As a hotel "snob" looking for the perfect hotel, I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years in NYC. Since the Four Seasons (where I usually stay in other cities) is way too expensive in NYC, the Gansevoort Park is my new favorite. I stayed on a business trip for 5 nights in a Grand Deluxe King which was very spacious (around 500 sq ft) and after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor about the noise from the rooftop bar, I called the front desk before arrival to find out where the quiet rooms are (answer: floors 9-14, facing 29th St... very quiet if you make those requests. I slept perfectly!). I loved this hotel from start to finish. The bathrooms were excellent (large space, with long marble counters, separate shower stall: everything I like in a bathroom!), the bed was really comfy with a pillowtop on the mattress, duvet covers that are washable sheets---i.e., not a gross bedspread, and other little touches that I loved like the office supplies on the desk of neon sticky note pads. The entire staff went above and beyond to make my stay fantastic. I was so impressed with the friendly and helpful staff, that I wrote down a few of their names for kudos: Michael at the front desk, Clancy the bellman, and Carlos the bartender at Asselini. My only small request for improvement is to make the lighting better near the make-up mirror in the bathroom-- it was great to have that magnifying mirror, but the lighting in that corner was way too dim for applying makeup.
Overall, an A+ experience, thank you to the Gansevoort Park! I will absolutely stay there again and tell all my friends. (Btw, I rarely take the time to write these reviews, but had to share this one experience....)
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel New York City
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gansevoort Park Avenue offers 249 luxury rooms and remarkable suites, most with lofty ceilings, Juliet balconies, and five fixture bathrooms. The three-story atrium lobby showcases striking herringbone granite floors, an oversized fireplace, and dramatic aubergine chandeliers. There is a signature rooftop pool for sunbathing and city-escape daydreaming and a bi-level rooftop bar + lounge wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Olotels, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.