“A classy joint” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 449 hotels in New York City
new york
“A classy joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent service and great location. Near the West Village (my favorite part of NYC) and in SoHo. Very nice spa, although one needs a computer class in order to work the shower and toilet. Magnificent views of the city.

Room Tip: ask for a river view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear ciaonestor

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo and The Spa at Trump. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

1,776 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Korean first
faiha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Relatively speaking, this hotel is the best in Manhattan it has a modern decor with the great view to the city also the bathroom has that view.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very, very nice Hotel, we booked it because we wanted to stay in a nice Hotel out of the croudiest areas. Is close to great restaurants and shops, and if you want to go to a Theater, is close enough.
The rooms were impecable, the service was great, same with the food.
We now have our Hotel in New York.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear chFinkelberg

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I appreciate you choosing us as your hotel of choice in NYC and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

One full week in March 2012 with my lovely wife.
High standard service and equipment, amazing view, perfect location to erround all down town NYC.
Makes you like even more the city.
Don't need to bring your iPhone charger, you can charge it on the iPod/iPhone dock you have in the bedroom while listening to your own music!!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fabrice D

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the ipod docking station in your room and our downtown location. I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Trump SoHo.

Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here right before the hurricane hit with our two kids. Had a very nice one bedroom suite that worked well for all of us. The room was nice and spacious and had floor to ceiling windows that looked out over lower Manhattan and the Hudson. There is a subway station right across the street and two others for different lines within blocks. Absolutely ideal for getting around. Plus, a walk down Spring St. and you are right in the heart of SoHo. We had the breakfast package and the buffet was small, but had everything you needed and was nicely done. We never did get around to checking out the pool so I don't know what it was like.
The service was top notch at check-in and they were very accommodating when we had to check out early because of the weather. The hotel was also very welcoming to kids, with complimentary warm milk brought up at night and our sofa bed made daily.
The only downsides, and they are minor, is that there is no free wifi, which drives me crazy, and the bathroom was not very private. The toilet area is surrounded by frosted glass and is essentially open to the rest of the room as there is no door on the bathroom. I know this design trend was popular for awhile, but I hate it. Other than that, great stay and we would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear jacknmacksmom

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a wonderful stay and appreciate your feedback on the bathroom. We do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms when the reservation is booked directly through our website. In addition, we also have complimentary wifi in our lobby for all guests and a complimentary business center. I look forward to welcoming your family back on your next trip to NYC.

Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

From start to finish this was an excellent stay. As we checked in, Champagne and strawberries were being served in the lobby. The room, on the 33rd floor, was exceptional. I like to feel like I'm the first person that has used the room, and they succeeded! The daily cleaner was very good, and really cheerful and positive. In fact, all the staff I was in contact with were polite and helpful.
Bed - superb (although I don't like the optional spa pillows. They are supposed to be scented I think, but just didn't look right and certainly didn't smell scented).
The bathroom was enormous, and there is a floor to ceiling window by the bath. I could look at the Empire State Building while bathing!
Internet is extra, but the speed, at about 24Mbps the 2 times I measured it, is way above the normal hotel average. It looks like you need to pay for each device you use, but you don't. They remove anything more than 1 charge from the bill before you leave. It might be worth double checking with them though; I did, twice. It's about $75 dollars a week, but I don't thinks that's bad for the excellent speed and signal.
There's a microwave in the room, which seems a bit redundant, but it's hidden away. There's the usual ludicrously expensive mini bar, but there's enough room to get a few bits of your own in like milk. Oh, and the Nespresso machine is great, and they constantly refill the little coffee things you need - for nothing.
Great turn down service, free bottles of water and chocs.
Location is great, spring street and surrounding bits really interesting.
I spent AGES trying to decide where to stay in NYC (it was our first visit), I think I picked the best.
Very expensive, but very worth it.

• Stayed October 2012
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear as_allen

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your first stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and housekeeping team and will be sure they are recognized. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gallarate, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

being the tallest building in soho and other neigh boroughs, you normally have an amazing view of the town or of the Hudson river and it was. We had a room on 35th floor with stunning view of the Hudson and financial district as well. The location is perfect to see the vibrant soho, tribeca, nolita, etc...
I do not agree anyway with excellent reviews talking about a 5L hotel. Breakfast is small and not so certainly at the level of a 5L hotel. The SPA! 25$ access to get in to a microscopic sauna as well as the steam bathroom. Better to not have the SPA, better to only serve treatments and stop.

Not sure to come back here again. We are talking about an average price of 700 USD including taxes. There are many places around for that spending. Really many options.

Room Tip: I like higher floors and in this case make sense because of the great size of this tower. Hudson vi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear pantomo

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the views from your room of downtown and the Hudson River. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast and spa and hope to welcome you back again.

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!