“Great deal in NYC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 - 63 Chrystie Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #214 of 451 hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Great deal in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Let's face it - most of us want a good deal and for New York this place is a steal...
Service: excellent, including the garage staff next door (make sure you have cash, $35 a day, unless you get the free parking package, which must be booked on the internet, and I was not able to find it).
Value: excellent, really, unless you require a five-star standard in a budget hotel. Breakfast is included - juices, cereal, eggs, make-your-own waffles, fruits... coffee/tea are available all day.
Sleep Quality: great, although the bed was unusually high, so if you have a tendency to roll, you've been warned...
Location: midtown is in my opinion better, but if you've been to NYC before and want to explore another part of the city, this safe Chinatown spot is great!! Subway is about 4 blocks away and if you like walking, many places are within reach, including Little Italy, SOHO, Ground Zero area, Brooklyn Bridge... wear comfortable shoes! If you don't, however, there are countless places in the area where you can get a foot massage :-)
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and the area -- will definitely return!

Room Tip: Room 904 was a corner room with two walls of windows and a view of the bridge. We also watched Tai C...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I really appreciated your comments in your review. This is a great area for returning travelers to see the neighborhoods of NYC and be close to all that downtown has to offer. There are certainly great options for foot massages in Chinatown, too. I will certainly share your positive comments about the hotel with my staff. We allot a certain number of parking package rooms online - it is truly a fantastic deal, if you are driving in to the city. We look forward to your next stay with us.

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Stoke Poges, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I chose this hotel for our second visit to NYC only because it had pretty good ratings, breakfast, free wifi and was located in lower Manhattan. We arrived well before the check in time and we were given a room straightaway on the 8th floor. I wanted higher but they told me about the renovations on higher floors. I asked for a room with a some kind of city view and we got this clean, spacious room with a lovely view of the city on the right and the bridge on the left - absolutely brilliant. The room was big with nice bathroom and very relaxing shower. The only thing they could improve was the breakfast. It was so so but was free and it set you up for a day. The room was very warm considering temperatures outside -10 C. For the first two nights we actually had AC on :) but it was nice coming back tired and frozen to this warm, cosy room. One more thing - the bed is really high and I found it funny but very comfortable. Overall, for 2 star hotel not bad :)

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade to a room on higher floors with a city view. Staff is very polite and kinda c...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind review. I will certainly share it with my staff. We will brainstorm ways to improve our breakfast while still meeting the Comfort Inn brand standards. We are very excited about the 17 rooms that are being added to the top two floors of the hotel. The views from those rooms at stunning! The carpet is being installed currently and then we will be installing the furniture, TVs, etc and should have them ready to rent in the next month. You will enjoy it the next time you stay with us.

All the best,

Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got to the hotel super early in the morning and the reception Shawn greeted us and helped us check in and sign us up for the choice hotel membership. Shawn was very friendly. Our room is a queen size bed unit. It is very clean and cozy. The bathroom looks brand new. So far I am loving it. We will stay here again for sure!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge. I will certainly share your review with Shawn and the rest of my team. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Marsascala Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed at the hotel Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge during 22nd and 29th January 2014.

Overall the stay was reasonably ok, but we were very disappointed with the extension of extra floors being built at the hotel during our stay, the "consistant drilling and banging" starting from 8.00am and most evenings carried on later than 6.00pm. Our room was on the 8th floor level which was very close (floor 11 & 12) to the noise and made it unbearable.

When we returned every day to the hotel around 3.30pm for a rest after an exhausting sightseeing day, we encountered this noise and had to leave the hotel to get some peace.
This was very inconvenient since it was very cold outside at that time of the year, as you can appreciate and we were cold and tired.

This was never mentioned before booking our reservation or when checking in otherwise we would have have stayed at another hotel.
We never got any apologies from any member of staff. I think for this inconvenience that we experienced we should be compensated.

Before booking, check that the building works has been completed.
The room was clean, good bed/pillows and breakfast was reasonably good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the feedback on the construction noise. The noisiest part of the project has been completed as some walls were removed and then rebuilt. I will certainly share your comments with the contractor and remind them that work can only be done between 9am - 5pm. I will also follow up with my team on guest service, especially during this time of construction. Please contact me at the phone number or email below so I can properly take care of you concern. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am beyond amazed that this hotel has this kind of rating.
We arrived at 12pm well before the check in time of 3 PM, which is what I was aware of. We walk to the front desk and the very first thing the guest service agent says is "can't check in until 3"...no "Hi how are you" or "welcome"..just shows how much satisfaction the staff gets out of saying no to a guest.
Check into the room, and while the room is nice, and clean, we can't help ignore the very loud drilling and banging above us. I call the front desk to inquire and they say "oh I'm sorry they will be done at 5pm"...ok...why wasn't I told about this at check in?? In fact I thought it was NY state law to at least inform guests when they arrive that renovations could directly affect a guest in house. Which of course I will follow up on.
Next morning around 8am that's exactly what happened. Very loud drilling and banging woke us out of a dead sleep. I called the front desk and again was told that "there was nothing they could do, and suggested that I go do something while the work is being done" Excuse me?! Who is it anyone beside me to say that I may want to stay in my room for the day? Not them that's for sure.
Later in the evening I approach the night auditor for menus for a place that delivers late (this was at 130am) she said "nobody delivers" and gave me a phone number to walk to a pizza joint 4 miles away. Ok..I'm not from NY and even I know I had more options than that..low and behold I had steak subs delivered to me to my room via a 10 second google search, which the night auditor could have stood up and do for me if making the guest a priority which it clearly isn't.

Lastly, I go to the soda machine and it eats my money and there is not another machine in the hotel. Night auditor refused to give me my money back because there was a sign posted on the side..again...the side of the machine. Aparantely this hotel really needed to steal my $2.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. The staff are self centered and oblivious and do not keep guest service in mind as saying "there's nothing I can do" is a big no no to me but obviously not them
Multiple renovations will inhibit every second of your stay as you can not sleep past 8am with no warning from the desk at check in.

This is by far the worst Choice Hotel
I have ever stayed in. Stay away.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I feel terrible for the experience you had at my hotel. What you experienced is truly unacceptable. I appreciate your observations, so we can improve. I will be speaking to my staff immediately. The hotel is expanding and adding 17 additional rooms to the top two floors of the building. There are about a week and a half of demolition that was noisey, especially on the higher floors. The construction is being done from 10am - 5pm to limit the distraction to our guests. The work is much quieter now and not being done in guest areas. I sincerely apologize for all that you encountered at my hotel. Please contact me at 212-925-1212 or Gwen.Lytle@InterstateHotels.com so we can resolve this with you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel and loved it. We booked two rooms and arrived early on the morning of December 30th, after an overnight flight. Even though check in time wasn't officially until 4PM they got us one room immediately so we could go and have a lie down and freshen up before heading out to explore the Chinatown area.

The rooms were a good size and very comfortable. Very nice breakfast included, which is served in the lobby are.

Would absolutely recommend this hotel. Staff are great, location is tremendous, and the rooms were very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are so excited to hear you had such a great stay at the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge. You were here for a very exciting time in NYC. Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Port Antonio, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Arriving in the area and looking at the exterior of the building, I was reluctant to stay and really was not sure what to expect. The staff were very friendly and helpful at check-in and that first impression made a big difference.

The room was clean, adequately spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was clean as well. I mostly stayed in my room but did venture out a few times, as I was there on business.

The complimentary breakfast and WiFi were a huge plus.

Throughout my entire stay the staff proved to be very efficient and helpful and the manager on duty was very accommodating.

I would definitely return to this hotel. Thank you team!

Room Tip: Choose a room with natural lighting in the bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel. I am glad it met your needs for business travel. We appreciate your feedback. Curb appeal is certainly challenging in the very Urban setting we are in. We appreciate you giving us a try. We hope to see you again the next time you are in NYC.

Gwen.Lytle@InterstateHotels.com

Been to Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge? Share your experiences!