This is a gem of a little hotel. My friends and I have stayed here twice now, and we love it. We have had a King room, 3 double-double rooms, and a two bedroom suite (room 401, with a big King bedroom, a smaller double bedroom, a living room with pull out couch, and long thin terrace along the length). They were all great. The rooms are as they appear in the photos: lovely decoration, clean and luxurious bathrooms, nice kitchenettes, lots of drawer and closet space. Kitchenettes have those single serving coffee/tea makers; the one in the suite had a microwave.
We love that there is an elevator that goes straight down to the restaurant, and the terrific and lively bar there. It's a nice place to rendezvous if you are with a group. Breakfast of pastries, cereal, yogurt, coffee/tea, and juice is served in part of the same restaurant. The first time we came we never met Colin, but staff were very nice. The second time, Colin was there and I really think his presence adds to the excellence of this place.
We were scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, right in the middle of hurricane Sandy. They rescheduled us at no fee, helped with communication while phones were down, and were just so helpful in general--- right in the midst of what must have been going on in their own lives.
The location is great for a tourist. Less that 2 blocks from Times Square, but you would never know it. This block is all leafy green, brownstones, and restaurants. Eat at Becco; it was fantastic. Also, breakfast at "44 and a half" on 8th ave for breakfast.
- Also Known As:
- The French Quarters Guest Apartments Hotel New York City
- The French Quarters Guest Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on New York’s famed Restaurant Row, The French Quarters Guest Apartments brings a taste of the Big Easy to the Big Apple. Whether in town for a week, a weekend or an extended visit, the comfort and quality of superior accommodations and service awaits you. Our sophisticated and comfortable surroundings will refresh and rejuvenate you for another day in the board room or night on the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The French Quarters Guest Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.