“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The New York Palace Hotel

You added The New York Palace Hotel to your Saves list
The New York Palace Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #124 of 458 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From the beautiful lobby and grand staircase to the lovely decor in the renovated guestrooms, it all feels like you are being spoiled! The entire staff is gracious, professional and accomodating with every request...the beds, the room amenities and the views are all amazing, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Loved our stay at this hotel. Great location and good service.
Had lovely room with great view of St Patricks cathedral.
Didn't eat in hotel so can't comment on food but lots of great restaurants nearby.
Would recommend Radio City Rockettes show we loved it. Followed by dinner at Del Friscos but portions are huge!
Have visited NY many times and whilst Empire State Building is great have to say really love Top of the Rock.

• Stayed January 2015
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed only one night, but will definitely be back to this hotel! The rooms are huge for NYC, and very nicely furnished. The concierge, Joseph, was amazing! His recommendations and suggestions were perfect. Thank you for a lovely stay, can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the cathedral.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Fort Salonga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I go for weekend getaways often in NYC as we live in LI. We have tried many hotels and we give The New York Palace Hotel thumbs up! We have gone to many nice hotels and they are very nice but for the price of this hotel it is VERY worth it! The rooms were large, clean and bright. Can't really beat the view of the Cathedral either! The location is really convenient for everything and I highly recommend it. We will definitely be going back! We were also pleasantly given a room upgrade to a corner room which was similar in size to what we booked and we were very pleased!

Room Tip: definitely get the room with a view of the cathedral, it's not only beautiful during the daytime...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear kitmin2010,

Thank you for taking the time to share these amazing comments about The New York Palace. I am so happy to see that you and your husband enjoyed you (I'm sure much needed!) NYC getaway.

I am thrilled that you had such a pleasant experience and I look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel. Had a king room for the adults with adjoining double for my daughter's friends, who were along for an American Girl weekend. Rooms were extremely clean and the king especially was incredibly spacious by NYC standards. Beds super comfy. Our view from the 34th floor was amazing. Location is great, staff were very, very pleasant.

Only caveat was that, despite having ordered the American Girl package, which includes amenities for the girls and their dolls, none were in the room when we checked in. Upon inquiry, a very lovely staff member brought two amenities to the room, however I had ordered three and it took close to 90m to get all three. Also, a birthday cake was supposed to be present in the room for my daughter when we arrived, this also was missing. The biggest hassle was not that the amenities were missing, but that we had to change our plans for the evening based on the long wait for the items.

Also, it's not the worst thing ever, but about three different people came to the room to bring the missing items piecemeal, which meant tipping them all separately for things that should've been there in the first place. However, the hotel did the right thing by not charging me for the AG package, taking it off the bill without any question when I described the problem. This, rather than the mix-up, is what I will remember about the service. I would absolutely stay again and recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Kristin B,

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience at The New York Palace and that your daughter had a fantastic birthday weekend with her friends. There is nothing better that seeing our children happy!

Thank you for recommending us and I look forward to your next visit.

State of Sao Paulo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had been in NyPalace from January 3 to 10, 2015. On January 4, my two shopping bags, a new and expensive purse and a poster from the MET were stolen from my room. So bad as this trauma was the manager's attitudes. He kept saying that probably my bags were lost. Lost inside my room??? Obviously he doubt of my word. My daughter and I were so distressed that this awful experience ruined our vacations. There was not a single word of empathy or concern. This hotel has 3 entrances, just one with a doorman. Anybody can get to the apartments and there are not cameras in the corridor. Up to now, more than 20 days, there are still investigating. The security says that they have to interview the employees. I am sure that this is not my problem!
We came back home without our shops or money.
Denise G. Ramos

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed in the New York Palace over the New Year. The room with a view over the Cathedral, was excellent. The concierge staff were very helpful and went out of their way to help.
The only downside was the ridiculously overpriced bar on the ground floor

Room Tip: Ask for a Cathedral view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear spurskim107,

Thank you for your great review. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay and had a chance to experience our world class Concierge service.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

David Chase

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!