“oh my, a little bit of Aix-en Provence in New York City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Financier

Financier
3-4 World Financial Center, New York City, NY 10281 (Financial District)
(212) 786-3220
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,330 of 11,750 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Dessert, Café, Sandwiches
Neighborhood: Financial District
Neighborhood: Financial District
Ballinafad, Ontario
“oh my, a little bit of Aix-en Provence in New York City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On our last visit to NYC, we were staying at the Bentley , near 59th Street . Every morning we would set out for Tal's Bagels( I've already reviewed) and on the second morning my husband noticed a patisserie on the corner a couple of doors down from Tal's. We had been increcibly spoiled last spring when we were in the south of France, but thought let's give it a go. Oh , my, were we delighted. Every piece of decadent sweets you could ever imagine and if they looked grand , they tasted even better. Every bit as good as in France! Tiramisu, Chocolate Mousse cakes, decandance! There are several locations in the town. I am sure each one is as good as the one on First Ave near 53rd Street. Don't miss it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Came here after a recommendation from our tour guide. Had lovely sandwiches and cups of tea. Really quaint little cafe with a warm atmosphere. Definitely come here if you're in the financial district and want to rest your legs :) All the pastries and bakery items looked yummy but I was too full to sample any!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“superb patisserie!! Like in Paris!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was very happy to find Financier just outside of the Conrad hotel in the World Financial Center building. I learned that there are actually 10 locations in Manhattan! I tried just about everything in the shop (I took home a big bag of pastries) and it is all just as delicious as it looks!! You can buy whole cakes, or individual pieces, or small bags of various French Cookies. Of course there are croissants and pain au chocolat, paniers, etc. Don't miss it!! It's a little Parisian Oases!

Visited December 2012
Dover, Delaware
“Great breakfast snacks and deserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great little bakery for speedy snacks and deserts. The best item I'd recommend is the Almond Brioche. It's like a pastry and french toast combined with almonds on top. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Visited August 2012
Manhattan, NY
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We thought we were onto a secret in NYC many years ago when Financier only had two locations, the original and WFC. Now there are too many to count throughout the City and we are so happy for them. Great staff, excellent Illy caffe' and UNBELIEVABLE pastries. Having been fortunate enough to travel the world we've never found a pastry shop who consistently surprises and astounds, any flavor, any type.
Sanwiches are also very good. I'd stay away from the salads, value just not there.
Try the Stone Street or any one of the other 16 locations for unbelievably fantastic pastries.

Visited March 2012