“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway to your Saves list
Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 W 94th St & Broadway, New York City, NY 10025 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #368 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel room must have last been redecorated during Prohibition! I could not believe the degradation in this room. It had an overpowering odour of stale, decaying and very old furnishings. I felt I was being punished for past indiscretions in my life by having to sleep in this dump. It was awful and a nightmare! On entering the room, which took time some doing because of the magnetic card malfunctions, I was taken aback by the broken furniture, decaying carpet and the bathroom.....something from a period of long ago. The tiles are cracked like they have been forced apart by a pipe poking through the wall. In all my life and in staying in hotels in third world countries, nothing compared with this utter and absolute disaster of a hotel room. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!

Room Tip: ....don't stay in this hotel in any room even if it is the only hotel with a vacancy in New York...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights at the end of August and found the hotel to be fine. I love the location with many bars and shops within a 10 minute walk and the subway a 30 second walk.

Rooms smallish but fine, coffee maker and cable TV supplied.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with your staff during my stay at your hotel. Before I made a reservation I called to enquire if I could leave my luggage overnight and was informed we could.

My family and I were planning to stay in NY from the 18 Aug – 24 Aug, but we were going to Woodbury for a night (on the 21 Aug), thus we wanted to leave some of our luggage at the hotel for one night. Since we were informed we could, we made the booking to stay at your hotel.

When I checked in on the 18 Aug, I confirmed again and asked if I could if I could leave my luggage over night as I was checking out on the 21 Aug and will be returning to stay at Days Inn on the 22 Aug until 24 Aug. The staff at the reception (Stephan) said no problem.

When I checked out on the morning of 21 Aug, Coral Castillo informed I that we could not keep the luggage over night. We had quite a few luggages as my son was going to further his studies at a University in the US. We were shocked by the change but your staff refused our request despite us explaining we already had confirmation we could leave the luggage overnight. Coral was cold, distant and totally unhelpful.

So we had no choice but to bring all our lugagges to Port Authority, rented a space to store our luggages for the night and then upon our return bring all the luggages back to Days Inn Hotel the next day. Besides the inconvenience, the rental charges at Port Authority was not cheap so we had to repack our luggage at Port Authority there and then so we do not need to rent so much of space.

Upon our return to Days Inn on the 22 Aug, Stephan informed us that it was a misunderstanding and he was sorry. Thank You for the apology – but it is so simple to stand behind the counter and just say sorry. To say it was an inconvenience and stressful was an understatement. The luggage which I did not store at Port Authority and brought to Woodbury, I had to lug them throughout my whole day shopping at Woodbury. Try dragging a big luggage that weighs close to 50 pounds when you go shopping and tell me what it feels like.

Honestly, if your staff had been upfront and honest with us about your overnight luggage policy, it wd hv been fine with us as we will just go ahead and book other hotels which do cater for overnight luggage storage.

I have enjoyed my stay in the US except for the incident at your hotel, which marred my holidays.

I will never ever stay in this hotel ever again. I am a member of Wyndham Group Rewards and have stayed in other Wyndham hotels which I have been very happy with. Staying at Days Inn Broadway was the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably clean near subway station and all night supermarket this is really a budget travellers hotel .
Would I stay here again?
Yes if got for reasonable price
Would not pay more than 100 dollars a night for a single room with queen size bed and en suite

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for 9 nights in July 2013. I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't recommend this place. The rooms need a serious upgrade! The hallway carpet never looked clean (minor issue I know). The lady who is supposed to help with tour information was so unhelpful and acted like we were just a nuisance asking her questions. She told us a certain tour wasn't available so we called up ourselves and booked in for the exact day she had tried. The lifts were the biggest nightmare of all. So slow to move and open, and it took us a solid 10 minutes some days to even get an elevator. I would hope they actually get serviced. The best thing about this place was the location, right near a subway platform. Apart from that... Pretty average.

• Stayed July 2013
mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff were excellent. We arrived early knowing we would not be able to check. Doorman Ronald was very friendly and helpful in taking our bags for us so we could enjoy our first day. The lady on the desk, who turned out to be the Manager, was dealing with a rather difficult guest when we arrived. She was very polite and professional throughout the interaction. She was very friendly in every encounter we had with her over the course of our stay. Her name is Coral.. Thank You so much. Hotel is literally steps away from the subway.. 2 stops to Times Square. Manhattan diner round he corner, good food, good prices, big portions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
cork,ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in early August 2013.Arrived in Newark at 12 midnight,rang the minibus transport and we were picked up within 10 mins!! Dropped to the door after an hour.Coral Castillo was very friendly and welcoming--even at that hour of the morning.Lifts/corridors/carpeting/decor is a little old and worn in places and there is a weird smell in the corridors BUT--the room was perfectly adequate for our needs.After all,we weren't there to live in the room.Excellent mattress on a queen size bed:good storage:room safe:bathroom very good and towels clean.Neighbourhood is really lovely-2 blocks from Central Park and a short subway ride from all the major tourist attractions.HINT:get a 3 day subway pass for $29.Might sound expensive but is well worth it as you can transfer from subway to bus for no extra charge!! Excellent eateries in the area.24 hour Chemist on the corner.Fruit seller across the road.Shop 2 blocks away.This is not a hotel for people who require luxury.We had a wonderful stay here and we would not hesitate to stay here again if we ever get back to New York.Ms.Coral Castillo is a diamond and is SUPERB at her job.Thanks Coral.See you again soon(we hope)!!!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room on either the 11th,12th or 13th floors as these have all been revamped and are AM...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway? Share your experiences!