“Classic Car Fun” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Private Tour: New York City by Jeep SUV
Ranked #24 of 809 Activities in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing unique and fun ways to experience the individual character of Manhattan's popular downtown neighborhoods and Brooklyn. Different and distinctive from large, impersonal group tours, New York Fun Tours will take you on chauffeured journeys through the most historic and thriving neighborhoods. Each tour can be tailored to your interests, and it is our main goal that at the end of your trip, you leave with a sense of the city, and a greater knowledge of the city and its culture.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Classic Car Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I took the tour on a stunningly beautiful September evening in a Chevy convertible with Isaac as our guide. He was fun and knowledgable and managed to get us about with the minimum of traffic hassle despite us starting in rush hour. The tour was informative with plenty of photo opportunities, and it was a real kick having so many New Yorkers shouting "great ride!" as we drove past. We did this on the first ay of our trip, and it was a perfect orientation for newcomers to the city to get a feel for the place. Isaac is funny and personable and we had a wonderful time.

New York City, New York
“Well curated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I live in New York and went on the Brooklyn food tour with an out of town guest. The tour guide was knowledgeable and took us to great places. I especially appreciated that we went to neighborhoods and restaurants that I had never been to or heard of. The gem of our tour was a hole-in-the-wall Latin place near Sunset Park that served the best Cuban sandwich I've ever had!

Bryan, Texas
“A Taste of Brooklyn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

When you visit NYC, especially if it is your first time there, you'll want to do something that memories are made of. Let me save you some time. Take the New York City Fun Tour of Brooklyn. My wife and I visited NYC in August 2013, and she booked our adventure to Brooklyn. Wow! We were told we'd sample lots of food at different places in order to experience the cultures there. We weren't disappointed. Everyone wants to see the Empire State Building when they visit NYC, but from there, they often don't know what else there is to see. Don't miss this half day excursion. Our tour guide was Laurie Rud, a native of Minnesota and a graduate of the University of Minnesota. I'd venture to say that she knows more about NYC and Brooklyn in particular than 99.99% of the residents there. We spent five days in the Big Apple, and this tour is one of the most memorable events we had. These people know their stuff, they're prompt, courteous, and Laurie throws in a bit of improv on the bus. You cannot possibly leave that tour unhappy. And, in case you want to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge at the end of the tour, they will gladly stop and let you off. We did, and the views from the bridge were spectacular. Do it! More than pleased Texans.

Visited August 2013
Halifax, England
7 attraction reviews
“A Fun Tour in a Fun Car”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I bought this tour for my friend as a birthday present as part of our 50th Birthday trip to New York. Some miscommunication to start with meant that the pick-up from our hotel was slightly late, but our tour guide Isaac made up for this at the end of our tour. The car (Vintage Open-topped Chevy) was lovely, and drew lots of admiring attention from even the locals - unfortunately we had to put the roof up later on because it started raining but that was just our bad luck! Isaac obviously knew his way around and managed to avoid sitting in traffic jams; I would say that the level of his commentary was more geared towards the first time visitor to the City and more experienced travellers might have found his knowledge to be superficial in this respect, however this did not detract from the experience and in a nice touch, he brought us cupcakes to help us celebrate the occasion. I would recommend this tour as a one-off special treat.

north of nyc
8 attraction reviews
“Great day in Brooklyn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a wonderful day. Growing up in Brooklyn, I thought I knew all there was to know, boy was I mistaken. Our tour guide Laurie was very knowledgeable. We ate our way through northern Brooklyn. By the time we got to our last stop in Sunset Park, I could not eat another morsel. The day was a lot of fun. Would definitely recommend this tour.

Visited August 2013