“Beautiful Boutique Hotel and Superbly Located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Martha Washington Hotel

You added Martha Washington Hotel to your Saves list
Martha Washington Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 East 29th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Formerly King & Grove New York) (Manhattan)   |
Special Deal
$50 Food Credit
Ranked #222 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Rome, Italy
“Beautiful Boutique Hotel and Superbly Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 2 nights to visit NYC with my in laws who are visiting from abroad. I found a good deal on a discount booking website and the hotel looked nice and the location seems good so I decided to go for it. It didn't disappoint. The hotel is very sleek and modern, with a trendy restaurant and bar area as soon as you walk in. The rooms are also sleek and modern and clean. The bathroom is spacious with a nice shower. The bed is ridiculously comfortable! The hotel staff was all very accommodating and helped immediately provide a crib for our baby, and accommodate our rooms on the same floor as my inlaws as well as making sure our reservations were seamless despite booking the two nights separately. The location was great too... off the hustle and bustle of Time Square but still an easy walk from it as well as all the other midtown tourist attractions, close to subway, and plenty of nice restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay again in the future.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chinchilla, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

First time to USA for my daughters 21st. Rooms are small but super clean, great decor & good size bathroom. Perfect location with 28St subway just around the corner. Book for restaurant Marta as it is very popular & delicious food. Renee the concierge is fantastic - ask her anything! She gave us wonderful wet weather alternatives that we loved & wouldn't have found ourselves. Eat at "Bread & Butter" for quick reasonable meals. Loved every minute of our stay here.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a wonderful hotel and great location! Very conveniently located in Midtown and short walk to subway to wherever you need to go. Room was generous by New York standards and well appointed. Bed was very comfy and linens top shelf. Front desk staff was very helpful and the restaurant in the lobby gives a great energy to the hotel the minute you step in the door. I spent 3 nights there in March while visiting family. It was my first stay, but will not be my last. I look forward to my next visit, where I know I'll have a lovely room and great service.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

On a tip, we reserved a room for a weekend in NYC. Hotel room was small but was immaculate and had wonderful decor. Old World charm meets cool, urban chic. Restaurant downstairs was fabulous; bar was generous with their pours. Hotel located in nice area with easy walk or subway ride to any borough. We will return!

Room Tip: ask concierge for a window looking onto street vs. rooftops of other buildings
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Out Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

the rooms are nice but very very small, and the4 lack of Focus at the reception is startling - there where Long lines and it took me a good 15 minutes to checking - at the same time the Concierge, not busy but Shopping for shoes on the Internet, when asked, explained she could not help ...

NY is a competitive place and maybe so crowded that Hotels fill themself by pure existence, if this is not the case, i like to suggest to Management to re-focus on the Client Needs and begin with checkin.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here in March and had a great 3 night visit. The atmosphere of the hotel is more energetic than others and the service was great. Stephen in particular was very helpful. While the rooms are small, most NYC rooms are. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here back in 2010 when it was hotel 30 30... Things have changed.. It's a really nice boutique hotel we stayed for 8 nights at the end of April 2015.. Check in was a late one, but staff are as quick as they can be.. I noticed the reception usually has only one member of staff on duty.. very rare when there is two or More Members, & the desk was always busy with guest.. We were always at the desk rebooting our door cards as they are very temperamental,, believe me it's pain in the butt when you get to the 12th floor & your card doesn't work. Rooms are average for NYC but comfortable and clean. flat screen TV Bed is very comfy loads of storage space with safe. I really don't get the hotel mini snacks bar display we obviously never used it, I mean who actually does ?? It's soooo ... expensive and I think it takes up to much space in your room ! example we had a fridge full of wine & champagne were we could have used that facilitie ourself to store our fruit drinks ect.. Ps another weird thing we had an iron & no iron board ( weird ) .. There are no facilities in your room for tea & coffee ☕ really ( are you kidding me) but note guys we did point this out to the desk and they will provide flask with hot water but you need to require about that (weird). But please note there is a Starbucks & deli ( bread and butter) at the corner of the street. Rooms are cleaned every day clean towels are provided I thought the design of bathrooms was awkward .. Shower door blocked the shower tap when I needed to switch it on .. Sink was tiny and a shelf was in the way when I cleaned my teeth .. Design was not thought out properly . There is a pizzeria restaurant & is very popular it's Busy ever night, infack it's top place to eat , so time out magazine said.. I don't mean to sound so negative it is a lovely hotel clean tidy and very helpful cheerful staff ..

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Martha Washington Hotel? Share your experiences!