“Five stars for the New York Palace!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Elevate Your Experience
Ranked #103 of 449 hotels in New York City
“Five stars for the New York Palace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The renovations look fantastic! What a fabulous lobby. From the moment we arrived until we checked out, the staff at the New York Palace were attentive! Our room was beautiful with a view of St. Patrick's Cathedral and all the way to Rockefeller Center. The location was just right. We were able to walk all over - Times Square, shopping, the theater...We can't wait to stay at the New York Palace again in the near future!

Terri B

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
CHARLESTON, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

1) Room was excellent, except for the bed poor (soft)
2) View was excellent (premier skyline room )
3) Common ares of the hotel are well maintained (clean)
4) New coffee shop is very nice staff is excellent
5) Courtyard needs to be maintained better than it is (keep it clean)
6) Main service was excellent
7) Elevators are very fast no long waits
8) Door man are always ready to help

Room Tip: Buy a metrocard for bus or subway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was here for a business meeting (and my first time in New York!) but from the time of my arrival on, I felt like Royalty - staff was great, offering help at every turn. Food was fabulous. The location is perfect - easy walking distance to Central Park, Times Square, etc. - great for someone not familiar with this area of the city. I would especially like to thank Guest Service Agent Bitan Haidar, who went out of his way to be friendly and helpful, despite the hectic time of day. He even arranged for hotel to send me a birthday card since I would be there on my birthday!! I hope someday I can return and enjoy more of this great hotel and it's wonderful staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Reba B,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am glad you had a great stay and that we helped making your birthday special. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Bitan.

scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

They have done a fine job with the refurb but disappointed that they have lost Club Floors. Had a very high room with great views of St Patricks and Rock Centre. Could do with Coffee and Tea making in Bedrooms. Gym is excellent with a large number of pieces of equipment. The Bell Staff and Concierge were excellent and really helpful,however the Reception was brusque and unfriendly.Room for improvement there!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room on higher floors with vies of St Patricks etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear johno 14,

I am glad to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay and is appreciative of our renovation. Thank you for your sincere feedback and for this great review.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I won the Cinderella on Broadway contest which included a 2 night stay at The Palace Hotel and dinner at the Villard Michel Richard Bistro. I truly felt like Cinderella, everything from check-in to check-out was wonderful! Beautiful hotel, room, friendly employees, a view of St. Patrick's Catherdral.....The service at Villard Michel Richard Bistro and food was beyond all my expectations! I would LOVE to have the opportunity to come back again and stay at this beautiful hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear laura c,

Thank you for this lovely review. I am happy that you had such a wonderful stay. Thank you for sharing your amazing experience and I hope to welcome you and your family back to The Palace.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Palace on two separate occassions - once during the winter of 2012 and recently over the 4th of July weekend. Both stays have been absolutely superb. All of the support staff are fantastic. During my first stay I loved the turndown chocolates. When I checked in I left a note for housekeeping asking if they still had some and was greeted with a huge bag upon my return (and continual throughout the stay).
The rooms are large, spacious and if you have a skyline or cathedral room, have an amazing view of Madison ave and down 51st street. The bathrooms are luxurious with plentiful Molten Brown bath accessories. The a/c was effective and room was very quiet.
Location wise for shopping and sightseeing it is fantastic. There are also plenty of good dining options close by ranging from quick and inexpensive to more refined dining. I will definitely keep this as my go to hotel when visiting NYC! Thank you for two amazing stays.

Room Tip: Try to book a Cathedral or Premier Skyline room - superb views!
Dear MRoberts 09,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at The New York Palace. I am so glad to hear that you had an amazing stay and that we are your favorite hotel in the city. I hope to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. The location was excellent, several blocks from Rockeffeler Center, walking distance to central park,(plaza hotel fountain and FAO Schwarts was a popular place to sit and people watch), one block from 5th ave and high end shops, St. Patricks Cathedral directly across the street and close to Radio City Music Hall, but hotel is in a quiet location. The rooms were bright and large with marble bathrooms and very comfortable beds. The service was superb and we really felt like royalty during our entire stay.

I travel frequently, read trip advisor reviews all the time but rarely write them, however I felt the need to write this one because our experience was so amazing. I took my daughter to celebrate her 10th birthday at American Girl Place and literally spent about two weeks trying to decide which hotel to stay at in Midtown. Even though we were on budget I decided to book the NY Palace because it was the closest to the AG store and 5th ave. The rate I got was not much higher and even better than some of the lower rated hotels in times square and other midtown hotels and I can honestly say if you are wavering over $50.00 or so this hotel is worth every penny all around. The lobby is beautiful with sculptures throughout. There is a beautiful outdoor area in the courtyard with tables for eating or just relaxing. The rooms are really bright and huge and we had a room with double beds which I found hard to find at other hotels we were considering. These things were important as we needed some downtime after sightseeing and walking around the city in the heat.

On a final note if you are celebrating a special occasion make sure you let the concierge or front desk know. Upon arrival they gave my daughter a box of chocolates and had chocolate covered strawberries and a card waiting in the room when we arrived along with a child size robe which made her feel really special. The entire staff everywhere we went interacted with her and truly showed an interest. I highly recommend this hotel!

Dear Amy Allie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you and your daughter had an amazing stay for her birthday.

I hope to welcome you back.

David Chase

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!