“Weekend in NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Weekend in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Wonderful weekend at the NYC Palace Hotel, everything was excellent and staff very helpful on a very busy weekend. Brian Becker in Reservations and David Hyland in Concierge are the best. I have never been disappointed by the Palace

Room Tip: One bedroom suites with complimentary roll beds are great for older host with young guests. 3912 is...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
nypalace, General Manager at The New York Palace Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Susan M,

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and will certainly pass your compliments on to both David and Brian.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The New York Palace sometime in the future.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Ann Arbor MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spacious room, and especially spacious bath room for New York. Very nice amenities. Modernization/renovation appeared new and nice. Very good location for shopping and Broadway. Neighborhood seemed safe. Enjoyed a meal in one in-house restaurant. Overall one of my best experiences in NY hotel. Would select again. Only issue was slow, poorly organized check in. Front desk could be better, but concierge and check out we're excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear trbj,

Thank you for staying with us and for your sincere feedback. We always strive to maintain a great level of service and will most certainly take your feedback into consideration in order to improve our services.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and had an excellent experience overall.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the New York Palace.

Madison, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend for a work/Xmas shopping trip. The hotel is stunning and even our not-yet-renovated room was beautiful and comfortable. While it was a very busy weekend, there just wasn't the level of service and attention to detail from the staff that you would expect from this caliber of a Midtown hotel. For example, there was no turn-down service either night of our stay and the front desk staff gave me a message that was intended for another guest upon check-in.

Aside from these very "picky" details, our stay was great. The location cannot be beat. And, the property is beautiful. I'd consider staying again, but will first shop other hotels with reputations for high quality staff and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was a second stay at the New York Palace. Last trip we were upgraded to the Towers, the *****+ luxury rooms and suites. This year we stayed in the main hotel and it was equally luxurious and charming. This should be a 5* hotel.

Room Tip: View of the cathedral is spectacular
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ggraveswood,

Thank you kindly for staying at the New York Palace. I am so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great location! Can't beat it. Blocks to everything you want to see. Average rooms.....nothing special.
Front desk agent at check in, Ryan, truly showed the best customer service, professionalism and was a pleasure. Diego at concierge made wonderful recommendations and was also extremely nice. Because of these two, I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ColoradoF9FlyGuy,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and the service provided to you during your stay. I will most certainly pass your compliments on to Ryan and Diego.

Thank you for staying with us we look forward to welcoming you back.

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

What a terrible experience ! They advertise that all the 900 rooms are renewed...do not believe a word ! I had booked a king size room for me, my wife and my two years old son and because I'm extremely suspicious when hotels talk about complete renovations, I had also written the hotel reservation desk to specify my request for a newly updated room. Once we get to the hotel, they , of corse, tell us that the only rooms available are the old ones. I talk to two managers, one worst than the other, and they peasfully tell me that only hall of the hotel is renewed. I ask them to go their website to show,them that what he is telling me is not what they advertise. The security is around me....outside is zero degrees....my kids is crying.....it' 8,30 pm....what can I do ? I finish accepting the old room....Is it possible that in 2013 hotels like The Palace are still in business ?
Do not go !!!

Room Tip: Just don't go
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

What Can I say! You need to stay here. The hotel is Fantastic and just got a magnificent face lift. New and fresh for sure.. I have stayed in almost all the finest hotels in New York. The Palace trumps them all! no pun intended. The staff is simply incredible!! Can't say enough wonderful things. The Doorman, the best in Manhattan, period. I am hard to please and an old hotel nut. They won me over!!! Brian Honan in sales took amazing care of me over and above what was called for! never met me, but treated me as family couldn't ask for more! and everyone at the front desk was just plain helpful. After three decades of traveling to New York my first and last review of any hotel!! Stay here!! You won't regret it. Scott S. From Scottsdale, Arizona

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Scott S,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay and will certainly pass your compliments on to our staff.

I truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to The New York Palace.

David Chase

Been to The New York Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!