“Affordable, decent hotel in lower Manhattan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge

You added Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 - 63 Chrystie Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #313 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
“Affordable, decent hotel in lower Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Hotel and room were clean, staff efficient and courteous. The building has 10 or so floors, with only 2 or 3 rooms per floor. We were on the 8th floor in a corner room with 2 Queen beds and an office nook with desk. Plenty of space for one couple, maybe two. We had nice views of Manhattan Bridge and lower Manhattan from our windows. The only drawback is that the room was very warm and we had to run the A/C even at night, which was kind of noisy and blew cold air right on the bed. Bed mattress very firm, which I like. Pillows were very thick, which I don't like: it elevates my head and bends my neck too much. Bathroom was very clean and looked recently remodeled. Complimentary breakfast was so-so. No fruit or eggs, but the basic bread, cream cheese, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, waffle maker, coffee, juices.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have good view, but are hot in the summer.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Frugal_traveller,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, we are considering solutions to make our guest rooms more comfortable giving it a feeling of home. Your comments help assist the staff and myself to correct and make sure that future guest benefit from your comments.
We are please to announce that we have upgraded our breakfast selection to include Eggs and Sausage patties daily and well as an assortment of other ever changing items. We hope that we consider staying with us again and please use "LTRIPP" when booking your next stay with us directly.

Comfort Inn MB

bonn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I remember I spent two nights at this hotel a very very moderate rate for NYC. The room was decent and big enough. Bathroom very clean. Bed was comfortable. Location was at the center of China Town - so it really depends on whether you like it or not. For me I had huge fun to live near the China town because I was grown up in China as well. This hotel also offered a free breakfast - very limited quality and quantity, aber if it is free, I would say it was not bad :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Yes the hotel is between Chinatown & Little Italy. But once you walk through the door, you will be impressed. The staff is so helpful, especially Bryan. They recommended places to eat and directed us to many of the major attractions.

We stayed in a room with a loft and we loved it. The bathroom is very modern and updated. We had a view of the Manhattan Bridge from our window.

You can't beat this place for the price. Little over block to the subway station (Chrystie & Grand St). We walked to Battery Park (Statue of Liberty) and passed Ground Zero on the way. Centrally located to many attractions...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

If you have a reserve, It doesn't mean you wil sleep here.
We had a reservations for 2 rooms
We have had a number of reservations, the charged the money on my VISA. But we arrived late (after 2 a.m. in the late night) after flight from LA. So what we received finally? Only 1 room for 4 persons and next night it was 2 rooms. But not nice for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lesa2011
LawrencehNewYorkCity, Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Dear Lesa2011,

I like to apologize to you and your companions for any confusion with your reservation. I like the opportunity to look into the matter. If you can please send me your reservation information to gm.ny355@choicehotels.com.
Elkin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Excellent location next to Chinatown and Little Italy. Spacious room with great view of the Manhatten Bridge from the loft, especially after dark. Excellent housekeeping. Continental breakfast with Belgian waffles. One short block and a half from subway. This is our hotel of choice for New York.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mlscomm
gmny355, Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Miscomm,

I like to Thank You for having chosen the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge. I see that you are a repeat guest and your loyalty is much appreciated. I hope that you stay this time is everything that you experienced the first. I hope that you would become a FAN of our Facebook page to receive special promotional discounts.

Thank You again and we hope to see you again
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, it is an ideal location away from the hustle & bustle of uptown NY, it is only one block away from the subway at Grand St which takes you to the main area's eg rockefeller centre, 5th avenue etc.

Breakfast is included in the hotel which consists of cereal, fruit, toast, english muffins, bagels, muffins, danish pastries, waffles {which you make yourself}, definitely enough to keep you going all day. No complaints about breakfast, can get a bit crowded but we always managed to find a seat & always managed to get something to eat, the staff are always replenishing the bagels, muffins pastries etc.

Room was very clean & tidy, beds a bit high but very comfy.

As we were going for my sister's 40th I emailed the hotel to request a room with a view of the manhattan bridge, & that is what we got, we were on the 9th floor so the view was brill

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Mrsmob
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I reserved a room with a credit card. When I arrived I was told there were no rooms available and that I was out of luck, although my credit card was charged for the room! No attempt at all was made to find me a room at another hotel! After two hours of haggling I finally got the "manager on duty" to find me a room at another hotel, which he had to put on his personal credit card because his boss, Lawrence, wouldn't authorize him to put me in another hotel where they could direct bill Comfort Inn! Total fiasco, total waste of time, total morons.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank misanthropist
I like to take the time and apologize for the lack of service you experienced. We failed to provide you the level of service that you deserved and hope that you can give us an opportunity again. Please contact me at gm.ny355@choicehotels.com if you reconsider.

Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge