“Fab hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge

You added Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 - 63 Chrystie Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #260 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fab hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

If like me you have been looking around for a hotel in NY for ages and cannot find anything at a reasonable price then go for this one. It is still expensive compared to British prices but is much better than a 2 star hotel. I chose it as it had had no bad reviews whatsoever and it didn't let me down. Don't let the outside put you off. It is a lot nicer in reality. The room was very pleasant and cleaned well everyday. It had all the things you need which other places didn't see to have - flat screen TV, free local calls, powerful hair dryer, ironing board, safe, quiet air conditioning/heater, powerful shower and ice bucket. A fridge would have been good. The hotel was fresh and newish looking. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. We only had one problem - our key didn't work. It turned out that the good electronic key card lock needed new batteries. This was solved very quickly and pleasantly and is just one of those things that has to happen to a guest at sometime. Cannot complain. The room is not all that small compared to NY standards and our view was also good in comparison to NY standards where most rooms look out onto another building. We had a lovely view of Manhattan Bridge which was nice to see from our bed in changing light conditions. Breakfast was adequate. A bonus which saved us a lot of time and money as most hotels do not include a breakfast. There was a member of staff there at all times to ask for something if it needed replenished. Great waffle making machine and good cups for taking your coffee out or back to your room. No charge for storing your baggage on your last day. We spoke to our shuttle drop off man and he said that Chinatown, where this hotel is located, is one of the safest places to be. We had been a bit worried about the area but we felt safe at all times. There was a great Wholefoods supermarket just up the road and a good value liquor store next door. Little Italy was also close by for a good hearty meal as were some clubs and nice bars - these took a bit more finding though on the internet as they tend to be hidden. Some don't even have signs. The best thing of all was plentiful Chinese masseuses to choose from just round the corner. Got our holiday off to a great start after a long plane ride. Great value for money. There are two subway stations nearby which gave us easy access to all areas with a 7 day pass. We had the best holiday ever. Thanks Comfort Inn. We will definitely recommend and hopefully will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Manhattan Bridge and as high up as possible.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear Louise V,
Thank you some much for choosing the Comfort Inn MB during your recent stay in NYC. We are all so very pleased that your stay was everything you expected. Our staff strive to excel to make every guest experience a memorable stay and experience. Your comments and review are very much appreciated. Chinatown and the surrounding area is a hidden GEM with so much to do and explore. Restaurants, bars in an up and coming trendy neighborhood (Lower Eastside). Please use "LTRIPP" on your return trip back to NYC.
Comfort Inn MB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I am so glad we found this hotel. Our average daily rate was about $175 which is very hard to find in the city. All other hotels that we looked at online in this price range had mixed reviews and we were very nervous about staying at them. When we found this hotel on Trip Advisor we saw that almost 100% of the reviews were overwhelmingly positive and decided to book. We now see why the feedback is so favorable.

This place is no joke. Our room was spotless, quiet, comfortable, and even had a view of the Manhattan Bridge. We were located right across the hall from the elevator but were never once disturbed by noise. The hotel offers FREE in-room WiFi which is invaluable. Try finding that in your average hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great as your are just a block or two from the nearest subway and you can walk to Little Italy in just minutes. The surrounding Chinatown neighborhood has a million restaurants and is bustling with activity. There is nothing sketchy about the neighborhood at all.

The large bathroom had a spacious tub/shower combination and appeared to have been newly remodeled. When you picture the bathroom of a budget friendly NYC hotel you picture something like a broom closet and expect cracked sinks and leaky faucets. This bathroom has immaculate and could have been something out of a four star hotel.

We took advantage of the free continental breakfast each day -- another big amenity given how expensive it can be to dine out in the city.

If we find ourselves back in NYC in the future we would stay here in a heartbeat. Thank you to the whole staff for making our trip economical and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the two-level room and ask for one with a view of the Manhattan Bridge.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Daytripping77,
Thank you so very much for our wonderful positive comments and review. We pride ourselves in the level of service that we know that guest expect when staying away from home especially the value. We hope that on your next return trip to NYC and the Comfort Inn MB will be everything and more as your first experience. In appreciation of your positive review please use "LTRIPP" code when booking directly with the hotel. Again Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn MB.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I traveled to NYC for my 30th birthday. When I initially started looking for places to stay I had a difficult time finding anything that was within our price range. Boutique hotels had boutique prices. The corporate hotels were charging boutique prices as well. Then I decided to check out the Comfort Inns in NYC since we've had positive experiences with them before. While still pricey (but hey, it's NYC) I came across this Comfort Inn at Manhattan Bridge. Of course I turned to Trip Advisor to get the scoop and was impressed with what I saw. So I booked the hotel and I'm so glad I did.
The this Comfort Inn is located right in China Town. While on the smaller side it was huge on value, location, cleanliness, and service. We got into the city earlier than our check in time but the gentleman at the front desk was more than happy to hold our bags till check in. We were greeted with a warm smile and much welcome. In fact every employee we dealt with was beyond friendly.
When we did get into our room we were highly impressed with how clean and well kept it was. I mentioned before it was on the smaller side but it was still bigger than our bedroom at home, so we actually felt quite comfortable and cozy there. The bathroom was pristine and I have to mention that the shower was great. The water was the perfect pressure and the hot water adjusted well. (I often find hotel showers to have either weak pressure or way too hard of a pressure. And sometimes the hot water can be spotty in temperature adjusts. - I know, a minute detail but I think worth mentioning)
I will admit I was nervous when we got to our room because it was smack dab in front of the elevator. After the first night my worries were laid to rest. We never once heard the comings and goings of other patrons. In fact we were wowed at how quiet the hotel was. We didn't even hear the common hustle and bustle of the NYC streets.
While complimentary breakfast was offered we didn't take advantage of it because vacation means sleeping in for us and sleeping in means just beginning to stir at 10 (which is when the breakfast ended)
The location was great. We were only a short walk to the subway and a lot of times we just walked instead of taking the subway because the weather was great and there was so much to see around us. The neighborhood was safe even late at night when we were coming home from the bar. Never once felt threatened or weary.
We loved this place and were happy to have stayed there. We definitely got our money's worth and look forward to staying there again in the future. While it wasn't anything super fancy or posh it was clean, well kept (the furniture looked brand new), friendly, and perfectly located for us. Oh and it had free wifi that worked like a charm! (Always a plus!) This was just the right place for us. Keep up the great job guys!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Dear Breederqueen,
Happy Belated Birthday! We are extremely happy that your stay lived up to your expectations. We liked to thank you for the wonderful positive comments of your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service and cleanliness and continue to strive to be consistent for every guest. On your return trip to NYC, we would like to offer you to use "LTRIPP" when booking your next directly with us.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel and was surprised at how clean and modern the room was. I had a horrible experience with a previous Comfort Inn thus I did not have any high hopes for this place. However, after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to give it a try. The room is small but cozy. The bathroom is clean. The bed isn't as comfy as other hotels I have been but nevertheless the sheets were clean. I didn't get the best sleep possible since the bed became unbearably rough. The location is very conveniently located in Chinatown and is right off of Manhattan Bridge. It is about a 10 minute walk to SoHo and is also near a metro. If you drive into the city, there is a parking garage connected right next to the hotel ($30.00 parking for one day). All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 306 is right across from the elevator so it was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Moonlightkiz,
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge during your visit to NYC. I like to extend my apologizes to you on behalf of the brand for your not so stellar stay with the other Comfort Inn's. I am extremely pleased that we were able to meet or exceed your expectations, we pride ourselves to providing the best and most rewarding experience. Your positive comments alone show that we are moving in the right direction. As in regards to the bedding we will look into the level of comfort and make additions to raise the level. On your next return trip to NYC, I like to personally take care of your reservation needs as well as offer you a discount code "LTRIPP" for any future stays.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Rooms may be on the smaller side; but, the rooms offer everything you could want, The rooms are stylish and super clean. This hotel has exceeded my expectations.

You better hurry because once the masses discover this hidden little gem, the rates will most certainly skyrocket.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Dear Repleo52,
The Comfort Inn MB would like to thank you again for having chosen to stay with us during your recent trip to NYC. Our team is so very excited that your stay was everything you hoped for and more. We understand that service and cleanliness is a key driver in making that decision for hotel accomodations. We pride ourselves in continuing to provide a 5 star level of service. In appreciation we like you to use "LTRIPP" in your next booking with us.
Thank you again.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was looking for a hotel in the Midtown area but there was nothing available for less than $500 a night. It was either the CIMB or a half hour train ride out to NJ. I don't know NY very well so I was a bit apprehensive venturing to Chinatown. There was no need for concern and the hotel was well above my expectations. I took the D subway to Grand St and the hotel was only a short walk away. The receptionist was very helpful and pleasant. My room was a corner room on the 10th floor with good views. The room was quite unusual with a stairs up to an study/office loft. All very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The room had the regular through-th-wall AC unit with another split system AC unit on the loft. The loft unit was virtually silent but was able to cool the whole space on its own.
The complimentary breakfast was better than other Comfort Inns that I have stayed at with hot eggs and sausage patties and a waffle maker.
The hotel is in a busy section of Chinatown with plenty of Asian restaurants all around. It is also a short walk to Mulberry St in the 'Little Italy' section which is a continouous strip of Italian restaurants stretching for 5 or 6 blocks.
Although I would still prefer to have found a place nearer my destination in Midtown, I would have no hesitation in staying here again and probably will.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Dear repleo52,
We are so excited that your stay at the Comfort Inn MB met everyone of your expectations. Our team continues to evolve to take our product and service to the next level. We also like to thank you for your kind comments and review of hotel. For this we hope that you use "LTRIPP" for any future stays.
Stratford, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn twice within a two week period in July of this year either side of a 5 day stint in Canada. We were looking for budget accommodation in New York with a self contained bathroom....all other hotels in the same price bracket were half the size and had shared facilities which we weren't keen on. I selected the hotel based on the reviews I'd read on tripadvisor.com, and although my wife was aghast at what she saw when we arrived at 1.30am after a late incoming flight, the place was everything I'd hoped for. Our first two nights were spent in a corner room overlooking Manhattan Bridge which was a magnificent view. On the second stay our room overlooked some neighbouring roofs which weren't very attractive, but everything else about the place was so good it didn't matter. The air conditioning worked (although the maids turned it off whilst we were out for the day as our stay was in during the horrendous heatwave), so by the time we got back the room was hot again and took a little while to cool down. The bathrooms were well equipped and nicely decorated. The beds were a little unusual being quite high off the floor, but comfortable nonetheless. Internet access was free, the single lift spacious and quick (and had been certified a couple of months before we arrived) and the free breakfast was convenient and enjoyable, especially the waffles which we don't have in New Zealand. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. The place does stand out from the untidy buildings around it that are typical of China Town, but it was a great base to experience New York with easy access by either walking or the subway. China Town was a wonderful experience, especially getting to see the families spending time together in the adjacent park, Grandparents, parents and grandchildren all spending time together, teenagers playing basketball or handball. Not something we're used to seeing back home. No gangs, no patches, no wayward youths, no boy racers, but the occasional homeless person going through the bins looking for food. The streets were a little smelly in the extreme heat, especially when the rubbish bags were out on the footpaths, but we quickly got used to it. Never once did we feel threatened or unsafe in any respect.....all my concerns about protecting ourselves from pick pockets were completely unfounded. I would'nt hesitate in the slightest to go back to China Town and the Comfort Inn would be my accommodation of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room overlooking the bridge, although they may be a little more expensive.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Gavin D,
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge during your recent visit to NYC. We are so excited that your stay was everything you expected. We believe location is not everything it is the level of service that a team makes special for the individual guests or family away from home.
Chinatown is a special place and a symbol of what New York City is multi cultural and exotic. Your review affirms our belief that we are heading in the right direction and hope to continue to improve upon or product and service.In appreciation we hope that you use our "LTRIPP" code for future stays. Thank you again
Comfort Inn MB

Been to Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge? Share your experiences!