“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge

You added Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 - 63 Chrystie Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #244 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Seattle
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights on my most recent visit to the city. I booked well in advance and was able to acquire a multi level suite. Check in and check out both went smoothly and the hotel clerk arranged a ride to Newark Int'l which was appreciated. Also appreciated was the ability to leave our suitcases there after we checked out as we had several hours to kill before it was time to head to the airport. I loved the view of the Manhattan bridge and Chinatown from the large upstairs window. The multi level room was awesome for my husband and I's needs; he is more of a morning person and I tend to stay up later. It was nice to have the a space to hang out in while the other slept, being that this is NYC and rooms tend to be tiny; it was also the only spot in the room where my husband could stash his suitcase easily.

As the title of this review states, the location of the CIMB is, in my opinion, its best feature. Two blocks north of the hotel, at the corner of Grand and Crystie, is the closest subway station. Here you can catch the B&D trains, both of which easily get one into midtown, near many of the city's popular sites. Also, 5-6 blocks east on Canal gets you to the F train which gets you quickly to Brooklyn Bridge Park. The Chinatown/Little Italy neighborhood is an interesting, safe location with lots of different food options and many things to see as well.

One thing that would make this room even better would be if they found a way to squeeze in a microwave and refrigerator, but as stated before, there's not a lot of extra room.

The only reason I am not rating this hotel 5 stars is the noise due to renovations. During the 3 weekdays during our stay, it started up at approximately 9am. I understand that renovations need to be done on hotels at some point, but it didn't make it any less annoying. Fortunately, we weren't in our room much.

I will likely stay here again on my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in NYC and taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all our location has to offer and it was a good hub to see other areas of the city. The views from the loft rooms are amazing. My sincere apologies that the construction noise detracted from your stay. Fortunately the construction phase has been completed and the new rooms will be available in the new few weeks are we finish the last few details in the rooms. Please stay with us again the next time you are in NYC.

Gwen.Lytle@InterstateHotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Noida, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night during our visit to New York. The hotel is located in Lower Manhattan area. The room was well maintained and clean. We found the hotel staff friendly by nature. It's a good deal to stay in NY with awesome service. The customer service was good!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
It is so wonderful to hear that our hotel worked out so nicely for your short stay in NYC. Thank you for sharing your experience, so we can celebrate what we do well and also improve where we can. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Let's face it - most of us want a good deal and for New York this place is a steal...
Service: excellent, including the garage staff next door (make sure you have cash, $35 a day, unless you get the free parking package, which must be booked on the internet, and I was not able to find it).
Value: excellent, really, unless you require a five-star standard in a budget hotel. Breakfast is included - juices, cereal, eggs, make-your-own waffles, fruits... coffee/tea are available all day.
Sleep Quality: great, although the bed was unusually high, so if you have a tendency to roll, you've been warned...
Location: midtown is in my opinion better, but if you've been to NYC before and want to explore another part of the city, this safe Chinatown spot is great!! Subway is about 4 blocks away and if you like walking, many places are within reach, including Little Italy, SOHO, Ground Zero area, Brooklyn Bridge... wear comfortable shoes! If you don't, however, there are countless places in the area where you can get a foot massage :-)
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and the area -- will definitely return!

Room Tip: Room 904 was a corner room with two walls of windows and a view of the bridge. We also watched Tai C...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I really appreciated your comments in your review. This is a great area for returning travelers to see the neighborhoods of NYC and be close to all that downtown has to offer. There are certainly great options for foot massages in Chinatown, too. I will certainly share your positive comments about the hotel with my staff. We allot a certain number of parking package rooms online - it is truly a fantastic deal, if you are driving in to the city. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Stoke Poges, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I chose this hotel for our second visit to NYC only because it had pretty good ratings, breakfast, free wifi and was located in lower Manhattan. We arrived well before the check in time and we were given a room straightaway on the 8th floor. I wanted higher but they told me about the renovations on higher floors. I asked for a room with a some kind of city view and we got this clean, spacious room with a lovely view of the city on the right and the bridge on the left - absolutely brilliant. The room was big with nice bathroom and very relaxing shower. The only thing they could improve was the breakfast. It was so so but was free and it set you up for a day. The room was very warm considering temperatures outside -10 C. For the first two nights we actually had AC on :) but it was nice coming back tired and frozen to this warm, cosy room. One more thing - the bed is really high and I found it funny but very comfortable. Overall, for 2 star hotel not bad :)

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade to a room on higher floors with a city view. Staff is very polite and kinda c...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind review. I will certainly share it with my staff. We will brainstorm ways to improve our breakfast while still meeting the Comfort Inn brand standards. We are very excited about the 17 rooms that are being added to the top two floors of the hotel. The views from those rooms at stunning! The carpet is being installed currently and then we will be installing the furniture, TVs, etc and should have them ready to rent in the next month. You will enjoy it the next time you stay with us.

All the best,

Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got to the hotel super early in the morning and the reception Shawn greeted us and helped us check in and sign us up for the choice hotel membership. Shawn was very friendly. Our room is a queen size bed unit. It is very clean and cozy. The bathroom looks brand new. So far I am loving it. We will stay here again for sure!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge. I will certainly share your review with Shawn and the rest of my team. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Marsascala Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed at the hotel Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge during 22nd and 29th January 2014.

Overall the stay was reasonably ok, but we were very disappointed with the extension of extra floors being built at the hotel during our stay, the "consistant drilling and banging" starting from 8.00am and most evenings carried on later than 6.00pm. Our room was on the 8th floor level which was very close (floor 11 & 12) to the noise and made it unbearable.

When we returned every day to the hotel around 3.30pm for a rest after an exhausting sightseeing day, we encountered this noise and had to leave the hotel to get some peace.
This was very inconvenient since it was very cold outside at that time of the year, as you can appreciate and we were cold and tired.

This was never mentioned before booking our reservation or when checking in otherwise we would have have stayed at another hotel.
We never got any apologies from any member of staff. I think for this inconvenience that we experienced we should be compensated.

Before booking, check that the building works has been completed.
The room was clean, good bed/pillows and breakfast was reasonably good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the feedback on the construction noise. The noisiest part of the project has been completed as some walls were removed and then rebuilt. I will certainly share your comments with the contractor and remind them that work can only be done between 9am - 5pm. I will also follow up with my team on guest service, especially during this time of construction. Please contact me at the phone number or email below so I can properly take care of you concern. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Gwen.Lytle@InterstateHotels.com

Been to Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge? Share your experiences!