“Tribeca triumph!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“Tribeca triumph!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I enjoyed the Smyth Hotel so much last month we went back again this week. Terrific hotel – first rate staff, amenities, views, ambiance and location. Sandy, one of the bellmen, was particularly helpful and nice. I've stayed in about 100 hotels in NYC and highly recommend the Smyth.

Room Tip: Northwest corner is just great!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Pedro D, General Manager at Smyth - a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Pinotpress,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Smyth and your experience with Sandy as he is truly a great guy for the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly at gmpedrodias@thompsonhotels.com to assist with your next booking.

Best,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

All was great in this smart downtown hideaway hotel, felt very good with the location etc...
Rooms wee spacious and well equipped for the price it was a great value. Amenities were first class. The bar and restaurant were a real SURPRISE find, making my stay at the hotel perfect.

Green Features: definitely concerned with conserving on all levels of services and amenities for consumers
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pedro D, General Manager at Smyth - a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Sheree J,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back and please reach out to me directly at gmpedrodias@thompsonhotels.com so that I may assist in your next stay.

Best,
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time doing a trip adviser review. Stayed for a week covering New Year with my wife and 15 year old son. Arrived to a warm welcome but to a very disappointing and underwhelming room. Asked for an upgrade which was an uncomfortable experience. Was shown and also agreed a discounted rate for a suite which was then withdrawn by the general Manager because there was a problem with the room. Given another suite which was fine but my son had to sleep on the couch all week. This is in a room costing all be it discounted 800 dollars per night. Also had to ask for extra pillows and a duvet. Have to say during our weeks stay didn't see any service and at times felt very uncomfortable. To top it all when presented with our bill the agreed discount hadn't been applied to the room (we were charged 900 dollars per night) and we had to argue the case with reception who after thought decided to reduce taxes and room service bills to match the agreed discounted rate.
Not great!!
Trebecca is a great location have to say but to the Smyth Hotel sorry never again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Pedro D, General Manager at Smyth - a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear John O,

I am very sorry to hear of the experience you had with us during the New Years Eve holiday as our staff is always striving to create a memorable guest experience. I understand that they were trying their best to accommodate you with one of our premium suites at a special rate as the King Suite was not to your liking. These rooms do not feature a sleeping sofa and we do not have roll away beds in our hotel so sleeping on the couch is our only option.

I am sorry that this was not comfortable to your son as we try our best to accommodate all our guest request.

I will certainly speak with my staff about the service you received as this is not indicative of how we want any guest to experience our hotel.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss further and I can be reached at gmpedrodias@thompsonhotels.com

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed two nights at the Smyth Hotel while being in New York for a Music conference. We were impressed by the amenities and the hotel and room vibe. Great bed, linens, internet, view, showers ... The staff we interacted with (concierge, room service, lobby) was not only professional and precise but, more importantly, very friendly and efficient. We will not hesitate to come back and to refer this TriBeCa gem to our friends.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear otrolado,

Thank you for your wonderful comments, we are so happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel and our wonderful staff!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here while he was on a business trip in August 2014. Though the lobby was being renovated, it did not impact our stay at all. Our room (though small like all other NYC rooms) had a gorgeous balcony with views of the Empire State Building and Freedom Tower. My husband had easy walking access to the PATH to New Jersey where his training was held, and I had fantastic and immediate access to 3 major subway lines. I got everywhere I wanted to go in a matter of minutes thanks to this hotel's location. The staff were great, always offering fantastic restaurant recommendations. The room was quiet... it felt as though we were the only folks in the hotel. I would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: In warm months, ask for a room with a balcony... you won't regret it!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Pedro D, General Manager at Smyth - a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear BrewcityJRod,

Wow!! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and we can not wait to see you now that our renovations are completed!!

Please feel free to contact me directly at gmpedrodias@thompsonhotels.com so that we can assist with your next booking.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Yes, the hotel is lovely, the newly renovated lobby is gorgeous and the rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely designed. What really sets the Smyth apart, however, is its amazing service. I've stayed in many hotels, but I have never had such wonderful, personalized service. It seemed like the staff really wanted to be there, were happy to help and excited to share information about New York. It made a family Christmas in the Big Apple a totally wonderful experience. I highly recommend it, particularly if you're looking for a great neighbourhood that's a bit more relaxed than the craziness of Time Square etc.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Pedro D, General Manager at Smyth - a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Stephanie M,

Thank you for your wonderful comments we are thrilled to know that while you enjoyed our new lobby space it was our wonderful staff that set us apart!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and please feel free to reach me at gmpedrodias@thompsonhotels.com so that I can assist in booking your next stay.

Kind regards,
LAX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A great hotel. Absolutely perfect location, in Tribeca, close to everything Lower Manhattan and much less noise than 5th Ave. The hotel just finished renovation of the lobby, but rooms supposed to start this month. It will be an improvement with new carpets etc. But everything is clean! But the best 2 parts of this hotel are:
1. Crew. Great, smiling people, ready to help. Enthuse and all. No snobbish attitude here, really a genuine smile all the time.
2. View. Book a Studio King junior suite, we had a 270 degree view from the Freedom Tower to the Empire State building. High windows. Just a great combination of good friendly NYC neighborhood and amazing grand views.

Thank you guys for a great stay!
A little tip - contact the hotel directly, they might be able to offer you a better rate ;)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear snowboarder2,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff and your experience with us! We are very excited begin the rooms this month and look forward to welcoming you back!

As mentioned our Studio King is a great room with wonderful views!

I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards,
Pedro Dias

Been to Smyth - a Thompson Hotel? Share your experiences!