“NYCJuly19-2014” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 451 hotels in New York City
Milford
“NYCJuly19-2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I cameback here for our anniversary and Thanks to Lincy was so great and gave us an upgraded to the Towers. The room was huged, have flowers, sculptures, plans but also amazing views of NYC skyline. Now we're know how the rich people live...The hotel just right in the centers of Mid town and so convenience walking distances to every where...and the prices must cheaper than other hotel...always book ahead and re-check...sometimes price drop...

Room Tip: always book ahead...recommend away from elevator, and high floors or corner...great views...speciall...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a few days before a business trip in NYC. My wife picked it out and it was much better than the Hilton we transferred to when business kicked in. It's a smaller hotel (boutique?) and is kinda trendy. The room was very modern and clean. The view was of a construction site, but you don't stay in your room when you are in NYC! The location was excellent. It's right on Madison avenue and one block over from 5th ave where all the fancy shopping is. You can walk to time square, broadway, and grand central station from here. The combination of everything was just right. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: It's a few blocks away from Time Square. Trust me, you don't want to be in the middle of tha...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I used to stay here on business trips in the early 2000s and recently stayed here for a quick trip to NYC. I was originally planning to stay at another hotel but was surprised how cheap the rates were on short notice (2 days ahead)- less than U$300 on trip advisor. Other than the great price, the location is pretty central for business or pleasure. Rooms are also on the largish size & have been refurbished since my earlier visits although the toilets are still small and look the same. I can't comment on the food as I did not eat at the hotel.

What was strange for a 5 star hotel was the lack of slippers for your room, or a free bottle of water (apparently tap water is fine). OK, I can probably live without these but what I didn't appreciate was the weak wifi connection (and I paid extra for it). Overall, I can't complain as I got a great hotel rate, although I would probably not stay here for the full price.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Troy, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We decided a long weekend in NYC was overdue. I usually stay at the Waldorf but we decided we were up for a change. Upon arrival the parking situation was confused. I was obviously trying to check in but the doormen was aloof and quite odd. Eventually I figured out how to get into the garage and parked. The self parking in a dingy garage was not what I expected. The doorman continued to be rude and aloof throughout the weekend. Upon checking in at the main deal it turns out I has booked a room in the towers the even higher end part if the hotel with a private entrance. It seems the valet or someone would have known this and directed us properly. However upon entering the doors to the "towers - wow". We stay at a lot if Ritz Carlton properties but this was over the top. Literally rubbing elbows with middle eastern royalty. Our Tumi luggage looked sad in the sea of Louis and Gucci. Our room wasn't ready. We were a couple hours early no big deal. We decided to grab lunch and five minutes later the phone rang "your room is ready" Then without a word of complaint or praise the front desk gentleman announced we have a lovely upgrade for you. I guess they did our room room was essentially an apartment (foyer and all) without a kitchen. It was indulgently luxurious and with cutting edge home automation which was so cool we actually did something similar at home. The place is really expensive but it's hard to put a price on sipping cocktails in your living room overlooking st Patricks cathedral in utter luxury. We found the location ideal -- a few blocks this way il mulino and Burberry. Be few blocks the other way Hell's Kitchen and cool gay bars. We loved and when the budget allowable will return!

• Stayed August 2013
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What was once a nice hotel has really lost it. He a Horrible experience - not the first unfort. The service here has good from decent to bad to horrible - brain dead. No pride of the job. Tonight I had a reservation. They did not have enough maid service so did not have a room. Instead of explaining and solving the problem they disappeared and were rude. Not only rude but unprofessional. Avoid at all costs. Only benefit was I discovered Hotel Tonight

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It's a pretty and clean hotel with great location. The front desk representative, Lincy was very polite and gave us free upgrade too since we stayed a week there. Housekeeper, Evelyn was nice too. This is our second stay at the New York Palace Hotel and enjoyed it. If you like to shop, this is a very convenient location, and you can walk to Central Park too for bike ride. A couple of bellmen were a little rude but we still love this place. We will be back next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I spent 7 nights in NYC at the New York Palace Hotel in late June 2014, and we very much appreciated not only the cleanliness of our room, but the entire hotel. Our bed was comfy (except I should have requested 2 more pillows as ours were small - my bad!) and we loved the location of the hotel too. Our room had a nice view of St. Patrick's Cathedral - nice! Not too far away from museums, shops and the theatre district, but away from most of the noise of the city. The hotel was packed too, though we never waited long for room service in the mornings, or an elevator! I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!