“bad experience” 3 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #369 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“bad experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

On arrivel were given a room on the second floor which was small old and not clean.When when i told the man at the front desk that we booked a room which had free wifi and was bigger then the room we received he was rude and insisted that it was our room. The next day the lady at the front desk did change the room when we asked. we received a room on the ninth floo which was bigger but there were days when we had no hot water
.The area is very good near the train and one can find supermarkets near by. We paid extra for the fridge. The hotel is undergoing renervation at the moment. if you are young and looking for a place to sleep this could suit you but on the whole i would not recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be larger and have recently been redone.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Came in last minute, very tired. The young desk man, Isaac, was very pleasant, and even volunteered a AAA discount better than the coupon I had. Internet was instantaneous, and fast as mine at home. The TV was old but had a good picture, no interference or denied channels from those listed. Had a real bathtub, a fixation of mine. Room was small but clean, the A/C worked fine. No external noise. Best view from a motel I've ever experienced (hilltop). My expectations were not high, as I was just looking for a place to crash. But this was far beyond my previous experiences in this price range. Repeat business here. BUT...remember this is a motel, not a hotel. It's strictly for travelers who are not using this as their final destination. Any ratings should be thought of in terms of expediency, not romance or business. D'accord?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Newyork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We are staying in This hotel is terrible ! When se arrived to our floor it stinked. The key Didnt worked there was no light in the closet where is the Safe box. Ps. The Safe box didnt work.After the first night we found 4 cockroach in our Room .. We informed this in the main desk and they respond that in all ny are cockroach sill they gave us another Room with the same characteristics except that it seems there are no cockroach and the safe box is working...Well the bellmans aré really gentle ... Good luck if you are staying in this hotel

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I visited this hotel recently, my SO and I, with my parents stayed here while visiting my sister who lives and works in NY, few blocks from the hotel.

At the recommendation of my parents I booked this hotel with them so we could stay close.

I am business owner and normally book accommodations with all the mod cons but settled for what I thought would be a cosy city hotel.

Upon our arrival, the stay was doomed, the front desk staff too busy and preoccupied laughing and joking with his fellow colleagues to pay us any attention. The, what I can only assume to be cleaning staff, carting used towels and bed sheets in and out, gawking and passing unsuitable comments in Spanish about my SO and sister (I happen to speak fluent spanish).

We then, after the front desk staff had decided we were worth his time, checked in. To note I had booked a King size bed room, and requested a corner facing the street and had emailed and confirmed this would be the case. My SO and myself were given a room on the 5th floor and my parents on the 11th.

No kingsize bed, horrible musty smell, old crt TV, phone not working, closet light not working. None of what had been requested. I even heard someone say from another room, "make sure you don't let the cat out".

If you plan to stay at this hotel make sure you book a room on 11th or 12th floor the club floor. They were kind enough to "upgrade" us even though we had paid for an executive king room. Surprisingly in the room next to my parents. Had they not had this room we wouldn't have known in different of standard of rooms. Flat screen TV, no fridge, private bathroom. Quite nice.

The cleaning service here was OK at best, often only leaving one towel instead of two. However often prompt. Front desk was prompt I found with requests, although we did suffer from the fact our room keys constantly demagnetised. The gym was joke and they should remove it from there listing. The hotel wifi, is also none existent, unless you want to do your work, in the lobby or standing in the hall.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Maybe for single traveller doing business. Not for families. Location is great, and few stops on the express to 34th or 42nd.

Overall highly disappointed with this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ST Martinville,LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I can't believe my trip advisor family would even write anything good about this place rooms are like a closet stinky smelly everywhere the carpets got holes I would have took pictures but to hot in halls the elevators are super small should only fit 4 adults hospitality zero and what gym they should take that stuff off the site wow what a dump only stayed one night to horrible to bare

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Would not recommend. Apart from the nice location on the upper west side I cannot think of any positives about this hotel. As you will read in the other comments - old, outdated, not overly clean. Lifts are ridiculously slow and dingy. TV didn't work at all. And staff in general were not friendly (a staff member who delivered a mini fridge to the room so I could store my insulin was positively rude as we didn't hear him knocking on the door straight away. Just to note I requested said fridge prior to check in, again while checking in, yet still had to phone and request again after checking in. Just an example of the hotel's efficiency) For the price you can find better. Would suggest you only stay here if you really can't find anything else.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Uptown hotel near subway. Within walking distance of central park. Deli, banks, market and restaurants near by. Hotel was clean. Beds were comfortable. Shower was hot and strong. Hairdryers barely worked and elevators were very slow but if you're on a lower floor you can use the stairs. Check out was noon and we had no problem extending until 1pm. Rates were reasonable and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Lower floors if you want to take the stairs. The only ice machine is on the 11th floor but elevator...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway? Share your experiences!