“Unbeatable Location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unbeatable Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is an independent operation I believe, and is situated in a terrific location on the corner of Madison and 50th. The main entrance is off of 50th. Efficient staff and an elegant stairway on the way to the elevators. My room on the 16th floor had a view of the cathedral but even at that height you can still hear the sounds of the city below.
Comfy beds and nice linens in a decent sized room with nice furnishings. The bathroom was normal sized with good quality soaps etc. I would note that one of the bath towels was virtually threadbare but that the other two provided were fluffy and new looking.

The fitness center n the 8th floor is well equipped and popular but I got a treadmill without waiting. I have stayed there before and would do so again.

Room Tip: Face Madison for view of Cathedral ( although it is being renovated at present) and is noisier.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This incredible character building blends the elegance of the old world with the convenience, effiency and productivity of the new world. The King-sized Cathedral room is more real estate than a standard apartment. With the ability to roam within the room and large windows to view St Patricks and Rockefellar it makes it easy to work within the space. The staff are very helpful and relaxed, a nice transition from the hustle of the street.
I would suggest this room to anyone from my grandmother to my executive colleagues. Reward yourself and gain refreshment with the Palaces fitness and lounge facilities.
The pictures do not do the building or rooms justice. Go book and experience for yourself!!
See you again soon NYP!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I felt like a princess in this Palace. It was amazing to stay at such a wonderful hotel in such a great location. Shopping, restaurants, etc, all closeby. Would definitely go back to be pampered again!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Upon arrival we were greeted graciously and efficiently. The in-room service was prompt and delicious. The hotel room was gorgeous! My wife and I loved the toiletries. The Palace is conveniently located next to transportation, the Theater District and Central Park. Definitely will come back for another weekend and recommend to others

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Murphy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

5 star is really stretching it. Spacious corner king room was nice, but carpet was worn. Staff was friendly. Restaurant choices were lacking. No late nite option for food other than room service. Good location but would not look to stay here again

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear heroes4sale,

I am glad you enjoyed your Corner King Guest Room with a gorgeous view of St. Patrick’s Cathedral; we renovated our entire hotel two years ago and continue to improve upon all of the furnishings in our guest rooms. Our ladies and gentlemen are always available to assist in any capacity that you need and our award winning concierge staff are there to assist with access to some of New York’s hardest to get into restaurants and venues in the Big Apple. I hope to welcome you back and please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are looking to come back to New York City.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently spent 3 nights at the New York Palace Hotel during a business trip to New York. I had not stayed at this hotel for many years and was looking forward to my return. The reasons for choosing this particular hotel were the location and what I remember were sizable rooms. I was not disappointed. The room was spacious and I had a lovely view of St Patrick's Cathedral. The room decor was tastefully done and the bed was extremely comfortable. I was somewhat disappointed by the level of service especially with respect to in-room dining. There seems to be some challenges in the evening. For example, a request for tea one evening took two tries to get it right. Reception on Sunday afternoon was a bit surly. But overall, the stay was pleasant.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear C O,

I am very happy to hear that you came back to us after a few years and I hope that you had an enjoyable and productive trip in New York while staying with us on business. We spent a lot of time in recent years redesigning our rooms to make them more comfortable and to give our guests more space and a more relaxing environment when unwinding form a hectic day. I have to agree with you on our beds, they are second to none from any hotel I have ever stayed at. We are regularly working on service enhancements in all of departments and when you are looking to come back to us please let our Guest Experience team know your preference for a Tea Setup to be placed in your room prior to arrival with our compliments; this is available for anyone and everyone that stays with us upon request. I hope to personally welcome you back soon.

Chatham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Lovely hotel, very well located. Molton Brown toiletries stocked up every day. We asked for a room with a nice view as it was our wedding anniversary and wanted a good view. We came back to our room after the first day to discover complimentary champagne and chocolates. Very nice touch. Concierge really helpful but the reception staff less so. Would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear 35JO,

We love celebrating our guests who are celebrating any special occasions. We ask that everyone tell us what brings them to our gorgeous and iconic hotel for every trip so our Guest Experience Team can make sure to recognize everyone's special occasion. Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope to welcome you back to The New York Palace soon.

Managing Director

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!