“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC

You added Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC to your Saves list
Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   420 Park Avenue South, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
More For Less Offer
Ranked #69 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have just returned from my stay here with my husband for 5 nights. We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and my husbands 40th birthday. I had made the concierge aware of these celebrations prior to our visit and they ensured we had an amazing room with a view of the Empire State Building and that a bottle of fizz was awaiting our arrival. This was just the start of a wonderful break at the Gansevoort with the concierge also assisting with breakfast in bed along with birthday cupcakes on my husbands birthday.
The rooftop bar and pool are lovely but attract a young, noisy crowd at the weekend. Something to be aware of if this is not your scene and you are staying on the very top floors. We were not disturbed by the noise however and were on 14th floor.
Great service by all the staff - special mention to Daniel on the front desk and all members of concierge who replied to my numerous emails prior to our visit.
The next time we visit NYC the Gansevoort Park NYC will be our first choice hotel and I will be recommending to friends!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear lugsy77,

Thank you for the brilliant review. We're sending our well wishes to you as well as your husband and we're elated your experience was flawless. We're honored you chose to spend two significant occasions with us and we're pleased we could accommodate your special requests. We'll be sure to inform our dedicated team of your kind remarks as we know they'll be thrilled you had a superb time. We're glad you were able to visit our lively rooftop bar and we're happy the atmosphere suited your taste. We greatly appreciate referring us to your friends and hope to continually provide the same level of impeccable service for future trips.

Gansevoort Park Avenue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I arrived at the Gansevoort Park at 11am in the morning (vs. check in time 2pm), thinking just to leave my luggage there until 2pm. Michael at the front desk was extremely accommodating and found a room for me to check in to early. There were also some issues with my reservations where my 3-day stay was made in 2 different reservations and a different room class too. But Michael was able to find a room for me and keep me in the same room throughout my stay, making a huge difference in my stay. And the front desk always greeted guests in and out. So warm, friendly and accommodating.

The location was perfect. It was easy to go uptown and downtown and walking distance to… everywhere basically. Close to Madison Square Eats which I loved. The area is decent and not as loud/crowded as other areas/neighborhoods. The rooms were new, chic and CLEAN. Didn’t have a funny smell… (I stayed at Westin Times Square for 1 night before my Gansevoort Park stay… disgusting). Toiletries and towels were nice. Loved the big, white sink. Bed was comfortable as well. My only complaint was that my hair dryer wasn’t working but that was easily taken care of by housekeeping.

I have stayed at quite a few hotels in NYC… Grand Hyatt, W, The Standard, The London Hotel, Westin Times Square, etc. It’s not a secret that NYC hotel rooms are extremely pricey. Some hotels are expensive and yet their rooms and service are not good. Though Gansevoort wasn’t exactly cheap, at least the rooms were new and decent and the service from the staff was warm and welcoming. It was worth the money unlike other hotels that are around the same price range but without the good staff and nice rooms.

I will never stay anywhere else. Every time I go back to NYC, I will only stay at the Gansevoort Park.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Sharon S,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We're honored to be your preferred NYC hotel and we're looking forward to having you again. Arriving before planned can easily happen and Michael will be pleased you appreciated your early check-in as well as room change. We aim to provide a flawless experience and we're glad you weren't disappointed. On another note, we apologize the hair dryer didn't initially work but we're glad our housekeeping department quickly replaced it. We're pleased our excellent service and friendly team proved your stay to be worthwhile. We appreciate your loyalty and can't wait until your return.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I've stayed at The Gansevoort Park Avenue twice for business and can't say enough good things about the responsiveness of the staff. Clancy and the team on concierge are incredibly responsive nothing is too much trouble. They got me an almost impossible to get ticket to see Hedwig and The Angry Inch last week (try to see it Neil Patrick Harris is mindblowingly good). In terms of the hotel ask for a room away from the elevator. Rooms are a good size and really functional. Hotel is in a great location to walk to lots of activities. If the weather is good make sure to have a look at the rooftop bar and pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear jillsc79,

Thank you for the outstanding review. It's been lovely having you and we're thrilled you continuously have a wonderful experience. Clancy and the rest of our dedicated team are always happy to accommodate your special requests and we’re delighted our rooms were to your liking. Furthermore, there's a plethora of attractions to see in New York and it's great that you were able to make it to a Broadway show. Whether it be for business or pleasure, we would love to have you again.

Courbevoie, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Beautiful and big room. Clean. Pool small but nice to have when very hot

- Not allowed to get into the club although when I called reception before the booking I have been told that we have access to the pool bar and the club without queuing!! For the pool bar ok for the club the awful attitude of the guy was choking for such hotel.
- Lunch on Sunday was awful poor service ordered egg Benedict without bacon it came with bacon I sent it back. 2 minutes later they served me the same plate they just removed the bacon!! I am vegetarian how disrespectful this attitude is!! I could have sued them as the waiter confessed that they just removed the bacon and took back the plate. They did not propose to offer the meal. Will never go back there !! this is not what you expect when you stay at the Gansevoort. Very disappointed and choked by the bacon episode...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Chacha760202,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We deeply regret your visit was not up to par and we apologize for the misunderstanding. You should have been granted access to our rooftop bar + lounge and we have followed up with our team to further investigate the incident. Additionally, we appreciate your feedback regarding your lunch and apologize for the miscommunication. We understand and respect your food restrictions and we'd never intentinally serve a guest something they are unable to eat. We will be sure to reiterate to Asellina’s management team the importance of asking guests if they have any food allergies or restrictions to avoid a similar situation in the future. We'd love a second chance to prove our dedication in making your visit nothing short of amazing. Please feel free to contact us at Digital@TheGHG.com for any further questions or concerns.

New YOrk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

my friend and I stayed here for a girl's weekend. When i checked in, the girl at the desk said 'your room is not ready. your friend tried to check in also. she left her credit card on file. is that the one i should use when to charge your room to?' I said fine. i found my friend and we wanted to leave our bags and have lunch while waiting for the room. the guy at the front desk said our room IS ready, and didn't show any CC on file. so not sure what the girl was talking about. The room was nice. Terrible lighting. and only one mirror, which was in the bathroom. Def needed another one. No outlets near the bed to keep my phone charged in. 2 outlets on the desk but both were used by lamp and phone. terribly scratchy towels. We went to the rooftop bar for an early cocktail. the cushions were all wet when we sat on them. ordered the drink the waitress recommended. $15 and no alcohol at all. Total rip off. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: we were told we would have a good view on the 17th floor our room was 1714. we faced another build...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear a2ndcc,

Thank you for the detailed review. We deeply regret you didn't completely enjoy your experience and we apologize for the miscommunication at check-in. We appreciate your feedback and we'll be sure to inform our team of your experience to prevent similar situations occurring in the future. Additionally, we apologize you were unhappy with the lighting and lack of mirrors in your room. We're always happy to accommodate special preferences, such as additional lamps or extra outlets upon request. Unfortunately, our outdoor rooftop furniture does get wet when it rains and we apologize our team didn't notify you prior to sitting down. It is important to us that your visit is nothing short of flawless and we are confident that we can accomplish this if you choose to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact Digital@TheGHG.com for further questions or concerns.

Conshohocken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I just returned from my first visit to the Gansevoort Park Avenue. In typical New York fashion it was extremely difficult to valet park our car. Taxis and buses were beeping impatiently so the gentleman from the hotel kindly suggested us parking ourselves in the facility directly across the street saving us the aggravation of circling around a few blocks of bumper to bumper traffic. When we entered the hotel we were blown away with the amazing modern decor but what stood out the most was the friendly handsome faces greeting us at the desk. The valet gentleman immediately apologized for the parking frenzy and handed us each a complimentary cocktail card to be redeemed at the trendy roof top pool. The knowledgeable concierge was very helpful in helping us choose our dinner spot and Alexander at the front desk was most accommodating with our luggage and shopping bags storing them for us while we had dinner after already checking out of the hotel. We had a great visit and will be returning again in September and will surely be making this our New York home away from home from now on.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear etsplash,

Thank you the brilliant review. We're honored to be your home-away-from-home in New York and we're thrilled you had a wonderful trip from check-in to check-out. It can be difficult to find parking in the city but we're glad our team offered an alternative solution. We're happy you put the complimentary drink cards to use because indulging in a cocktail above the cityscape can make it easy to forget about a frustrating experience. Our team is always happy to assist with any special requests and we're glad our concierge was able to provide dinner recommendations. We look forward to creating many more Manhattan memories with you in September.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

5 star hotel, 5 star treatment. All the staff were incredibly helpful and willing to go that extra length to ensure we had everything we needed.
Rooms were incredibly spacious ,decorated with good taste with super sized tubs installed in the bathroom.
Didn't get chance to go in the rooftop pool but the views of the manhattan skyline we're awesome. Perfect to kick back with a cocktail and take it all in

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Jermaine R,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience. We're pleased you enjoyed our ample-sized bedrooms, chic décor and enormous tubs. It's unfortunate you didn't have a chance to visit our rooftop, but we're glad you still enjoyed the panoramic views. We'd love to have you again for a cocktail above the skyline.

Gansevoort Park Avenue

Been to Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC? Share your experiences!