Just back from a weekend in NYC visiting our daughter. We stayed at the Gansevoort Park Avenue on her recommendation as it is close to her apartment and we enjoyed our stay. For us the location was perfect and also very convenient -- Starbucks across the street, nice little market and deli across Park Ave and close to the subway. We had a Grand Deluxe room which was spacious by Manhattan standards with a small couch and chair as well as a desk, and a nice bathroom. My only quibble with the bathroom was that the lighting was dim. Nice makeup mirror but not enough light! The gym is small but adequate for a hotel gym. The rooftop bar and club were hopping at night and attract a young and very loud crowd. We went up with our daughter and her friend and enjoyed it for a while -- but eventually the noise was too much for my 50-something ears and so I retreated early. My husband did enjoy the pool deck as a spot to read and smoke a cigar in the afternoon. The staff were all very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The hotel has a young "feel" to it -- similar to a W or the Soho Grand I'd say. I'd definitely recommend requesting a room on a floor well below the club to avoid late night noise. We were on the 5th floor so had some street noise but were on 29th street rather than Park Avenue which helped and the noise wasn't bad at night. And NO club noise which was good. We will definitely stay again when visiting our daughter as long as she is in her current apartment.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel New York City
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gansevoort Park Avenue offers 249 luxury rooms and remarkable suites, most with lofty ceilings, Juliet balconies, and five fixture bathrooms. The three-story atrium lobby showcases striking herringbone granite floors, an oversized fireplace, and dramatic aubergine chandeliers. There is a signature rooftop pool for sunbathing and city-escape daydreaming and a bi-level rooftop bar + lounge wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.