“The palace doesn't disappoint.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Elevate Your Experience
Ranked #105 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“The palace doesn't disappoint.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel. The lobby is nicely appointed and the rooms are quite spacious by NY standards. When we checked in, they upgraded us to a room with a view of St. Patrick's, which was unbeatable. The location of this hotel is ideal, situated between Madison and Park Ave, within easy walking distance to Rockefeller Center and 5th Ave shopping. Our 4yr old son also had a blast here. The only negative is that the hotel doesn't really have a valet service. You park your car in the garage that's attached to the hotel, and at $70/day, it's quite steep. Other than that, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room facing Madison Ave. is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Zionsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Palace was beautiful and all dressed up for the Holidays! Our room overlooking St. Patrick's was excellent and though others have complained about the WiFi, it worked fine for us. The only problem we had was at check out they tried to charge us for 12 days of internet access even though we had only been there for 5. Other than that we will return!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My daughter and I stayed at The Palace overnight this past weekend. The experience didn't blow me away but it was nice and decent for the price.

Pros:

- Location is convenient if you're in for touristy type things like Rock Center and centrally located if you are planning on being in other parts of town. (If you are familiar with New York or looking for great eating experiences you won't be wowed by the options for dining nearby and will need to venture out of the neighborhood.)

- Rooms are large and clean

- Bed was very comfortable.

- Hotel itself has an old world charm about it.

- Our room was on a high floor with nice views and was quiet.

Cons:

- Room service anywhere is overpriced but you at least expect a $30 caesar salad to taste better than something you could get at a corner diner. It didn't…

- The bathroom was dim, had a shower curtain (which I despise at hotels), the basin was a bit stained and worn and could do with replacing, and the amenities provided were barely average.

- The thermostat wasn't great. I had them look at it shortly after arrival because the room was stuffy. Their solution was to set it to 60 degrees. At 60 with the fan on high the actual room temperature was above 70 which was too warm for my liking for sleeping.

I would stay there again if the rate was right but certainly wouldn't list it as a favorite that I was dying to return to.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The location is great, across from St. Patrick's cathedral, short walk to Rockefeller Centre, Saks on 5th Avenue and walking distance to the theatre district or the Park. Our room on the 30th floor had been renovated and was beautiful and very spacious.
The lobby was always busy but the staff were helpful. There is a beautiful Christmas tree in the outdoor courtyard on Madison Avenue that had tour buses stopping constantly for pictures. It was spectacular.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I decided last minute to give myself a much needed "staycation " and reserved a room at The New York Palace. I walked in and felt like I was transported to somewhere magical. The grand entry from the Garden is exceptional the smiles from the staff made me feel even more welcomed. I wanted to keep going in and out of the hotel just so that I could experience it again and again. Michael who checked me in was patient and gave advice on the outlets that were available for dinner and breakfast (the French bakery was perfect for my morning meal) then he directed me to my room which was located in The Towers. Once in the room I immediately went to the window. The view was breathtaking. The bed was grand and I kept playing with the remote and lights like a little kid, I slept so well that i forgot that I was in the heart of the city. It was one night but a night I won't soon forget. So happy that I made The New York Palace my home away from home. if only for a quick getaway.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Newbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My first visit. Overriding impression is that it is vast and a bit impersonal. Service a little brusque and inflexible. Rooms ok, although a really small bathroom in relation to the overall size of the room. Bed very comfortable. Cannot believe the charge of 15.99 dollars for use of the internet. Crazy!

• Stayed December 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

At over $700/night (including taxes), I would expect at least a little bit of service. I have traveled extensively over the past 25 years and prefer high end hotels. The Palace was convenient for our plans and should have been the right choice. Instead, it was a huge disappointment. The concierge was useless in securing dinner reservations (I got the same table he couldn't on Open Table 5 minutes later). The first evening, I called housekeeping on our way out to service the room with new towels and a shoe shine. Returning late, we found the room and the shoes untouched. The next day I called around noon and asked to have the same shoes shined, noting that I needed them back by 4PM. I had to call 3 more times to have them finally delivered at 4:40, making us late for an event! I also called housekeeping about the lack of service the preceding evening, and made mention to Michael at the front desk on the way out. Returning very late, we found the room untouched again. Too tired, we just went to sleep, having to flag down a maid in the hallway the next day for fresh towels. That, coupled with the petty $15/day charge for WiFi, an automatic 19% gratuity and $7/person room service surcharge and the nonsense with the housekeeping, means The Palace needs a refresher course in customer service. I understand New York rates and don’t mind paying as long as the service is commensurate with the quality of the goods and services. The Palace simply doesn't deliver.

Room Tip: West-facing rooms have a view of St. Pats & Rokefeller Center.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!