“If it's luxury you want...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Rate
$995 (USD)
Ranked #101 of 456 Hotels in New York City
“If it's luxury you want...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed 7 nights here with a girlfriend where we were greeted with a room upgrade. Comfortable beds with luxurious sheets. Sometimes the hotel room bathroom is a deal breaker for me but the bathroom here is really nice, the huge gold gilded mirrors excites you to get ready in style. Just a short walk away from everything, especially the subway. Coming back to the Palace after enormous days of walking, you feel refreshed and well rested for the next day.

The Concierge was truly helpful every day, and made great suggestions of where to go, what to do, and where to eat. (I asked them once where we could have dinner at 11pm... they recommended an exceptional place!)

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

There is not much I can add from what's been said. Just recommend it as an Option 1 when you visit New York.
We got a suite in front of the St.Patrick's Cathedral for 8 days, great views, it is walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Gran Central Station, Central Park. Service is great, Room quality perfect,
One day I just when for a run on the central park (10mile run aprox) from the hotel, feeling as if I was home!
Overall quality of 10.

Room Tip: I took a suite, front room, no complaints.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I'm a New Yorker that lives out of town now, so not the average tourist looking for a hotel in the city. Snagged a deal for the NY Palace off of "hotel tonight" app and it was a wonderful experience. It happened to fall during the UN meetings in September, so there were international guests, security and secret service flanking every corner. Even with this, we felt like stars... You can go to the gym and they provide you with a full workout outfit, including sneakers! We just spent the night, but had a beautiful cityscape view and a big comfy bed. Great stay!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the New York Palace on Oct. 21st-22nd. I arrived at 8am and had been up since 2:30am to catch my flight to NY. I had a marathon day of meetings ahead of me and even though I knew check-in was not until 3pm, I asked Lincy, who was assisting me at the front desk if I could possibly have a room earlier. She said she would check but if there was no room available, I could use the spa facilities to shower and change. I had never been in the spa, so I really just wanted a room where I could freshen up before I started my day. Lincy consulted with the manager and after some checking, she was able to offer me a room. I was so grateful! It really made a difference in helping me feel my best before a long day. The following day, which was equally filled with meetings, Lincy offered me the use of the spa again, since I was leaving long after my checkout time, so I could again freshen up before I went to the airport. After trudging around Manhattan in the rain, in a suit and heels, it was wonderful to be able to go somewhere peaceful and quiet, where I could change into something more comfortable for my flight. The spa changing area has all the amenities that you would have in your own hotel room and it is lovely. It was so kind of Lincy to think of this for me...otherwise I would have been trying to change in a disgusting airport bathroom in front of complete strangers! She even made sure she offered me an umbrella as a Ieft in the morning, at no charge. As a business traveler, this is the kind of service I appreciate--someone who understands my needs and is trying to make travel as easy and comfortable as possible for me. Usually I come home from business trips tired and frazzled, but this time I came home feeling relaxed and this wonderful service made all the difference. Thank you Lincy and thank you New York Palace!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Antwerp Province, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This unique hotel has an outstanding service. Super location for this area.
Sachs, Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Plaza.... all at walking distance.
Fantastic breakfast but expensive for us european's. Everything you eat is à la carte. Book this hotel via American Express credit card and get all your breakfasst free (actions from American Express gold and Platinum)

Room Tip: Book this unique hotel via American Express and save a lot.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Been a guest since the mid-'90s--first stay post-rennovation. Really liked the light colored rooms and carpeting. Makes for an inviting and calming stay. Overall décor is quite pleasing. They consistently have one of the hardest working and fantastic Concierge desks of any hotel--staffed with at least five during peak time to provide focused service of a small boutique hotel when they have over 900 rooms. One of the best views of Midtown you can get anywhere.

As "carolpowell60" mentioned yesterday, I do miss the coveted turn-down service. Was surprised to see it gone. Would like to see it return.

carolpowell60 - as fewer people read paper newspapers, rather than purchase and toss the unneeded ones (totalling hundreds everyday), newspapers are available on each floor, at the end of the elevator bank annex, on the table. I think that is smart and appropriate; and you can always call down to have one delivered for free if you are in your robe, or with your breakfast room service delivery.

Need WiFi Internet access? Bring a wireless N mini router (~$30) and plug that in via their quality Ethernet jacks. In a hotel that has sound proof walls by design, the laws of physics come into play with WiFi signals and thus, makes for an unstable and otherwise frustrating WiFi experience. The wireless N mini router will allow you to connect an iPad easily and save you time. I mentioned the WiFi improvement opportunity to the hotel, as I install WiFi networks for business and know well of the challenges better than many guests might. Whether you have a wireless N mini router or not, Ethernet is the way to go, until they improve coverage.

To this point, I'll take an extremely quiet room over speedy wireless service any day -- especially when the Ethernet is high quality. Lacking a cable? Call Guest Services and one will be delivered quickly. They are a very service oriented property.

For shopping, very few hotels offer the ease of in-and-out as the Palace. Give your bags to the bellman and keep going. They will be in your room upon return. Great location.

Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a Cathedral view room -- you will pay more, but it is worth it. Corner rooms c...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It's nice when a hotel goes above and beyond the call of duty. I called down asking about mailing a letter. A gentleman at the front desk took the trouble not only to pick up my letter but also help me find a postage stamp so I didn't have to make the trip to the post office. His response was that this is nothing as I'm staying at the Palace Hotel. I don't think many hotels would have helped out so promptly and with such a customer-oriented approach. Fantastic!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!