“BAD” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   127 West 28th Street, **Rooftop & Restaurant -Under Renovation**, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #178 of 451 hotels in New York City
Phoenix, Arizona
“BAD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked a stay at this 4 star hotel for a special occasion. When we arrived the lobby was covered in plastic for construction. The restaurant was under construction and not available. We were not informed of this prior to our reservation. The pipes rattled every time someone flushed a toilet. The hotel could even give us wake up calls after we requested them on two consecutive nights. They promised us the second night that we would get one the next morning - NONE. The mattress was hard. The hotel is not worth the money for the place and service and should be listed as a 2 stars tops.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Chad R,

Thank you for your review on your hotel experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and can completely understand the frustration that may have occurred. To address your issues we have had the pipes looked at first thing at the start of the week. We have also made sure that our automated wake up call servers have been checked. In regards to the renovations, we do have it posted on our websites that our restaurant is under renovations. On Tuesday, October 15th, our restaurant is in full operation once again. All renovations have been completed. I have taken note of your uncomfortable bed, as this will be addressed right away to housekeeping. I have placed my phone number below for your reference as I have not received a phone call in regards to your stay and would love the opportunity to talk. I hope we can have a discussion about your stay and again thank you for leaving your comments for us to act on.

Mariam Dar
646-484-4338

865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great location with oustanding service from frontdesk Nicole! Walking distance to many place's. Restaurant were not open at this time, but was okay by us.Thanks again and we will see you soon!...............................

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Amazing one night stay at the Hotel Indigo. Very friendly front desk staff/bellman. Rooms were HUGE! We had a room on the 11th floor. The only thing I can complain about was the subpar breakfast buffet, but it was free during our stay. Beggars cant be chooser. Otherwise it was an amazing stay, will def be returning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here for two nights over a busy weekend. Check in was easy and fast, I was in my room within five minutes. The room is larger than most NYC rooms in this price range. Overall awesome stay and great service...will be back again!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Fairfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

After being knocked to the ground by a speeding cyclist coming from Penn Station, the front desk at the Hotel Indigo were so attentive! They immediately got me an ice pack, extra ice in a plastic bag and took our bags to our room. When I came down later, they asked how I was feeling and offered their services if I needed anything else.
The bell boys went out of their way to hail a cab for us, going all the way to the cross street as we were there during UN General meeting week and everything was gridlock!
The rooms were CLEAN (yes small--but all we do there is watch TV, unwind, sleep and shower), comfy and accommodating.
I will (and already have) recommended it to a friend.

Room Tip: We were in the front and the noise did not bother me. We were on the 4th floor but i enjoy looking o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over 2 nights for a shopping trip with a friend. We were given a room on the 4th floor but found it noisy so we were moved to the 10th floor after one night. As stated in previous reviews the rooms are small but clean. The second morning of our stay the phone rang a 7 am. My friend answered ,the person on the phone said she was calling from the lobby and needed to confirm credit card information. Without thinking my friend gave her credit card number, then became suspicious and went down to the front desk. The person at the front desk said he knew nothing of the call, she called the credit card company an unauthorized charge had already been posted but the charge was reversed and the card cancelled. The staff on duty could not have cared less about this scam. They said it happens all the time. When I asked how the call got to our room they said the phone service may have been hacked. Another explanation was that we were targeted because we are Canadian. There was no attempt by the hotel to report this attempted fraud to the authorities or warn other guests. When my friend spoke to the hotel manager she asked her what she expected her to do about it. Over all we were left with the impression that the hotel staff was in on the scam. I have gone on line and discovered that this has happened at other hotels around the country, in most instances the the hotel reports the crime to the authorities and take measures to make sure it does not happen again. I cannot reccomend this hotel and would advise others to stay away. A crime was committed on hotel property and no action was taken to prevent it from happening again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear travelmomOntario,

Thank you for your review on your hotel experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and can completely understand the frustration that may have occurred. To address your issues we have contacted our main switchboard to screen incoming calls to our hotel. I have placed my phone number below for your reference as I have not received a phone call in regards to your stay and would love the opportunity to talk. I hope we can have a discussion about your stay and again thank you for leaving your comments for us to act on.

Mariam Dar
646-484-4343
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

First off we were in NY from September 12-17th to get married. Both Arturo and Karen were absolutely fantastic and made us feel so comfortable and welcomed. Our room was kept very clean and everyone was always extremely attentive and payed close attention to detail. We will be back and I look forward to seeing the staff at Hotel Indigo Chelsea. Thank you for making our wedding stay so memorable.

Toni & Val

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room. We were on the 11th floor and the noise was very minimal.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea? Share your experiences!