“Cambodian Inspired Deliciousness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Num Pang Sandwich Shop

Num Pang Sandwich Shop
140 E 41 St, New York City, NY 10017 (Chelsea)
212-867-8889
Neighborhood: Chelsea
New York City, New York
“Cambodian Inspired Deliciousness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a Cambodian inspired sandwich recently? No? No problem, you can just go to Num Pang Sandwich Shop at one of their five NYC stores. I stopped by their Grand Central location. It's a quick-serve environment, mainly take-out, but a couple of the locations have seating. One thing that themes all of the locations is the fun, vibrant graffiti-clad walls and the hip-hop music that you'll hear. Since it's not Burger King, they request that you don't ask to modify their sandwiches and enjoy them as they've been designed. Which, is no problem since there's really something for everyone, including great salads and sides.

I ordered Roasted Cauliflower (Cucumber, Pickled Carrots, Cilantro, Chili Mayo, Chinese and Thai Eggplant Spread, Chili Soy).

You can read my full review with photos athttp://sprungonfood.com/2014/04/03/num-pang-sandwich-shop

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and very quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

A group of us stopped in for a quick bite to eat before seeing a show. The beef and coriander was absolutely outstanding and I would definitely recommend this to anyone nearby. It's not the cheapest but I would certainly say excellent value when you consider the quality. Would go again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious but inconsistent meat quality ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I love this place and eat here every time I stay in the city. I always get the BBQ brisket and corn on cob. I ordered delivery 2x on my last visit. On Saturday, it was great. On Monday, the meat was over 50% fat. I was so aggravated because by the time I cleaned it up, it was more of a veggie sandwich.
They should know better than to serve you mostly fat. That is not cool. I'll still eat there but probably stick to eat in or carry out so I can see what I'm getting before it's too late.
Also, be aware of no substitutions or alterations. That includes cutting sandwich in half. It doesn't bother me but I have seen people get an attitude when told no.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“I'm still thinking about my sandwich, with love.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This tiny little gem is worth seeking out. Just look for the line-up. Don't worry, the staff keeps the line moving quickly as it prepares each sandwich to order, hot, fresh and delicious. The bread is soft and flavourful, with a crispy, bubbly crust, compliments of the amazing NYC water. I had the tofu sandwich and I was in heaven from when I first opened my sandwich box to look to my last delicious bite. The condiments are fresh and authentic, it's Cambodian street food in a chic, relaxed NYC location. If you grab a spot to eat upstairs, you'll be communing with others in sandwich nirvana. This place was recommended to me by a chef friend. You'll enjoy Num Pang!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Tasty but not authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very tasty but my sandwich was soggy from over saucing and the pulled pork was a little too mushy. This may have been because we got takeaway and carried it 10 blocks.
Also for a Vietnamese roll (or sandwich as they call it here) it was too pricey. They should be closer to $6, not $9.

• Visited January 2014