“Brooklyn food & culture tour!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New York Fun Tours

New York Fun Tours
29 Cornelia Street, Suite # 28, New York City, NY 10014 (West Village)
+1 212-604-1225
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$34*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing unique and fun ways to experience the individual character of Manhattan's popular downtown neighborhoods and Brooklyn. Different and distinctive from large, impersonal group tours, New York Fun Tours will take you on chauffeured journeys through the most historic and thriving neighborhoods. Each tour can be tailored to your interests, and it is our main goal that at the end of your trip, you leave with a sense of the city, and a greater knowledge of the city and its culture.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
44 attraction reviews
“Brooklyn food & culture tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Highlight of our trip to NY! We did many other tours, including a food tour as well. This one was by far the best! The tour was very well put together, perfect timing between meals and very good tastings. Also, so many different facts and history, definitely a very educational tour. I loved the multicultural food and places we visited! The russian/polish area, the jewish area, the latin area, plus the greenwich village and the skyline of manhattan. Our guide, Isaac was very well articulated and knew so much, whilst still being funny and relaxed. Even my parents enjoyed this tour very much. Do it, it's worth every penny!

Visited December 2012

Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
101 attraction reviews
“Best of Brooklyn Food Tour Worthwhile!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We enjoyed the Best of Brooklyn Food Tour while visiting the City. Our tour guide, Isaac, was quite knowledgeable, having been raised in Brooklyn. Because our particular tour was small, he was able to make it more personal, rather than having a bus load. We made several quick stops at various mostly small establishments, the only exception being the famous Jacques Torres Chocolates, which didn't happen to be one of my favorites. Famous, it may be, I've had much better chocolate; that said, I would have much preferred The Chocolate Room, located on Court Street in Brooklyn, where we happened to spend four nights in a row on our own.

Among our stops, we sampled a quarter of a potato knish in a very out-of-the-way establishment which has been in business for years (I would have preferred an entire knish all to myself), a jewish deli where Orthodox Jews frequent for lunch, a great sample of a cuban sandwich in yet another out-of-the-way place, and a thin-crusted pizza which happened not to be in Brooklyn, but the tour company felt it was good pizza. I would have preferred a Brooklyn-based pizza place, since this was a Brooklyn food tour.

Isaac did a great job towing us all around Brooklyn, and in his exuberance, pointing out historical facts along the way. We did feel a bit rushed, however; but overall, were glad we took this tour.

Visited December 2012
New York, NY
“Great tour, even for locals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I live in Brooklyn, and had a wonderful time on the food tour, and learned a slew of new information and tips about our borough. We have since gone back to the park visited on the tour and some additional stops recommended by Isaac. Very fun excursion, delicious food, and good company. Highly recommend.

Visited October 2012
Fresno, California
“Scrumptious Sightseeing with a side of culture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

What a delightful and delicious way to end my trip to New York. I booked this Brooklyn Food tour at the last minute (same day) when a previously arranged tour fell through, so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I got was a pleasant surprise, more like a distant relative showing me around his hometown than a formal tour. Isaac, the tour guide and driver, was knowledgable and personable as he shared the sights, cultures, and flavors of Brooklyn. Each stop included a mini history lesson as well as a savory snack or entree that included knishes, rugelach, Polish sausages, pierogies, Dumbo chocolates, and a Cuban sandwich. The van was comfortable and the small group was a huge plus, making interaction with the other two couples informal and easy. I would totally reccommend this tour to anyone who wants to get a more multisensory and tasty perspective of the most populous of New York's five buroughs.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
55 attraction reviews
“Best of Brooklyn Food Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visited New York City recently and this one of the most exciting things we did. If you go on one tour when you visit New York City, this should be the one. The tour guide is very good and you will get to experience lots of ethnic foods. You will also get to see lots of interesting sites in Brooklyn.

Visited September 2012