“Not a four star hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   127 West 28th Street, **Rooftop & Restaurant -Under Renovation**, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #198 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not a four star hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is not a four star hotel. . The TV didn't work, nor did the air conditioner. When we were comped $15 of mini bar items, we realized the mini bar was broken. Nothing in it was cold. The front desk people were not polite.

There is no valet parking so we had to walk a block in the rain to get our car.

The positives were the restaurant was very good, the parking was $15, and the bellhop was courteous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Mary H,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for no assistance with your car and the rude service you received during your stay. We do have valet at the hotel and I am surprised that no one assisted you with this. Regarding your Mini Bar fridge and TV, we have had engineering go through each room last week to make sure all is well and working.

Feedback to us at the Hotel Indigo is very important and we take all guest comments seriously. Thank you for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you would like to further discuss your stay.

646-484-4329

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Summary:
Stayed here on PC points two weeks before Christmas with my wife. Brilliant location yet on a pretty quiet street. Walkable to the entire City with subway 2 minutes away.

Pro's:
Small and friendly hotel.
Staff are excellent.
Very conveniently located.
Big, bright rooms. Request a high room for a brilliant view.

Con's:
It's not cheap, but in NYC, you're better off going for quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hello

I LOVED staying at this hotel!! For the price it was AAAMMMAZING!

free wifi?
big comfy beds?
nice clean modern bathroom?

check check check :)

i would 100% stay here again!!!!

and the staff was AWESOME!

...just check and see if the construction is done next door :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice hotel at a reasonable (for NYC) price. It was my first time in NYC so I can't necessarily compare it to other hotels in the city, but the rooms were clean and modern, although on the small side. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the location and felt it was easy to get around to the different parts of NYC we travelled to while visiting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here as my husband is a priority club member and collects the points . We had previously stayed at other hotels in New York with the chain , and thought we would give this one a try .
Rooms quite small (but then again it is NYC) - particularly for a family of 4 including 2 teens. Bathroom has shower ( but no tub if you like a soak at the end of the day) . The hotel is very clean and very boutique hotel style. Situated in fashionable Chelsea and just around the corner from FIT (fashion Institute of Technology) , and the area of the flower district , so the whole street in the morning has many displays of fresh flowers on the kerbside.
There is an on site restaurant "China Latina" which is also a bar , and Fri and Sat nights has a very young vibe as the 20 and 30 somethings gather for their weekend eve out.
We did sit in the bar one night , but during the week it seemed to lack character .
All in all a good base for Viewing the rest of New York.

Room Tip: The upper rooms are better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have to start this review by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH to Arturo and the entire staff at The Hotel Indigo!! My fiance was away working for our 11th anniversary so we didn't get to spend the day together... I wanted to make it special for him (since we are getting married this coming July 4!!) so I looked through tons and tons of hotels in the Chelsea area and finally found this AMAZING HOTEL. First of all, the price was great for a Friday night ($199 before tax) and it looked so cool in the pictures, I just had to call and see their availability. I ended up booking the room on booking.com (which was great, inexpensive and VERY EASY to work with by the way...) and then called the hotel to ensure my reservation was there. The man I spoke with was soooo nice and accommodating and was a very pleasant person to talk to. He ensured me that my reservation was in the system and I proceeded to ask him A MILLION questions about the hotel and the area and he never flinched!!! Soooo nice and patient with me (a random girl from Delaware who is absolutely clueless when it comes to NYC!) and when I asked him to do some sort of flower arrangement on the bed as a surprise, he and the team at the hotel ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT!!! When I called on Friday morning, I spoke with Arturo and told him that we were coming from DE and that I wanted to make this anniversary celebration extra special for my fiance. He proceeded to upgrade us to A SUITE FOR FREE and also gave us 2 complimentary drinks at the bar in the lounge downstairs....INCREDIBLE! But here is the best part....when we got there, we walked in the room and the entire suite smelled like beautiful, long-stemmed hot pink roses....there were petals all the way from the door to the bed and they made a huge heart on the bed with a dozen of the roses in the middle. As if that wasn't enough, they even took some of the petals and arranged them all over the sink and left one single, cut rose in the middle.....it was absolutely beautiful and soooo romantic.

That night when we returned from dinner at Son Cubano (very cool spot....awesome ambiance, great Cuban food and the BEST Champagne Strawberry Sangria EVER!!) we went to the front desk to ask for recommendations for a late night pizza spot and the girl at the desk was sooo helpful. She knew a great spot who delivered the pizza super fast and was so nice about it!

The next morning we woke up (after sharing two pitchers of sangria, then drinking 2 margaritas and 2 gin and tonics each the night before, mind you!!) and we were so hopeful that we could get a late check out. We didn't expect that they would honor our request, as how good could this place possibly be? They had already done all these other wonderful things and we thought they must have some flaw, right?! WRONG. The girl who answered the phone was so perky and upbeat and when I asked if we could have a late check out (while cringing in expectation of her "not without a fee" response) she said "Sure! What time would you like to check out?" I was astonished. They let us check out at 2pm on a Saturday in New York City!!! Unheard of. And when we left, the girl at the front desk (sorry I cannot remember everyone's name!!) asked how our night was and if we enjoyed the flowers and everything. Incredible. I am telling you, I think everyone who works at Hotel Indigo knew about our special surprise night and made it a point to be involved in making it amazing for us!! I have never been to a hotel with nicer, more accommodating, thoughtful and considerate employees and I hope their management sees this and realizes how special his/her team is. They are absolutely unbelievable and I will make sure we stay at this hotel many, many more times in the future!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH HOTEL INDIGO STAFF!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

LOVE, Robert Hartshorn and Ashley Finch (soon to be Ashley HARTSHORN!!!)

P.S. Everything was so great here that I forgot to rate the room itself, haha. Oops!! The bed was about the most comfortable one I have ever had in a hotel and they provided plenty of pillows. There was a small fridge stocked with several bottles of alcohol as well as sodas that can be purchased. There was a nice hair dryer in the bathroom, which also included dual sinks and a stall shower. The decor in this hotel is really modern and well appointed and everything was very clean and well taken care of. Apparently, the lounge/bar downstairs gets pretty crowded late at night (at least on the weekends) which was kind of a cool surprise when we got home from dinner) and they also have a pool and spa which we did not have time to use, but I'm sure it is beautiful. The only thing we didn't get to experience that we would have liked to is the rooftop bar, but it was closed for renovations and will be opened I think in May....hey, all the more reason to come back and stay again, right?!! As aforementioned, the staff at this hotel makes this place wonderful and is its greatest asset, but the building and decor itself are not too shabby either!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Ashley F,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay us and the special amenities that sent up to your room this past weekend. Special celebrations are indeed important and we are joyed to hear such awesome feedback! I will pass along your kind words to Arturo, as well as the rest of the front desk team here that made your stay with us memorable. Thank you very much for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you would like to stay with us in the future.

Oh, and Congratulations to you and Robert Hartshorn!!!

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel has a good location but it's difficult to get a cab as there are no taxi stands nearby so what u can have is wait for someone off the cab, have to reserve more time in this part especially in the morning and evening.
The room is clean but the hardware are not that "new".
Service is just so so and definitely it's a business hotel for those who come and go to NY quickly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mung M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate any feedback positive or negative, and will do our best to address any issue. Unfortunately, in NYC, taxis can't be called, nor can they be reserved. We can call a town car for you to meet you at a specific time, but other than that, all taxis are usually waved down street side. I'm sorry that our bellman could not be of assistance when you needed help waving a taxi. Thank you for staying with us and thank you again for your honest feedback. Below is my contact information if you would like to further discuss your stay.

646-484-4329

Been to Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea? Share your experiences!