“Top hotel, start saving” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Elevate Your Experience
Ranked #109 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Derbyshire
“Top hotel, start saving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Not very much to say about the quality of this hotel, it's just quality. The only other thing is that it is, in my book, expensive. My wife and I stayed there for three nights at the end of a touring holiday. Those three nights cost us about £875.
My wife booked it as a treat and it was certainly that.
Our room was on the 34th floor and looked down towards the East River where we could just see Roosevelt Island.
For New York our room was a great size with elegant decor. The bathroom was lovely, there were robes and slippers provided and the entire experience was luxurious.
Location wise it was excellent Maddison and 51st doesn't get much better. Really helpful Reception, concierge and bell hop staff.
Would love to go back.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Sharon, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My guests and I had a mediocre stay at the New York Palace Hotel. We rented a Tower Corner Suite over Memorial Day weekend to host a small gathering of friends. In summary, the room was great, but the consensus is that service was sub-par to such an extent that we got an unexpected "Guest Inconvenience" credit on the bill without ever asking. Below is a summary of the highlights:

The Good:

1. Fantastic room with spectacular views. We stood on the 48th floor and had a spectacular view of the East River and Midtown skyline. I fell asleep staring at the lights on the Chrysler Building. The room was very spacious- 1-bedroom complete with guest powder room and wet bar.

2. Very friendly staff. Within a few minutes of arriving, one of the staff gave my daughter a teddy bear.

3. Bed was super comfortable.

4. Everything was clean and pristine.

5. Staff came through on some important requests (e.g. a refrigerator to store milk for my daughter).

The Bad:

1. No help at lobby door. When I first arrived at the hotel with stroller in-tow, no one helped me as I struggled through the front lobby door. There was plenty of staff nearby, but the staff members were talking to each other and didn't notice. Only after I was partially through the 2nd door did staff notice me and come by to help.

2. We waited over 4 hours to get a coffee machine for the room despite being told it would be right up. One of my guests went down about 2 hours in to ask about the request, to which he was assured that it was on its way. 2 hours later, he went down again and reported the staff looked frustrated. The inconvenience credit was for this issue.

3. Couldn't get a glass of beer for dinner. After dinner arrived at my room (friends ordered in), I asked 2 members of staff and the Towers concierge where I could get a cold glass of beer to have alongside my waiting dinner. I was told by concierge that the bars/lounges on-property wouldn't permit me to take drinks out of the bar to my room and that in-room service would be a while. I was therefore directed by concierge to an off-site bodega several blocks away. By the time I got back, my food was cold. I feel like there should have been a better solution.

4. No linens for 2nd bed. Our reservation was for 4 guests, but linens were only supplied for 1 bed. By the time we noticed, it was fairly late and we were too frustrated from the 5 hour coffee wait to be bothered calling service again. We searched through all the closets to no avail. We ended up sleeping on a towel covering the bare sofa mattress.

Overall, the stay rates a solid 3 bubbles for me. The room and view were stunning- a sure 5-bubbles. However, the service issues were a drag on the overall experience. The inconvenience credit was a nice gesture, but didn't weigh much on my rating, especially since we had additional issues after the credit was given.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is 1st class, very good for Central Park and time square, staff first class and rooms very nice. 10 of us stayed and all had different rooms, facing, North, South, West & East. they will book trips for you, get taxis etc.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am a frequent traveler with Platinum status at Marriott and I would say I was treated better here than I have been treated at some JW Marriott properties.

Booking:
I booked this hotel on Hotwire using the 5-star filter for a hotel in Midtown East. Checking in was quite simple; however, there was an issue with the Hotwire booking interface with their hotel - hotwire supposedly interfaced my check-in date to be a day later but the front desk was really helpful and easy going about fixing this.

Check In:
We got upgraded to a Superior Cathedral view room. This room turned out to be super spacious and comfortable.

Pros:
- Clean and Spacious rooms
- Comfortable bedding
- Fast Elevators
- Friendly staff (Reception / Bell desk)
- Clean / Spacious bathroom
- Hotel has been updated and maintained very well

Cons:
- No free wifi
- We didn't take advantage of the bar or room service so I can't say anything else about this hotel

Room Tip: Request an upgrade for a higher floor and a Cathedral View
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great hotel!! The restored mansion part was like stepping back in time and yet modern at the same time. Hotel staff was very courteous and they kept our baggage safe after we checked out so we could get in a little more sight seeing and shopping before we had to catch our flight home.
Perfect location to shopping and theater . The only drawback was no free wifi.

Room Tip: Get a room with cathedral view!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. The staff were very nice and were very helpful with bookings. The rooms are nothing to write home about. We requested a high floor as we were informed that there were refurbishing the hotel so some sections were closed off. Nevertheless its an old but good hotel and is in an excellent location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you're a meeting planner, treat yourself to a meeting at The New York Palace where seasoned professionals will assist in every step along the way. Not all luxury properties are created equal and they really do pay attention to detail - music to my ears!

Room Tip: Ask for views of St. Patricks Cathedral
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!