“Cathedral view made New York seem like Europe” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Elevate Your Experience
Ranked #110 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cathedral view made New York seem like Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great hotel!! The restored mansion part was like stepping back in time and yet modern at the same time. Hotel staff was very courteous and they kept our baggage safe after we checked out so we could get in a little more sight seeing and shopping before we had to catch our flight home.
Perfect location to shopping and theater . The only drawback was no free wifi.

Room Tip: Get a room with cathedral view!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. The staff were very nice and were very helpful with bookings. The rooms are nothing to write home about. We requested a high floor as we were informed that there were refurbishing the hotel so some sections were closed off. Nevertheless its an old but good hotel and is in an excellent location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you're a meeting planner, treat yourself to a meeting at The New York Palace where seasoned professionals will assist in every step along the way. Not all luxury properties are created equal and they really do pay attention to detail - music to my ears!

Room Tip: Ask for views of St. Patricks Cathedral
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Location is great! Service is good. Facilities are a little bit tired. My biggest concern with the hotel room is that it is full of dust. Even though they clean (I shouldn´t blame housekeeping, it wouldn´t be fair) there is always a lot of dust in the room. I stayed in floor 18. I assume the dust comes from the HVAC system. Apart from that I can say I had a great stay. Ah, I love the bar donwnstairs, especially the cocktails. The Manhattan is my favorite!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This light sleeper and "picky" traveler was able to get a decent nights sleep in the middle of a big city like New York! I was horrified when they put me close to the elevators, but was VERY surprised at how quiet the room was. We faced St. Patricks Cathedral on the side street and I think that was helpful. The room also had room darkening shade. The experience was great from beginning to end with enough room for two persons - flat screen TV, 2 chairs, desk, lighted magnified makeup mirror (a must for girls my age!) The carpet wasn't in great shape, but was overall satisfied. Friendly staff, elevators that work quickly to move people around without long waits. The lounge was very nice for an evening drink before dinner. The location was great and made it easy to get where we had to go either by cab or walking. I'd recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed on the side street facing St. Patricks Cathedral and it was quiet
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great awesome views from your window of this hotel. Nice room, comfy bed and first rate bath products. Location is good. Close enough to walk to theaters and crazy Times Square. But this hotel is pricey and just don't feel like it deserves a five star rating.
Ice: I waited 45 minutes and the then 25 for my ice request on two of my nights. There is no self serve available. No Turn down service so you are left to put all their fancy pillows and covers on the ground and pull your own blinds ( not the easy type) . Yes I knowi am spoiled BUT they claim to be a five star hotel. No real restaurant although their bakery cafe offers yummy choices if you don't mind $$ for it. I spent $45 on lunch ( no wine) for the two of us. The spa is in SERIOUS need of a remodel. Had an issue at check out with my bill. Took 15 minutes for manager to arrive for help. Took over 1/2 hour for him to resolve. He DID resolve ( thank you !!) but I had to leave before so I could wait in LONG cab line to race to JFK. Nice hotel but I won't return.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible with view of cathedral .
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Palace for a long weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything about this hotel is first class. It is convention located and was one of the quietest hotels I have experience even though the hotel was full. The staff was cordial and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room with a view of St. Patrick's Cathedral is great.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!