“Almost Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Phoenix
“Almost Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed at the Trump Soho for 4 nights (Sept 29th -Oct 3rd). Definitely impressed with the property. We were upgraded to a suite (room 3207) and it was really nice. It was a true suite with separate bed room/living room. The Bathroom had a bathtub with a view. The electronics in the room were really impressive. HD TV, TV remote that also controlled the curtains and room lights. The TV remote also illuminated when it was picked up so that you could see the buttons. There was a Nespresso maker and the staff restocked the capsules every day. The shower had an incredibly nice rain shower.
My only 2 complaints are that WiFi costs $15 a day and in the Café they automatically include gratuity on the bill which led to inconsistent service from the staff. Getting a refill on your coffee was like pulling teeth.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Billyphyx,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed the views and amenities in your room. Regarding your experience in the Cafe, we do pride ourselves on our level of service, and I will speak to the team about your experience and look for ways in which we can improve. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mike Straube, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

Let me tell you this hotel is TOP NOTCH! My husband and I stayed here for 10 days on our first trip to NYC. This hotel was so clean and so nice. The person at the front desk apologized for our view but we had a great view. If you look to the right we had a beautiful view of the Empore State Building. The housekeeping staff was so great. They would leave us slippers and other little surprises. The doormen were so friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff was fabulous as well. We had the time of our lives on our trip and a great part of that is because of the staff and the hotel itself at Trump Soho. One last thing, you can hear no street noise AT ALL. Great hotel!

Dear Lorithib,

Thank you for your comments and for making Trump SoHo part of your first trip to NYC. I will be sure to share your customer service comments with the team here. We look forward to having you back when you return to The Big Apple.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for one week in September and it really made our week in NYC fantastic. We got upgraded to a big one bed suite on the 40 th floor, with views from the living area, bedroom and bathroom - and the bathtub! - of the Hudson, downtown NYC and Jersey. Bed was really comfy, and had many a bath after a lot of walking with a glass of wine watching the view. Hotel was beautiful, very modern and clean, very stylish. Good cocktails in the bar! Fab location, there was a subway two minutes walk away and very easy to get uptown in a short space of time. Soho and surrounding areas full of great shops, bars and restaurants and within easy walking distance, away from the hustle and bustle of midtown. Spa also fab. Staff very friendly. We would return!!!!

Dear allycambell,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's location and amenities. We look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011 via mobile

I am a regular here and I must say it get's better every time.The staff is always attentive but this time around I was greeted by a new face. The new front desk agent Tiffany was extremely courteous and professional.I've never encountered such amazing customer service.She genuinely cares about what the guest wants and I must say she is a great addition to Trump Soho.My room was amazing and I will continue to come back here.

Dear Tjohnson23,

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel and our customer service. I will be sure to share your feedback with Tiffany. Thank you for your loyalty, and we look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Six nights of perfection while staying at the Trump SoHo. From the unlimited bottles of complimentary Fiji water and other standard amenities, to the delicious chocolates at bedside each night, to the gracious, intelligent, and willingness-to-help attitude of the staff, delicious food in their restaurants, our stay couldn't have been lovelier and more comfortable. This last stay was our fourth visit since the hotel opened. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Try to get a gorgeous corner picture-glass window view of the city, overlooking the river and bridge...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry F.,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back.

New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Trump SoHo really blew me away in nearly all respects. After telling the front desk upon check-in that this was a post-engagement stay, they leapt to arrange strawberries in the room and had my own bottle of champagne chilling on ice when we arrived along with rose petals on the bed. Couldn't have been nicer.

The rooms are very large for NY standards and have every amenity. Everything feels new and up to date, and they really go out of the way to provide any service you could want. There's no ice machine on the floor--just call and they'll hand deliver. Forgot a hair brush? A runner will go out and purchase one for you.

NY hotels are not cheap, but in comparison, I really have to say that you get your money's worth here. A bad experience can be had even at the most luxurious hotels--especially if they've been around for a long time. But I just can't imagine that happening here. I guess there's a reason all the reviews are glowing. They just do things right and don't cut corners.

Room Tip: If you're given a choice to upgrade online to a river or city view for a few bucks, take it. We...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear camnoreal,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I will share your kind thoughts with the team. We look forward to seeing you back in NYC, and congratulations on your engagement.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011 via mobile

Forgot my wallet at home, flight delayed until 11pm...needless to say I had a bad day-luckily I had my passport. Unfortunately I had no credit cards. Xin made sure my night didn't get worse- made sure I checked in without a problem and was able to charge a meal. Against the manager's suggestion...MR. Chasen please make sure Xin is recognized for taking the extra step to take care of a guest. I'll be back because of him.

Dear lit71,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I will be sure to share your feedback with Xin, and I am happy he was able to turnaround your bad day. We look forward to having you back.

Mike Straube, General Manager

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!