Just stayed here as an extension to a business conference and got the conference rate of $250 a night to extend for two nights. For that price, this hotel is impossible to beat. Yet, I have read many other TA reviews where people are paying $500+ a night, even $1000 a night and for those prices this hotel is not 5 stars and it is simply not worth it. The location alone is worth a hefty premium. For a trip to Manhattan, work or business you cannot get a better location. The hotel itself, however, is a bit dated. The lobby is poorly designed and not well laid out. Checking in was fairly slow and the service was nothing to write home about it. The Pros and Cons:
1. Location, Location, Location- You can walk just about anywhere from this location. You are blocks away from the best shopping in the world. There are subway stations within two blocks. You are a 5 minute walk from Grand Central Station. It is a ten to fifteen minute walk to any place in Times Square. Also, there are terrific restaurants very close. One of the better steakhouses in the city is literally next door.
2. The Rooms and Views- We had a lovely view of Park Avenue and surroundings from a high floor. One of the better views at any hotel we have stayed. The bed was fabulous. The room was well appointment and large. As others have commented, the light controls for the rooms seem about 20 years outdated and the bathroom was nothing to write home about. The room itself was huge and spacious, but the bathroom was tiny in comparison. Oh, I guess I am still on the Pros of the hotel here!
1. Nothing special service- Except for the maid, most of the hotel employees were not very cheerful or helpful for that matter. The level of service did not match the other aspects of the hotel. The check-in process was not fast or easy.
2.Very expensive and so-so breakfast- the breakfast cost $60 and was nothing great. We took a look at it and went elsewhere. That is not a huge issue because there are many places to eat breakfast close by.
3. Price- Seems like the price of this hotel is all over the place and this makes sense for a NYC hotel based on supply/demand. This is a great hotel for less than $400 a night, but it is not worth more than that.
Overall, the location is great and depending upon what you pay, the hotel could be a great place to base your visit to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New York Palace stands at the intersection of contemporary luxury and classic elegance, boasting modern accommodations and landmark architecture in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The hotel’s collection of well-appointed guest rooms, sophisticated suites and luxurious Towers accommodations offers an array of amenities ideal for business travelers and leisure visitors alike. With some of Manhattan’s most spacious hotel rooms and a range of expansive suites, The Palace offers unrivaled New York City accommodations. Each newly renovated Towers suite comes with a stunning view of the Manhattan skyline, a large marble bathroom, and a wide range of upscale amenities, including Molton Brown products. The city’s signature sights sit just steps from the hotel, including Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the upscale shopping of Fifth Avenue, and the theaters of Broadway. Business and leisure travelers enjoy elite amenities in every room or suite, including high-speed Wi-Fi and broadband Internet access, plush bathrobes and linens, a fully stocked refreshment center, as well as access to a modern fitness center and selection of relaxing spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The New York Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Palace Hotel
- New York City Palace Hotel
- Palace Hotel New York
- Palace Hotel Nyc