“Nice weekend with kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The New York Palace Hotel

You added The New York Palace Hotel to your Saves list
The New York Palace Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #125 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice weekend with kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very nice hotel. Had a king room for the adults with adjoining double for my daughter's friends, who were along for an American Girl weekend. Rooms were extremely clean and the king especially was incredibly spacious by NYC standards. Beds super comfy. Our view from the 34th floor was amazing. Location is great, staff were very, very pleasant.

Only caveat was that, despite having ordered the American Girl package, which includes amenities for the girls and their dolls, none were in the room when we checked in. Upon inquiry, a very lovely staff member brought two amenities to the room, however I had ordered three and it took close to 90m to get all three. Also, a birthday cake was supposed to be present in the room for my daughter when we arrived, this also was missing. The biggest hassle was not that the amenities were missing, but that we had to change our plans for the evening based on the long wait for the items.

Also, it's not the worst thing ever, but about three different people came to the room to bring the missing items piecemeal, which meant tipping them all separately for things that should've been there in the first place. However, the hotel did the right thing by not charging me for the AG package, taking it off the bill without any question when I described the problem. This, rather than the mix-up, is what I will remember about the service. I would absolutely stay again and recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
State of Sao Paulo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had been in NyPalace from January 3 to 10, 2015. On January 4, my two shopping bags, a new and expensive purse and a poster from the MET were stolen from my room. So bad as this trauma was the manager's attitudes. He kept saying that probably my bags were lost. Lost inside my room??? Obviously he doubt of my word. My daughter and I were so distressed that this awful experience ruined our vacations. There was not a single word of empathy or concern. This hotel has 3 entrances, just one with a doorman. Anybody can get to the apartments and there are not cameras in the corridor. Up to now, more than 20 days, there are still investigating. The security says that they have to interview the employees. I am sure that this is not my problem!
We came back home without our shops or money.
Denise G. Ramos

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in the New York Palace over the New Year. The room with a view over the Cathedral, was excellent. The concierge staff were very helpful and went out of their way to help.
The only downside was the ridiculously overpriced bar on the ground floor

Room Tip: Ask for a Cathedral view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just spent 5 nights in the New York Palace and could not fault it we stayed in a cathedral view room and as it said we had an amazing room with great views of the cathedral and the Rockefeller tower looking west towards the Hudson River. Check in was excellent even given the opportunity to upgrade to a suite on the 36th floor which after seeing the room we stuck with our original room as the suite was far too big for two people. Reception staff wrre more than helpful including the concierge, the doorman and bell hop. Overall a great experience and would definitely stay there again, the central location was excellent close to Times Square and a short walk to Central Park. Cannot say anything bad room was spotless and bed extremely comfortable. From the minute we arrived we knew we were in a top hotel

Room Tip: Book a cathedral view room as the view is amazing !!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Westport, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overall beautiful property. My im-laws' rooms were beautiful but unfortunately ours smelled like vomit in the bathroom. the housekeeping staff tried to clean it a couple of times but the smell never went away. I would have thought they would have changed our room but they never even offered it. Not sure why I didn't demand it! I guess because we were mostly out of the room. If I had the opportunity I would stay there again, with the assumption that my experience was an anomaly!

Room Tip: Make sure it doesn't smell like puke
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear hockeysoccermom,

I am saddened to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations. I completely agree with you that this experience was an anomaly as this most certainly does not happen at The New York Palace. Nevertheless we would have been more than happy to move you to a different room and turn this experience around.

Next time you decide to visit us please feel free to contact the Guest Experience Department directly at guestexperience@nypalace.com and the team will be thrilled to make your stay a most memorable one for all the right reasons.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the New York Palace after a cruise that docked in New Jersey in early January. The hotel itself is extremely beautiful and the rooms are spacious. The room wasn't so clean when we entered needing a good vacuum. We arrived at 10am already paying for the previous night. Checking in Bitman upgraded our room which was kind of him and we paid for another night but were to leave at 5pm. (check in is 3pm, check out is 12pm) had to pay for 2 nights to have somewhere to stay until flight back to London. Unfortunately we had some issues with our flight as it was delayed and then cancelled. Upon leaving we knew the flight was delayed and we called the front desk asking them if we could continue to stay in the room as we had paid for the night and check out the next morning. The person on the phone said yes it's yours for the night even though you had planned to leave at 5pm. We left for the airport at 7:30pm to drop our luggage. Coming back we rang the hotel confirming our room was still there and they had said we would have to pay for another night that they could not find the reservation. Eventually after some arguing a manager said he would give us a new room. We decided that this hotel and their service was not worth it at all. Also around 3pm while I was getting changed a few women waked into the room with keys stating it was their own room that the front desk had given them. To my disappointment and shock I rang the front desk to ask what was this about. They had no apology or anything and brushed it off saying we did not book this room. The money had already been taken from the card used so this room was definitely hours. I would say I would never stay here again but I made two bookings for this hotel before for another separate stay so I will be going back let's just hope better service from management.

Unfortunately I've tried to make a formal complaint regarding my experience at the New York Palace with no luck to finding a complaints email address where I can reach a resolution of this matter.

Dear Vanessa W,

I am incredibly sorry to hear about the situation you went through. I am glad to hear that Bitan was able to provide you with wonderful service and a room upgrade. I can assure you that the issues you have described do not reflect the world class service that we so proudly provide at The New York Palace as we are constantly working to offer the most memorable experiences to our beloved guests.

I hope that after all you were able to make it home safely.

Trenton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We found The Palace online. We were coming into the city to celebrate an anniversary and needed 3 rooms. I was pleasantly surprised at the reasonable rate and booked the rooms immediately. We upgraded each room to include a view of St. Pat's...it was a wonderful experience from the moment we pulled up. All of the rooms were ready (early) which was a nice surprise. The rooms were spacious, especially for NY, and were clean with lovely large towels and a comfortable bed. The view was spectacular both during the day and night. The location is perfect. Right next door, literally 10 steps, is a great steakhouse (Maloneys?) where we had drinks and snacks and waited for the rest of our party to arrive.
All contact with hotel staff was positive. After dinner on the UES, we came back to the hotel and had drinks at the hotel lounge; good service, good drinks and a fun place to people-watch at that hour:) When checking out, the maid was pleasant and smiling and told us not to rush. If the price were right, I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Diane H,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience at The New York Palace. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a memorable anniversary celebration with family and friends.

I hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

David Chase

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!