“Meh...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea

You added Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   127 West 28th Street, Restaurant and Rooftop Now Open, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #201 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Meh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip. When I arrived, I had 3 bags and the Taxi driver honked his horn about 5 times to get the attention of someone to come help me but that proved useless. After lugging all my bags in, two of the staff members were holding what sounded to be a personal conversation about their plans later and just sort of ignored the fact that I existed. The man who helped me was friendly though so he gets an A+. I otherwise didn't really interact with them all that much which is strange considering the length of time I was there. The hotel restaurant didn't suite my taste but was very nice from what I could see.

The rooms are small but this is New York City so I'm sure that's to be expected. The housekeeping was okay for the most part. Read as: the room was clean. Every day I was losing towels - I started with 2 bath towels, a hand towel, and a wash cloth. Day 2 I lost my hand towel. Day 3 I lost a bath towel. It was strange. I also realized about the 3rd day that in order to have the trash can under the desk cleaned out, I had to put it in the middle of the walkway. The WiFi was awful. I was on the 5th floor (it's a 16flr hotel) and couldn't get but 1 bar on my brand new iPad. My laptop managed 2 bars - enough to get onto Facebook and check some emails. But overall I can rate my WiFi experience at a 1. The "gym" was very tiny ... again ... NYC. And I never made it to the rooftop bar.

It was incredibly loud for my entire trip. I was right next to the housekeeping closet and it was either that or the stairway door but people were just in and out all the time and the slamming was ridiculous.I could hear other guests through the vent in my bathroom so clearly that I could have participated in their conversation (even with the door shut). And forget about sleeping in; Nearby construction started at about 7 am every single day and was LOUD.

The hotel location was great, it was nice walking down the street through the fresh flowers each day but I spent as little time at the hotel as was possible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear AuntBethi37,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate any feedback positive or negative, and will do our best to address any issue. Please accept my sincerest apologies for certain mishaps during your stay. I have brought this up in my monthly meeting with my staff and have forward on over your comments regarding your room to the respected departments.

Thank you very much for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you find yourself back in the city.

646-484-4329

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Good location, Has a subway line just steps from the hotel door. It's right in the flower district, so it's nice to walk among flowers when getting back to the hotel. Close to madison square garden. Not the prettiest street in Manhattan, but not the worse either. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and spacious for a NYC hotel. Looks like it's brand new or just remodelled. Staff is friendly. Free Wifi. Business center and Fitness center located in the basement. I have no complaints about this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pepito506,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. It is always nice to hear guest feedback regarding our location and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the many flower shops around the hotel in the morning hours! We are looking forward to having you return. Below is my contact information.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have to disagree with previous comment. We stayed for 9 nights and had excellent service. The rooms are compact, but we didn't spend long in them as we were out enjoying New York. Complimentary WiFi is a plus.

Room Tip: The higher you go the quieter it is.
Dear Emily L,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff. If you find yourself in NYC again, I hope you will come back. Below is my contact information.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Although the location is great, this is not a 4 star hotel. I wish I would have listened to the other reviews. Service was terrible. Housekeeping never answers their phone & front desk is rude. We had to call several times to get towels. The air conditioner broke & maintenance offered to bring us a fan! Beds are not attached to the wall so they move all over the place. Walls were dirty. Overall a bad experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Jen11111345,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate any feedback positive or negative, and will do our best to address any issue. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience with the staff and your room. I will be sure to bring this up in our monthly meeting next week with the front desk, for this is definitely an issue to discuss. I will also forward on your comments to our housekeeping department as well.

Thank you very much for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you would like to discuss further.

Statesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very friendly staff, efficient check-in/check out, nice perks for Priority Club Platinum members, and fast elevators. Very comfy mattresses, nice shower, Aveda bath products. Main front doors are very heavy to open, wish they were automated. ONE ice machine for the whole hotel located on the floor below the lobby. Business center PC's and printer worked great for flight check-in, boarding pass printing, etc. Fitness center was small but well equipped given the space. Rooftop bar, one of the main reasons we chose this location, was closed for renovation.

Having stayed at many Indigo's this one feels like it's "barely" an Indigo. It's very tall and narrow, so things are pretty crowded--service carts crowd the business center/fitness area & guest floors around the elevator at certain times of the day, etc. It feels like there is just not enough space for everything. The rooms could use more electrical outlets around the desk & bedside tables, like the kind on lamp bases many places have now. The TV system can be fussy. Most Indigo's I have stayed in are "inspiring" in their design but this one feels like all the other tall/skinny hotels dotting the city but with Indigo wall paper. It's just missing the architectural extras that make Indigo special. Outside at night are constant car alarms, trucks beeping and backing up, dumpsters slamming--all the usual big city sounds which the hotel can't control. I was on the 17th floor and heard them all.

Overall it was a nice hotel, no real problems, but I'm used to more from Indigo in terms of design. If I had to stay in the area again, I would compare rates with the similar Holiday Inn a street over (Indigo and Holiday Inn are part of the same parent company).

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

While overall it was a comfortable and clean hotel, the location is actually in the Flower District and it was an unexpected disappointment that the roof top bar was under construction. In summary, a nice hotel and a good place to stay, but nothing stand out to push it into the above average tier of hotel choices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Nicole B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the rooftop being out of service. It will be under renovations until further notice due to the many storms that hit us over the past few months. We have taken down the rooftop bar information from our website so people will not see it.

Thank you very much for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you would like to stay with us in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights at the end of a tour round the US east coast.

The price was high and did not include breakast, but given the size of rooms in NYC we've experienced in the past, the room here was really pretty big, clean and well equipped with mini-bar etc etc. The location was also good (if the street itself is a little ugly - it is NY remember) and had plenty of options for breakfast. The wifi was the fastest we'd had on the trip.

We ordered a snack from room service which ended up being some pretty poor salsa and tortilla's which was a bit disappointing given everything else about the hotel being decent.

Overall, it's a bit on the expensive side, but was more or less exactly what we wanted it to be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear tluamiani,

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel. I'm truly delighted you liked your room accommodations and internet service. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations particularly with the room rates and food selections you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back upon returning to the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea? Share your experiences!