“Very trendy, modern and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Martha Washington Hotel

You added Martha Washington Hotel to your Saves list
Martha Washington Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 East 29th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Formerly King & Grove New York) (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #241 of 457 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Very trendy, modern and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The time you go through the hotel door, you are showered with a great New Yorker atmosphere. An amazing Italian restaurant is located by the check in area and smells delicious. Music ambient and lively rooms full of people.
The location of the hotel is also perfect, halfway between Central Park and Wall Street, 2 mins from 5th avenue, Empire State building and shopping streets. Perfect location for who is in New York for the first time. I have stayed with my partner in the Kings room. The room is not that big, and the toilet is also pretty small with a very small sink, but very confortable and clean. Room contains locker and a fridge full of drinks and food. The room also have iron and iron board. Wifi internet worked very well and is complimentary.
Price was also ok for the standards of New York. Enjoy Martha Washington hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a king room. Was not too big but the bed was very good. The Kings room also had nic...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
North Salem, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Near our NYC office in the Flatiron district, I needed to stay a night in NYC to wait out another snow storm. Booked Martha Washington which I had noted on a few walks in the neighborhood, after 7 PM. The lobby has two areas, one a buzzing scene, restaurant & bar (good wine list by the glass), and a second quieter area with couches. The staff was friendly and ready to help. The room, modern look and great little bath & shower. Easy and strong WIFI and lots of outlets. I think they have been reading my praise & complaint postings about hotels. Breakfast was a wonderful surprise, fresh & healthy.
Good rate too. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Request far from street & elevators - this is a big and deep property
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I took our daughter to NYC last weekend to celebrate her birthday. My daughter had booked the Martha Washington hotel for us and I am glad she did. The hotel is conveniently located, guiet rooms, very friendly staff, great food and not overpriced. I would recommend it as a place to stay while visiting NYC.

Room Tip: The higher up the quieter the rooms.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wonderful weekend getaway at the Martha Washington Hotel. Great location. Recently renovated. Nice décor. The service was excellent. The employees, especially our Bellman, Stephen, couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Amenities include hotel bar and restaurant on the ground level and a fitness center. Beds were super comfortable.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am pleased to recommend this hotel for other travelers :) I arrived the hotel at around AM 1:00 and I had some trouble with shuttle driver due to voucher printing. However, employees, Shelley and Phipps helped me very instantly so that I could start NY travel with a generous and considerate service of the Martha Washington Hotel. Furthermore, while staying, I could not forget other help from Sam. Thanks all!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
MarthaWashintongNYC, Manager at Martha Washington Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Havebeenpp,

Thank you for your kind review of Martha Washington. Our team is dedicated to superior guest service and I am glad Shelley, Sam and Phipps were able to provide you a great experience. We hop you are able to stay with us again soon.

John Beck
Director of Front Office Operations
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Pros: the location just off Park Avenue South is incredibly convienent for the #6 subway, NoMad, and other lower Midtown attractions. Nicely-decorated lobby and restaurant area. Friendly staff.

Cons: I had to relocate at midnight from my third-floor room because of the screaming group conversation just below the fire escape outside my window. Moved to a sixth-floor room on the other side of the building that was much quieter. (Lesson: low-floor, even-numbered rooms in the front portion of the building are to be avoided.) Both rooms were very oddly-shaped (not unusual for Manhattan hotels in older buildings), and the room decor was sparse and utilitarian. Not the level of renovation that I was expecting.

Did not eat at hotel or use gym facilities, so cannot comment. $150 pet fee is quite high.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Mdrpov,

Thank you for reviewing the Martha Washington. We are glad you enjoyed our nicely decorated lobby and friendly staff. We pride ourselves in our service and we are glad you found our staff superior.

John Beck
Director of Front Office Operations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Nice hotel with good service and nice location. The bathroom could have been better and we had some air quality issues. Unfortunately there is only few restaurants nearby. The restaurant at floor level seems to be very popular, but we decided to skip it, because it was very noisy, presumably due to bad acoustics. Our included breakfast was simple, but the toast was delicious.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Martha Washington Hotel? Share your experiences!