“Great Thai food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sticky Rice

Sticky Rice
85 Orchard St, Frnt 3, New York City, NY 10002-4564 (Lower East Side)
212-274-8208
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
San Jose, CA
“Great Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Exploring the restaurants near my hotel in the Bowery, I stumbled across Sticky Rice primarily because of the favorable reviews on Yelp. After my dinner there I would have to agree. I am still learning about Thai food, but the red curry was terrific. Not too spicy either. Add in a couple of bottles of Singha beer, and I left there a very happy camper.

Service was excellent and the place was attractive. The walls were brick but they had done some interesting painting on the bricks to simulate artwork which I thought really was creative and worked very well. Really improved the look of the place.

Wholehearted recommendation.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

glasgow
“Lovely little restaurant great value and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Popped into this restaurant in Chinatown as I love thai food and always go to thai restaurants anywhere I go!

Between 5-7.30 it's happy hour and there is a set menu for 10.95 (dollars) which includes wine, beer or soft drink. The selection is small however but the food is lovely and for the price it's great value.

The staff were friendly and attentive it's definitely worth a visit!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Thai restaurant in L.E.S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Being a tourist in New York and coming back from Bangkok, after a long and exhausting day we ended up eating in sticky rice because it was not far from our flat. What a good surprise. Green curry being my favorite dish, I chose it but without conviction thinking I'd be disappointed.....and I was not! The real taste of Thailand! That was great!
The atmosphere is warm, a reclining Buddha painted in a wall and many candles. We really appreciated spending the evening there and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for Thai food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Great food, great cocktails ... Best bang for the bug”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We changed dinner plans based on the reviews on tripadvisor and went to Sticky Rice for an early dinner and a drink - or two. Appetizer: pan seared pork dumpling - yummy!! Main course : Pad Thai - very good and served hot (thank you)
Braised short rip - great seasoning. We also had multiple cocktails that were good. Prices were very reasonable and we would be going back when back in town.

Richmond, Virginia
“Amazing red curry, spectacular decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Red curry was awesome, as was the pad Thai.... Ridiculously cheap happy hour food special $11, a truly amazing value for 3 courses.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere