“2 Stars” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway

You added Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway to your Saves list
Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 W 94th St & Broadway, New York City, NY 10025 (Upper West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #373 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Boa Vista, RR
“2 Stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice, but really old hotel. The location is not that good, but there is a train station very next there. It is a clean and safe place to stay, next to train, so it has the essentials. I stayed at Carter and it was nice, so here it could be "perfect".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Close to both Central Park & The Hudson Riverside Walk, this hotel also has a subway station within a 5 minute walk so for somebody looking for a great valued Manhatten hotel, look no further.
Our room was extremely quiet, which for anybody who has stayed in the city before is a real treat.
It was also clean, had everything you required in it & had staff willing to go that extra mile to help the unknowing traveller. The bed was also very comfortable & the tv worked as tv's should.
For the money charged, we could not fault it & having had many worse experiences in this great city, we would recommend Days Inn to anybody looking for easy access to the city at a reasonable price.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I came for work and stayed 5 days. Rooms do not have heaters, the TV didn't work, hallways smell their age, to get to my room I had to go through the emergency exit; my room was actually located right next to the emergency stairs, I heard when people walked up and down the stairs. I felt like I woke-up the entire floor every time I try to close my room door. Note: the door was uneven and it wouldn't close unless it was slammed. Reception/ Check in was not courteous. The maintenance staff warned me to not use the main elevator if I didn't want to get stuck.... The room and bathroom were cleaned. The location is great, it is the least expensive "normal" hotel in NYC; although when you come for work all you just look for a great room to rest, which I didn't have. I wouldn't bring my kids here not for the location but due to the actual hotel comfort. Regardless, if you are looking for a cheap room in NYC and your hotel standards stop at: no roaches and clean; then is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

It's old, very old. But hey! We were there for the sightseeing so my room was only so I that I have a place to sleep, shower and change! Not to watch tv... Wi-Fi was working fine. The bathroom was clean and so was the bed. I didn't see any bugs and THAT's my main concern! You could see that there had been water infiltration but again, as long as it didn't rain in the room while I was there, I didn't really care. We stayed there 3 nights. Service could use some improvement. On our last day, we asked for a wake-up call that never came. That being said, this place is sooooo well-located!!! Right off Broadway Street, where you can flag a cab that will take you fairly quickly straight to Time Square (when there's not too much traffic... Think more of an hour (21$) to get to see a show on Broadway on a Saturday evening...), at a very short walking distance of a subway station, with a coffee/breakfast place right at the corner, and a pharmacy, which came handy to heal all the blisters I got from walking so much in Manhattan!!! Oh! and it's at fairly close walking distance of Central Park! A plus, for sure!!! In all, not such a great hotel but its location compensates for the negatives. Maybe I was just overexcited because it was my first time to NYC, i don't know. But I would recommend this place if you do not have a big budget and you don't really mind not being catered to. I hope this'll help! :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Well where to begin with this review. Upon arrival the staff were not welcoming at all. We were not informed that the tv was not working (we overheard one of the many guests complaining and put two and two together). Once we finally got to our room it smelt revolting even the halls smelled of wet carpet and mildew. In our room the carpets were dirty and extremely dated. It reminded badly of the hotels you see on csi for the murder scenes. But all jokes aside it was terrible. To add to our disappointment we had a bathroom you could hardly move in and no hot water. The hotel was not helpful at all so I suggest if you are looking for a half decent hotel in nyc stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great location. The hotel itself is old and it shows it. Old elevators, carpet, window a/c, radiator heating, and no view. A bit worn around the edges BUT it was clean. Bathroom was new. Water pressure a bit low, but water was got, TV worked, AC worked, in room coffee pot, iron and ironing board. It is OK for what it is and I'd stay there again for the price and location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have stayed two nights in this hotel.First the positive things. Its very next to the metro station and good location (central park is few blocks away, nice restaurants takeaways near by).Its in Manhattan so can reach the main attractions very easily. Price is cheaper compare to the other Manhattan hotels. Bed was comfortable.
Now the negative reasons . Wifi never worked in the room (614). Notified few times to the front office staff. wrote it down in a book every time. but never sorted out until we checked out. I had to come to the lobby with my laptop to surf internet. Room door didn't shut properly. Complained about it. One maintenance guy came around and confirmed the door is safe and won't open without the card.But there was a big gap between and I was worried about it until I checked out. Room deco was old but the bathroom was renovated recently. Most of the front office staff were helpful but not everybody.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway? Share your experiences!