“Great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The New York Palace Hotel

You added The New York Palace Hotel to your Saves list
The New York Palace Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #125 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed in the New York Palace over the New Year. The room with a view over the Cathedral, was excellent. The concierge staff were very helpful and went out of their way to help.
The only downside was the ridiculously overpriced bar on the ground floor

Room Tip: Ask for a Cathedral view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just spent 5 nights in the New York Palace and could not fault it we stayed in a cathedral view room and as it said we had an amazing room with great views of the cathedral and the Rockefeller tower looking west towards the Hudson River. Check in was excellent even given the opportunity to upgrade to a suite on the 36th floor which after seeing the room we stuck with our original room as the suite was far too big for two people. Reception staff wrre more than helpful including the concierge, the doorman and bell hop. Overall a great experience and would definitely stay there again, the central location was excellent close to Times Square and a short walk to Central Park. Cannot say anything bad room was spotless and bed extremely comfortable. From the minute we arrived we knew we were in a top hotel

Room Tip: Book a cathedral view room as the view is amazing !!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Westport, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall beautiful property. My im-laws' rooms were beautiful but unfortunately ours smelled like vomit in the bathroom. the housekeeping staff tried to clean it a couple of times but the smell never went away. I would have thought they would have changed our room but they never even offered it. Not sure why I didn't demand it! I guess because we were mostly out of the room. If I had the opportunity I would stay there again, with the assumption that my experience was an anomaly!

Room Tip: Make sure it doesn't smell like puke
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the New York Palace after a cruise that docked in New Jersey in early January. The hotel itself is extremely beautiful and the rooms are spacious. The room wasn't so clean when we entered needing a good vacuum. We arrived at 10am already paying for the previous night. Checking in Bitman upgraded our room which was kind of him and we paid for another night but were to leave at 5pm. (check in is 3pm, check out is 12pm) had to pay for 2 nights to have somewhere to stay until flight back to London. Unfortunately we had some issues with our flight as it was delayed and then cancelled. Upon leaving we knew the flight was delayed and we called the front desk asking them if we could continue to stay in the room as we had paid for the night and check out the next morning. The person on the phone said yes it's yours for the night even though you had planned to leave at 5pm. We left for the airport at 7:30pm to drop our luggage. Coming back we rang the hotel confirming our room was still there and they had said we would have to pay for another night that they could not find the reservation. Eventually after some arguing a manager said he would give us a new room. We decided that this hotel and their service was not worth it at all. Also around 3pm while I was getting changed a few women waked into the room with keys stating it was their own room that the front desk had given them. To my disappointment and shock I rang the front desk to ask what was this about. They had no apology or anything and brushed it off saying we did not book this room. The money had already been taken from the card used so this room was definitely hours. I would say I would never stay here again but I made two bookings for this hotel before for another separate stay so I will be going back let's just hope better service from management.

Unfortunately I've tried to make a formal complaint regarding my experience at the New York Palace with no luck to finding a complaints email address where I can reach a resolution of this matter.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We found The Palace online. We were coming into the city to celebrate an anniversary and needed 3 rooms. I was pleasantly surprised at the reasonable rate and booked the rooms immediately. We upgraded each room to include a view of St. Pat's...it was a wonderful experience from the moment we pulled up. All of the rooms were ready (early) which was a nice surprise. The rooms were spacious, especially for NY, and were clean with lovely large towels and a comfortable bed. The view was spectacular both during the day and night. The location is perfect. Right next door, literally 10 steps, is a great steakhouse (Maloneys?) where we had drinks and snacks and waited for the rest of our party to arrive.
All contact with hotel staff was positive. After dinner on the UES, we came back to the hotel and had drinks at the hotel lounge; good service, good drinks and a fun place to people-watch at that hour:) When checking out, the maid was pleasant and smiling and told us not to rush. If the price were right, I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the New York Palace for 6 nights over the New Year period with my husband, and from the moment we pulled up to the grand entrance I was pleased with our hotel choice.
After reading previous reviews we were expecting a long wait to check in but the desk was clear and we got checking in within 5 minutes.
Our room was nice and spacious which was city/neighbouring building facing but we enjoyed the view and didn't spend that much time in the room anyway.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, it is in the heart of Manhattan with Times Square and Rockefeller both short walking distances, which was great for us as we celebrated new years eve watching the balldrop in Times Square.
The patisserie that is at the hotel Pomme Palais is great if you want a light breakfast or a little treat to take back to your room. After having large evening meals my husband and I would often just have a coffee and croissant for our breakfast.
The hotel didn't have it's own restaurant which was the only downside to the hotel, but we enjoyed going to find other restaurants in the area.
Concierge are very helpful and nothing is ever too much trouble. They helped us with directions and gave is a pocket map of the area and advised us of the best mode of transport to get to Battery Park which was by the underground, which seems daunting if you haven't used it before but it was so easy and cheap!
We sampled a few cocktails in Troubles Trust which were very nice, and ordered breakfast to the room on the day we were leaving which was very tasty and set us up for the day of travelling.
I would really like to visit the City again soon and I will definitely be staying at the Palace again, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, I loved it!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Samantha M,

I am so happy o hear that you and your husband had a great experience at The New York Palace. I am also glad that you had a chance to enjoy our French Patisserie Pommes Palais by the acclaimed Chef Michel Richard and also did not miss the amazing cocktail options you can only find at Trouble's Trust.

I look forward to your next visit!

All the best,
David Chase
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Palace for 4 nights in January and it was a great experience. We had a great room with a view of St. pats, and could even see the radio city sign from our room. Pros: within in walking distance of Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, Theater District, 5th Ave shopping, and the park. The room was clean with comfortable beds and great molton brown products. Great doormen who,will get you cabs whenever you need, we were also chauffeured twice by the personal driver. Cons: no wifi... A bit ridiculous to charge $16.00 a day for wifi when spending $350 a night on a room, in my opinion. All in all we had a great stay and I would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: Go for the cathedral view.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Lizzy R,

I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a fantastic experience at The New York Palace. I look forward to welcome you back in the future and be a part of your family's great memories!

All the best,
David Chase

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!