“New menu, huge beautiful space, great for sports fans and people who love both kinds of footie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legends New York City

Legends New York City
6 West 33rd Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Midtown)
Website
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 5th Avenue
Transit: B, D, F, N, R, Q, V & W trains to 34th Street.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

They seem to have a new breakfast and dinner menu in play now that is great for international and American crowds - I mean, where else could you order buffalo wings and a scottish egg or a bacon cheeseburger and a bacon butty? They have a diverse selection of beer like indie beer mixed with American beer mixed with international staples. They had different beer on each floor though, so it's a pain if you are with friends who want something from the other floor. They do bucket's of beer for the games instead of pitchers. Although, that may have just been for the American footie. The Euro footie is downstairs on its own floor so that the crowds are separated and most of them were drinking Guiness and Magners. The waitresses were all gorgeous but it was different ones the last few times I went. They seem to have mostly male bartenders, which I find strange, but the cute waitresses made up for that. The chef came out at one point and asked us how were doing and I thought that was nice. Everyone was friendly. I almost missed this place though because it's hard to see inside from the street. I noticed the match posters in the window and then went in, but might have walked past it otherwise. I'll definitely go back whenever I want to watch a game and don't want to stay at home.

• Visited September 2012

Laval, Canada
“unforgettable evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I went to NYC in July for one night on our way to Atlantic City, and on this particular night, we wanted to watch a sport event on TV.
My husband found "Legend" on the Internet, it was near our hotel.
When we arrived there, the place was full of sport fans, lively and crowded. It was THE place to be!!
Fortunately we had reserved a table so we were well seated, and they have giant sceen TV's everywhere.
We had good cold beer, a generous portion of crispy onion rings with spicy sauce on the side.
My husband had the fish&chips, very good and fresh, and I had the "Dubliner" burger, with bacon and cheese, with fries...it was memorable...
Health food and jogging are nice, (and at Legends they have salads on the menu), but once in a while, calories taste good too!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Cool bar/pub with good drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Stylish place, modern Irish pub, didn't try the food but drinks are good and not overly expensive. Friendly staff, not overcrowded.

New York City, New York
“Upstairs female bartender has awful attitude and ruins a great sports bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Legends NYC was less than a legendary experience but it was only because of one worker other than that it wasn't bad. Its a pretty big sports bar, nice set up, met the guy who was one of the architects of the place. I went there with friends for the USA vs. Ghana world cup game and thank god were upstairs because it was packed. Had a little table area, ordered some food a burger and fries, nothing to rave about but they came out decent. This rude female bartender who def looks like Bonnie from family guy like she's been prego for years was awful . I don't normally describe any lady like this, but this chick was a pure clown and if she gives you attitude just get her fired on the spot find a manager or just record her behavior on your camera phone and get her out! Seriously she snapped at so many of the patrons when they made a simple order and then when we asked to change the tv's to the pregame she snapped and then finally the tv's were changed . Listen up bartender your in the customer service industry if you don't like it QUIT! Until then put your tampax pearl in and swallow your pride! Don't ruin a decent place because of your ego

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Soccer Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I chose Legends since I found out Chelsea NYC supporters meet there.

I spent a couple of afternoons here watching hockey and soccer. Food was typical/decent pub food but atmosphere is very enjoyable. My very favorite time of my whole trip was spent here but a lot of that must be credited to the soccer game result and ambiance generated by single-minded crowd.

I have only positive things to say about service. Katie (?) was helpful and a good sport with rowdy soccer fans, another waiter (didn't get his name) was nice enough to buy me a beer (guess he appreciated the earlier tip). Such a different experience compared to some other bars/pubs in my trip.

I spent time both upstairs while there was barely anyone in the pub and downstairs when it was so crowded you couldn't move. Be warned that downstairs gets really, really hot when it's that crowded. Yet - I can't recommend it enough to experience if you consider yourself a bit of a soccer nut.

• Visited May 2012