“Great sheets” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“Great sheets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Friendly staff with helpful suggestions for restaurants. Big room. Great view of St. Patricks and the most comfortable sheets I have experienced in a while. Very well located for 5th ave shopping. A new york landmark. Remember it as the Helmsley Palace

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear IPSAdvisor,

Thank you for writing the great review. I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Our first stay at the Palace. Mostly a very good experience with a few glitches.
First, the negatives:
A problem with the HVAC system was addressed quickly. Thermostat in room was not calibrated correctly, so I had to crank up the temp to 78 to get the system to switch from A/C to heat even tho temp in room was measured at 68. Maintenance came quickly to address problem.
Mechanical failure (bad flapper) in toilet very nearly resulted in a flood, if not for the quick actions of my husband. Called maintenance and explained urgency of situation. It took way too long for them to come up, especially since it was first thing in the morning and we needed to get ready to leave for the day. Once there, maintenance fixed problem pretty quickly.
My out of state kids ordered a bottle of champagne delivered to our room for my birthday. Unfortunately the bottle arrived late (despite several phone calls) - too late for us to enjoy it.
There was no booklet in the room detailing hotel services - where is the business center? what are restaurant hours? etc.
The positives:
Room was very large by NYC standard. Bed was extremely comforable. Other than toilet problem, bathroom was good. Free overnight shoe shine service. Room relatively quiet.
Bell staff - excellent.
Front desk also very good. Room was not available for early check in, but they called me as soon as it was ready.
Maintenance staff - very good, except for delay in response time.
Location - excellent. Directly across from St. Patrick's
Overall I would recommend the Palace and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear nutmegger31,

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review and provide us with this candid feedback. We will certainly address your comments with the team as a way to improve our services and continue to strive for the highest standards.

I am glad that your had a great overall stay. Thank you for staying with us and I and look forward to welcoming you back.

Delray Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed over the weekend with my wife for our anniversary and then stayed on a few nights for business alone. Clean, well decorated and for a hard to please person, I don't have anything negative to say. Great location as well and convenient to get around the rest of NYC. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bill G,

Thank you for your nice remarks. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay on both occasions and look very much forward to your next stay.

East Meadow, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our 6th year anniversary. The hotel was very nice and clean, staff was polite, rooms were excellent in size. Close to all places. We walked to our Broadway show and to dinner. We ended the night extra special by ordering dessert from room service :) Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Eileen P,

I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay and was happy with our rooms and location. Thank you for choosing The New York Palace to celebrate your very special 6th wedding anniversary.

I look forward to welcome you and your husband back to our hotel for another fantastic experience.

Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here on business. Holy potholes there are like trenches in the blocks around this hotel. Good customer service. Super expensive room service, figured I’d try it since living in NY all my life and I have never stayed in a hotel in the city. A truly beautiful hotel with amazing views. I checked in super late and I usually travel alone. It’s around 10:30 I get to my room and the key doesn’t work. I have a million things in my hand for my meeting the next day. People this whole key that you wave in front of the door…what’s next a retinal scan? Not a fan ANDDDD the TV was on. So I was pretty scared and certain I was going to walk in on someone. Don’t keep the TV on for guests, I don’t get it and it was loud enough where I really thought someone was occupying the room. The front desk should have let me drop off my things for the meeting the next day, when I came back down for my key they did take the things off my hands….maybe because I was sweating and starting to frizz. One problem the next day…some of the pens I brought for the meeting magically disappeared. Still don’t know what happened to them. We didn’t do a full lunch but the snacks were amazing but for a $10,000 minimum? They should have carried you around and included a foot massage.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear epoh84,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the New York Palace. I am glad to hear that you had an amazing stay and is so appreciative of our newly renovated rooms, the astonishing views and our superior service.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the TV volume in your room. Having our guest's comfort and convenience always in our minds, we have our operational system automatically turn on the TV the moment you check in at the Front Desk. We will however discuss your comments with our team to ensure that we can enhance our guest's experience.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Midlothian, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed at the Palace in February this year. During the Olympics. Would have been great to relax and watch the evening NBC replay of the day but for the first 2 days of our stay, the tv was not working. No positive response from the palace other than "sorry, we are working on it". Usually very responsive and service oriented, but not this trip. Also, the ice buckets and evening ice and turndown seem to have been removed with the remodel. Missed that service!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking StPatricks. Beautiful
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Connie2410,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and give us some feedback in regards to your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the TV issues you experienced due to the snow storm that has affected NYC this February and I am glad that we were able to correct the issue and prevent it from happening again.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic views from your room. Please be assured that we will discuss your comments in regards to your service concern and turndown service which we do provide complimentary on a daily basis to all our Towers guests.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again for another great stay.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The staff was incredibly responsive and helpful--my boyfriend needed pants pressed for an event the evening after we checked in, and they not only came to the room and picked up the pants but brought them back within 2 hours, well in time for the event. The room was exceptionally clean and well maintained, and when we called to request a late check out the front desk was exceptionally accommodating. The location is excellent, and our room had a fantastic view of St. Patrick's. We also enjoyed the bar, Trouble's Trust, for night caps and pre-dinner cocktails. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Mary A,

Thank you for your amazing review. I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed your room and the panoramic views immensely.

I hope to welcome you back for another wonderful stay.

David Chase

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!