“We Loved Brazil Brazil!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 8th and 9th Avenue
Description: Brazil Brazil is Reaturant Row's newest addition. The restaurant is full of color and great music, and is steps away from the Broadway shows and Times Square. We offer a tasty variety of exotic steaks and seafood in a cozy, inviting atmosphere. Our caring staff and talented chefs are dedicated to making your dining adventure fun, relaxing, and pleasurable. Whether your group is large or small, Brazil Brazil is the perfect place for you. We take great pride in our food and carefuly create our meals from only the finest, freshest ingredients, with mouthwatering aromas and bursting with fresh flavor. Whether you select from our lunch, dinner, brunch, prix-fixe, raw bar, or lounge menu, you will enjoy great steaks with unsurpassed quality.
Bristow, VA
“We Loved Brazil Brazil!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I visited Brazil Brazil on May 3rd, 2013 around 7:30pm - to celebrate my 46th Birthday. We had reservations and were promptly seated. The ambiance is perfect - well balanced and inviting. Our dinners were delicious. I had their signature drink, a Caipirinha; and my wife enjoyed a Brazilian Cosmo. Both were mixed well and were quite tasty.

I found the folks working there to be pleasant and helpful. Our waitress made excellent suggestions - and we did not feel pressured to leave. It was a great evening. They even sang happy birthday to me ** embarrassed ** it was very thoughtful of them.

One last thing, their location is pretty central to all the main theaters; so, I would expect their 5:30p - 7:30pm crowd is pretty busy with folks rushing off to their shows. My recommendation is, if you're not heading off to a show, make your reservations after 7:00pm. Even at the 9:00pm hour - the place was still hopping. Brazil Brazil -- if you're monitoring this social media site for feedback from customers -- Thanks for making my 46th Birthday a memorable one whilst in NYC!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Wichita,KS
“Must stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing!! I got the seafood mix. Grilled artichokes were great! Spinach salas to doe for. Loved it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very nice. Simple.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had appetizers and cocktails before a show. Very nice people and tasty appetizers. Outside does not match interior. Very nice inside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
“Misleading Advertising”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the advice of a tour group. A look at the outdoor menu was reassuring, and the outside man stated very clearly that beer, wine, etc were all included in the special.
When seated, a waitress asked for the drinks order. I asked what the beer selection was and the only non-US beer she mentioned was Brazilian, so I ordered it. Having had some experience with mis-advertising in New York restaurants, I called her back to be certain that the beer was included in the special. She said "No, the special includes Portuguese beer only." I said she had not mentioned that before … she became snippy and left, returning with Portuguese beer.
When the waiter came with the menus, there was no special, as advertised outside. I asked about this and he provided the specials menu, but it had a couple of significant differences from the outside menu.
The food was OK, but nothing special. The service, a different waiter, was spotty.
At the end of the meal the waiter asked if we would take "cappuccino, coffee or espresso." I opted for the espresso, which arrived about 10 minutes later, well after my companions' coffee; it filled a small espresso cup to about ¼ and was cool.
When the bill came, I was charged $4.50 for less than a half cup of cold espresso. I brought this up with the waiter who informed me that only regular coffee is included. I asked why he hadn't mentioned that when taking the order. He shrugged.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cortland, Ohio
“Cheers for Brazil Brazil!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a Sunday night meal at Brazil Brazil with a group of seven. It was a first visit and we all had the $29.95 prix fixed menu which included salad, main entre, dessert, wine/sangria and coffee/tea. The meal was a pleasant surprise and very tasty. Had the beef stroganoff which was delicious. Other meals looked equally tasty, with the exception of the traditional dish, feijoada, which was surprising bland. Sangria's were perfect to start our meal. The dessert options for the prix fixed menu were a bit limited, but I found the passion fruit mousse very good. Service was good, but a bit slow. We weren't in much of a hurry, so we didn't mind. Overall, was quite pleased with the experiene.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere