My husband and I choose the Gansevoort to stay at whilst on a recent visit to New York. I really don't think we could've picked a better hotel. This was my seventh visit to New York and by far the best, that was largely down to the hotel and its team there. From check in to departure nothing was too much trouble. In fact after departure enroute to the Bahamas we realised we'd left our regular sim card in the safe, can you believe the hotel DHL'd it to the hotel we were staying at in Key West later on our trip. A special mention has to be given to Wade in the bar (actor by profession), his bloody marys were bloody outstanding (he makes the mix himself, a secret recipe). The bar was buzzin and I could've watch him work the bar for hours. The food was excellent there too, bar food fantastic but the Italian restaurant absolutely amazing. We stayed in a loft suite the space - incredible! Huge lounge, bedroom and bathroom with a Juliet balcony. There are some great restaurants and bars close to the hotel, bread and butter across the road serve fab breakfasts. Attractions, subway and the infamous hop on hop off bus are easy access from the hotel. Oh yeah and the rooftop pool and bar, so cool! We're 40 plus and I did wonder whether the hotel would just be full of young beautiful people, it was (including Rhianna during our stay) but we didn't feel out of place at all and I think they was largely due to the fabulous team at the hotel, something that can be lacking in NYC at times. So if you want to stay at a hotel that's not only endorsed by me but celebs (including the Kardashians) too, book here!
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel New York City
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gansevoort Park Avenue offers 249 luxury rooms and remarkable suites, most with lofty ceilings, Juliet balconies, and five fixture bathrooms. The three-story atrium lobby showcases striking herringbone granite floors, an oversized fireplace, and dramatic aubergine chandeliers. There is a signature rooftop pool for sunbathing and city-escape daydreaming and a bi-level rooftop bar + lounge wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Olotels, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.