I was not looking forward to staying here, I usually like a little more high end properties and like to stay downtown. But the prices that week in the city were absurd and I basically had no choice. I was also a little worried about the reviews I had read.
To start- the front desk staff was outstanding. Very curteous, friendly, super nice, I can't say enough. Check in was no problem and whenever I needed anything, they were helpful. Bell staff the same, super friendly and helpful. Great job.
The room- it was on the small side, but totally fine and functional. I had no view, but honestly, I left for work early and was back late, never had a chance to care. The bed was fine, a little hard, pillows were good. Starbucks coffee in the room, flat screen TV, free internet access. The shower was great! Also, being off the street was good, no street noise and I slept very well.
I didn't eat the free breakfast, just grabbed some coffee, so can't comment on that, but it looked like plenty of folks were taking advantage of it. Never made it up to the sky bar, wish I did.
The area is a little sketchy, even for me. I used to live in the city and know it well. But there are peep show places, adult video stores on the block as you walk towards 8th ave as well as a parole office. The bus station brings all sorts in the area anyway. With that said, no problems, no one hassled and I didn't see anything worrisome. It's the real NY, gritty and kind of cool. Once you cross over 8th ave, it's Timesquare area. There are loads and loads of restaurants on 9th ave, so you'll never be short on that. The subway is up the block on 8th ave, very convenient.
All in all it was much better than I expected. I would choose it again and be just fine with it. I'm just not a big fan of midtown. Thanks for a really nice stay!
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square Hotel
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square
- Fairfield Inn New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 244 guest rooms include Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast Daily, Complimentary Starbucks Coffee available 24 hours and in room and Complimentary High Speed Internet. Centrally located just minutes from Times Square, Theatre District and transportation that will take you anywhere throughout New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Travelocity, Marriott, Otel, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.