“Best location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Best location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Palace is very beautiful. It is in a great location. I would definitely stay there again. that being said the one fault I found was that you do not get an automatic turn down service or you can't even call house keeping for it. We were informed since we didn't request it at check in (which no one ever mentioned to us) then we couldn't have it. So next time I will know. I thought that was a little strange though. I stay at many hotels and I have never come across this before.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from a two night stay at the NYP. The location was perfect. We walked to all of the major attractions. The hotel itself was stunning. Lots of character and charm. The staff was friendly and very helpful with providing directions and transportation. I will be staying at the Palace every time I visit NYC!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Richmond, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good, but not perfect. Nice big room; clean; warm and reasonably quiet.

Good speed on the wifi, but honestly: charging extra for it?

But no reading lights, and a shower that covered the entire bathroom in water. And the reception staff would help enhance the stay by showing a modicum of interest in guests and their needs. An then I just hate it when the hotel tries to protect itself against guests' over consumption of toiletries by removing all full toiletries the day before departure so one has to ask for enough body wash to leave the hotel in a reasonably clear state.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Rebuilt formerly highclass hotel , now no restaurant in hotel and to sove extent very poor service expcally among female receptionists . No complementary free wifi availale. Forgot our wakeup Call on night of departure

Room Tip: Good view available to horrible extra Price
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the NYP, the location can't be beat, we walked to the theaters, Central Park, restaurants! Subway station just a five minute walk.
Booked a Cathedral View room and although St Patrick's is under renovations the view was ok.
Large room in good condition, ok bathroom with one vanity and shower/tub combination with shower curtain, would have liked a shower only with glass enclosed doors but it was ok.
Everybody greeted you when you eere heading out or back to the hotel, the lobby area was busy all the time.
My complaint is Wifi connection, slow, it kept disconnecting all the time and for $16 a day + tax one expects more.
Would stay there if the rate was right next time.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I visited New York for the first time last week and was beyond happy with my decision to stay at the New York Palace hotel. I was surprising my husband with the trip for his birthday and the hotel went beyond my expectations to make this day perfect for him. Prior to our trip, I reached out to the hotel to find out how I could arrange certain amenities for our arrival. They had their guest experience coordinator reach out to me, who was an absolute pleasure to work with, and she sent me over their amenity list. I selected a bottle of wine and requested they had a card of some sort to say Happy Birthday to go along with it. When we did arrive to our hotel, I found they went way beyond that. They had everything situated so pretty and a delicious mini cake for my husband. It has been years since I have received that level of personal attention at a hotel and I will always remember that. In addition to our amazing level of service, we had a beautiful king room on the 37th floor overlooking St. Patrick's Cathedral. The views were absolutely stunning. I am so happy with our decision to pick this hotel. The service, rooms, views and location cannot be beat. Will definitely be recommending all my friends and family to this hotel. Thanks for such a memorable weekend!!

On a side note - a great hidden gem nearby for breakfast or lunch (per the recommendation at concierge) is Burger Heaven. Best buffalo chicken sandwich ever!

Martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I arrived in town early and my room was ready for me to check in. As usual everything was immaculate. It was large enough and had a nice space for entertaining. My mini-bar was well stocked. Room service provided delicious food in a timely manner. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. All in all a great visit.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!