“Straddles style and tack” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC

Save Saved
You added Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC to your Saves list
Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   420 Park Avenue South, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
20% off Spa + Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Northampton England
“Straddles style and tack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

A hotel that in parts is trendy, and stylish, but at times crosses the divide into tacky. Like hosting the "naked dating"launch party in the bar....or the bar staffs dressed in those just a bit too tight /too short dresses.....it's good, but sometimes tacky.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Waldea,

Thank you for the review. We value all of our guests' opinions and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to email Digital@TheGHG.com for further questions or concerns.

Gansevoort Park Avenue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband made a one night reservation because he had an early business meeting the following morning near the hotel. The room we were given was very nice and clean but we wanted to see if we could purchase the next category because I wanted a verandah. We went to the front desk and spoke to Michael S. & Christina. They were very nice and searched their system and found a room that accommodated our requests. During our stay, we loved the rooftop pool and enjoyed our poolside service drinks. After that, we took a long walk around the city and came back to eat at the restaurant at the hotel, which we also enjoyed. My husband also used the gym the next morning and said it was good. The hotel’s checkout policy is 12:00pm. Although my husband was on his way back to the hotel to get me, I was concerned that I would get stuck waiting in the lobby for him if he was delayed. I went to the front desk again and asked if I could stay longer due to the situation and they extended me the extra minutes at no charge. At that point I asked the very nice guy who was helping me, Alexandel , to write down his name, Christina’s and Michael S.’s names so I can make this review. I know my husband and I will definitely stay there again.

Dear April B,

Thank you for the outstanding review. We loved having you and we're pleased your experience was nothing short of amazing. We are always happy to accommodate special requests and we're elated we could upgrade your room. We don't blame you, being able to see the beautiful cityscape from your bedroom can make any moment memorable. We understand how busy New York City can be and we're thrilled we were able to extend your check-out time. We appreciate your compliments and we'll be sure to relay them to our dedicated team. We are looking forward to your return. Until next time!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Had a great stay at Gansevoort - was recommended by a colleague as I travel to NYC every month for a week on business, and it's near my office there.

I've been to over 10 different NYC hotels in the past year, and now I won't be staying anywhere else.

The front desk (Juan) was super tolerant of my late check in and the room was immaculate, comfortable and quiet which is very important given I usually have a pretty intense week of meetings when I'm over and need to get as much sleep as possible! It also had a deep tub and an excellent separate shower which is rare for NYC hotels.

I look forward to my next visit.

Dear csfulham,

Thank you for the rave review. We're elated you chose to give us a try and we're thrilled to be your new go-to NYC hotel. We understand the importance of a good night's rest and we're glad you found your room to be quiet as well as comfortable. We're happy you enjoyed our ample-sized bath tubs and we hope it was relaxing after a long day. Whether it be for business or pleasure, we're looking forward to having you again. Until next time!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great place to stay in NYC. The room was clean and the position was great. The issue we found was that the service in the restaurant and bar was awful. We had a drink at the bar one afternoon and it was not busy at all, lots of staff wondering around but paying absolutely no attention to the patrons, waited at least 20 minutes for a bowl of nuts - had to ask 3 times. We had breakfast in the morning and found the same thing. Indifferent waiter and had to wait a long time for him to provide service. Bottom line... if you don't eat or drink there, it's great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear nmre,

Thank you for the detailed review. We deeply regret your experience at Asellina was not up to par and we appreciate your feedback. We'll be sure to inform our restaurant management of your comments to ensure all future visits are nothing short of amazing. On another note, we're glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and our wonderful location. Our dedicated team would love another chance to prove our commitment and provide an outstanding stay. Please feel free to contact Digital@TheGHG.com for further questions or concerns. We hope to have you again soon.

Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Gansevoort Park Avenue lived up to and surpassed our expectations. Our room was spacious with a small balcony from which we could see the Empire State Building - cool! It was not noisy (we were on floor 12), except for the occasion traffic noise - but you are in NYC for goodness sake! The hotel staff were courteous and recognized my birthday, which was the reason we had come to NYC. Yes, the nightclub was busy on weekends, but we were given immediate access whenever we desired, and also could not hear it from our room at all. We also really enjoy our experience at the hotel restaurant, Asellina. Thanks for a great trip! ** Oh, and excellent, FREE, wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear murphy713,

Thank you for the splendid review and happy birthday! We're honored you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us and we're pleased you had an impeccable experience. Waking up to a view of the Empire State building is a wonderful way to start the day and we're glad you loved the view. Additionally, we understand the importance of staying connected and we're happy you enjoyed our free high-speed Internet. We're elated you had a great time and we hope to have you again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've stayed at the Gansevoort Park Ave before for both business and pleasure. My experiences have always been terrific and our experience this past weekend was no exception. My wife and I came in from the burbs for a long overdue weekend away and to catch a Broadway show. When you enter the lobby you just feel transported. The hotel is sleek and modern but not overwhelming in size. We were greeted at the front desk by Alexander who was friendly, attentive and according to my wife, quite attractive! Our room was clean and spacious as was the bathroom. The king bed was way more comfortable then ours at home! The free Wi-Fi is a great bonus as well. We requested a microwave for special dietary needs and it arrived within minutes.The rooftop pool is super cool! Not too many of those in Manhattan! The neighborhood has plenty of restaurants, takeout places and shops, and is a nice walk or short cab ride to the theater district. I am booked again for an upcoming business trip and look forward to my stay. You just can't go wrong here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear dannyg31,

Thank you for the brilliant review and we wish you a warm welcome back! A getaway weekend in New York City should be memorable and we're happy you were satisfied from the moment you walked through our doors. We appreciate your compliments and we'll be sure to relay them to Alexander and the rest of our devoted team. We're thrilled you enjoyed our divinely cozy beds and our free high-speed Internet. On another note, we're always happy to accommodate special requests and we're glad we could quickly provide a microwave. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to your upcoming business trip.

Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights at this fantastic hotel. Kinda hip, but not in A Vegas kinda way. Great night club, rooftop pool, and nice rooms. The staff could not have been any better. The location for us was perfect, and we can't wait to go back next May.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear No2taxx,

Thank you for the amazing review. We're thrilled you had a wonderful experience and we're excited you've already planned your next visit. Our area is conveniently located near some of New York's best attractions and we're glad it perfectly suited your needs. We're also happy you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and our refreshing rooftop pool. See you next May!

Gansevoort Park Avenue

Been to Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC? Share your experiences!