“Beautiful rooms - Great location” 4 of 5 stars

The French Quarters Guest Apartments
346 W. 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Ranked #20 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Amarillo, TX
“Beautiful rooms - Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We loved this quaint hotel that felt just like we were in NOLA. I loved having a mini fridge and a Keurig right in our own little mini-kitchen! Breakfast was nothing special (except for the GREAT coffee) - but to have it included was a bonus for NYC. The bathroom was AMAZING! My only complaint was the temperature in the room made it hard to sleep. We stayed in March and it was so hot we had to open the window just to cool off a little. The staff said our AC was on - but it was sweltering in our room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
North, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Where to begin? Here's a list of why I love this hotel.
1. Hospitality. The French Quarter makes you feel like a long lost family member. Some of the best service around. When we arrived early in the morning, the sweet front desk woman, Stephanie, kindly stored our bags because our room was not ready. She told us she would call when the room became accessible. About 30 minutes or so later, we went down to see if the room was ready. We were greeted by the hilarious and hospitable manager, Colin. He was great.
2. Rooms. We received news that we were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite with a gorgeous balcony. Even if we were only staying for one night, it was the perfect place. Very clean, spacious, great bathrooms, three televisions, and mini kitchen.
3. THE LOCATION. My gosh, this place is in the perfect location. Steps away from Times Square, And situated right on resturaunt row. It's in a busy part of town, but the street is very quiet. It's perfect.

This hotel is absolutely grand. It deserves it's place in the top ten hotels in New York for sure. We are so happy we stayed there, and will be most definitely excited to return.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth it. The views and balconies are stunning.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

what a great find i will come back here time and time again. Fantastic value,I had the family with me and you cant beat the location, very close to Times Square and the Theater district which was perfect for a short weekend trip to NYC. really liked the personal service. I loved the bar too. i will definitely be back, and would definitely reccomend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Colin and his staff were amazing while I stayed at the French Quarter during Fleet Week. I look forward to going back when the opportunity presents itself! A great bar and restaurant as well. Perfect Location and character in New York City, an absolute must when it comes to visiting NYC!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My friend and I just returned from a perfect week end in New York .

I had wanted to stay at The French Quarters on previous trips, but they were booked. This particular week end I was fortunate enough to get a room. I had called them several times, with questions prior to the visit, because I had recently had an illness and had some problems with walking. They made every effort to make the experience as easy as possible and patiently answered all my questions. I must admit I would probably be considered a bit compulsive about details. I own a business that requires meticulous attention to detail and I expect that same attention to detail when I travel.

From check in to check out, the entire staff was exceptional in every way... warm and gracious.

Our room was a little small but that is to be expected in New York City. Every detail was done in good taste. It was beautifully decorated with toille fabric ( as in the pictures) with an elegant feel. The bathroom was pristine and had a lovely glass walk in shower with a built in bench. The shower had recessed lights that gave the room perfect illumination at night. Certainly also had bright lighting, when needed for make up and hair, etc.

The rooms are a little pricy, but worth every cent.

The continental breakfast staff was very helpful, to the extent of offering to help in anyway we needed. Michael, Cian (sp?) and others were gracious enough to offer me coffee a little before officially opened as I had an early morning appointment and they were aware of my walking problem. The breafast was more than enough and had plentiful and healthy choices to please anyone. Coffee, juices, muffins, croissants, cereals, eggs, yogurts, fruit.

The staff made me feel pampered and cared for. I have stayed at many upscale five star and smaller luxury boutique hotels over the years. Most offer exceptional service and luxurious rooms, but my stay at French Quarters surpassed any of the hotels, large or small, that I have visited, anywhere in the world. It was like staying as a guest in a dear friend's home...a dear friend with a dream staff and a dream apartment for her guest.

I would like to thank each and every staff person for their sincere hospitality. Thank you Colin, the General Manager, John , Stephanie and Tori. I appeciate all you did to make it an exceptional week end. If I forgot any names, I aplogize because this is a thank you to each and everyone of you. Thank you.

You will love your stay if you are fortunate enough to get a reservation. From what I have seen they will try their best to accomodate you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Decided to take a chance on a Bloomspot offer for three nights at thie 'boutique' Times Square hotel, though the offer turned out not to be that much better than booking directly. The property itself is definitely different from most Times Square or mid town hotels, with a small one person reception desk at the end of a narrow lobby and tow adjacent buildings with the rooms. The building my room was in required one steep flight of exterior stairs and another narrow curvy flight of internal stairs. Quaint like a an old New Orleans apt but not at all accessible. The room was a decent size for NYC with an exposed brick wall and fireplace facade. The lighting was a problem with the only choice between very bright recessed overhead lights or a very dim desk lamp. No desk area for working but the bathroom was a good size shower.

Room Tip: Internal rooms overlook other roofs and chutes but a re probably quieter. Not sure if any of the ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Got together with several family members for a milestone birthday celebration in the city. Used the French Quarters as our base of operation, could not have been more pleased. The hotel is strategically located which allowed us to walk to many tourist attractions. The accommodations had all amenities needed. The bed is SOOO comfortable. Staff, headed by manager, Colin, were extremely helpful. Continental breakfast was more than generally thought of. We will definitely stay here again on future NYC trips.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The French Quarters Guest Apartments? Share your experiences!