My husband and I stayed at the Gansevoort Park Ave for nine nights to celebrate my 40th birthday and after doing a lot of research, we're so pleased that we chose this hotel. Its location is brilliant - there is a subway station located right next door and you're only two stops from Grand Central Station, and a ten minute walk from pretty much everywhere (Times Square, Fifth Ave etc.). The rooms are beautifully presented, incredibly spacious and clean, the service is first class and I have never slept in a more comfortable hotel bed!
The hotel restaurant Asellina has a great atmosphere - the food is fabulous and reasonably priced. Furthermore, it seems to attract quite a lot of locals in the evening which is always a good sign. The rooftop bar is 'the place to be' (for locals and guests alike) and despite its party atmosphere, we didn't hear any noise at all from our room. Clearly, the hotel has gone to great lengths to ensure guests are not disturbed by the activity.
Thanks for a great experience, Gansevoort Park Avenue. We'll definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel New York City
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gansevoort Park Avenue offers 249 luxury rooms and remarkable suites, most with lofty ceilings, Juliet balconies, and five fixture bathrooms. The three-story atrium lobby showcases striking herringbone granite floors, an oversized fireplace, and dramatic aubergine chandeliers. There is a signature rooftop pool for sunbathing and city-escape daydreaming and a bi-level rooftop bar + lounge wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.