“Enjoyed My Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed My Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked this as part of a package through North America Travel Service. It was a lovely hotel and the room was a great size with a stunning view over the city. I was on floor 38. I was disappointed the hotel restaurant had closed but ate next door which was fine. Two evenings I had a drink in the lounge bar. The staff were friendly as were the concierges when I asked for help. I used Pomme Palais as well and was surprised for such an upmarket place that they used disposable utensils. My big moan is that I had to pay for the internet and it logging on was not easy and I am IT savy. But I loved my stay and would stay again but next time ask my travel agent to negotiate an price that included internet access.

Room Tip: request a high level room
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We have stayed here many, many times. In fact, this used to be my favorite hotel. Great location, close to everything in midtown. We did not receive many of the American Express a Platinum Privileges that 5 star hitels offer. Service was mediocre. I do not like the trendier renovation of the lobby. They do not offer turn down service, even if requested. No communication with staff. We had a 4 check out time, which front desk was notified & we were interrupted by housekeeping about 5 times.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Recommendable if a good rate is available. We booked last minute with internet included. Clean and large rooms with comfortable bed, quiet and nice large table. Somehow the refurbish looks slightly unfinished such as old light switches, doors, elevators. Would only stay here if can get discounted rate.

• Stayed September 2014
Medford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed for 4 nights and had a room with view of St. Patrick's Cathedral. I always forget that the elevators can take a while on the weekend as they are small and slow. On our 2nd day when we returned to the room there was terrible chemical odor so we called downstairs. Within 5 minutes someone from housekeeping showed up and suggested the maid had spilled some cleaner ( it was odd because they said the maids provide their own cleaning supplies). The offered to bring up some air purification machine but we asked to move rooms which they obliged. The light switches in the rooms are dated so when I was taking a shower one morning the lights went out because they are old despite newly renovated room. My wife enjoyed the comfort of the lobby lounge and the attentiveness of the waitstaff. We've stayed here a few times over the years and found the experience was not up to par with prior visits.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wouldn't recommend. I wish we would have stayed at the Waldorf. These rooms are extremely cramped. We didn't feel there was a real good use of space, Fortunately we only had to stay one night. They're bar was cool though. Again, expensive, expensive, expensive. But the atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly on a positive note.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for the money.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Redwood City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I would have to say the upgraded room was beautiful but the service there was worse than a budget motel. I booked a $1K room in the Towers for my parents and also reserved a car service from the Chief Concierge for a Broadway show and also to the airport. After booking the hotel I received an "upgrade" room email for which I clicked on the email, so instead of giving me details about the upgrade, it just automatically upgraded the room. I promptly sent an email to cancel the upgrade however they didn't respond back. So it turns out that when my parents checked out, they had to pay for the $500 upgrade, which I had requested to be cancelled. Further to add insult to injury, the Chief Concierge lost the reservation for the car service to the show and my parents had to walk to the Broadway show. Generally for $1500/night you would think someone would care just a little bit about the guest staying at the hotel, but that doesn't seem the case. As pretty as the room is there are too many other nicer hotels to stay at that you would get treated with a little bit of respect and customer service. Emails to the Concierge, General Manager and Guest Experiences didn't receive a response, probably went into the same bucket my email went to cancel the upgrade.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The exterior, lobby and room decor are outstanding. It is a palace from the 19 th century and inside you can forget you are in NYC. The rooms are very large especially for NYC. The restaurant offers excellent quality food and service. A Surprising fault is a very poor wifi where you aren't really connected but your devices show that you are. You have to buy it every 24 hours with a lengthy sign in procedure and a fee. For $500+ a night you might expect a high quality free internet service and you would be wrong. The tv and lights are complex to operate but eventually you can get it to work. If you have the $$$$ and demand comfort this is the Palace for you. Expect to spend a lot !!!

Stayed September 2014
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear fadoony,

Thank you for your sincere feedback. I will be certain to discuss your comments with the team as we are constantly working to maintain the high service standards our beloved guests deserve to receive.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

All the best,
David Chase

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!