“easy and average for a quick stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea

You added Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   127 West 28th Street, Restaurant and Rooftop Now Open, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #193 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Hong Kong
“easy and average for a quick stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel has a good location but it's difficult to get a cab as there are no taxi stands nearby so what u can have is wait for someone off the cab, have to reserve more time in this part especially in the morning and evening.
The room is clean but the hardware are not that "new".
Service is just so so and definitely it's a business hotel for those who come and go to NY quickly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Mung M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate any feedback positive or negative, and will do our best to address any issue. Unfortunately, in NYC, taxis can't be called, nor can they be reserved. We can call a town car for you to meet you at a specific time, but other than that, all taxis are usually waved down street side. I'm sorry that our bellman could not be of assistance when you needed help waving a taxi. Thank you for staying with us and thank you again for your honest feedback. Below is my contact information if you would like to further discuss your stay.

646-484-4329

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Calling this a four-star hotel is absurd. It was nothing but disappointing from the moment I arrived, when I waited so long for a valet to appear that I finally had to call the hotel to ask someone to come outside. Even then, he stood by while I lugged all of my bags out of the car into the lobby, with no offer to help from him or anyone else, even though there was a luggage cart within sight. (Same problem during check-out, with three employees watching me stumble through the lobby with three bags and hanging clothes.)

The rooms are fine, nothing special. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean.

The restaurant looks like it has seen better days: cracked paint everywhere, filthy carpets, disinterested staff. Don't bother.

Overall I am very disappointed that I paid a four-star hotel rate for this wannabe boutique hotel. I travel to NYC often and would rank this among my least favorite stays ever. I will not go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear TravelGuyBos,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate any feedback positive or negative, and will do our best to address any issue. Please accept my sincerest apologies for no assistance with your bags as you were checking in or out. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the respected departments. Thank you for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you would like to further discuss your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have a special spot reserved for Indigo and try to live in this brand as much as possible when I'm traveling. This hotel in Chelsea keeps the great taste of interior decoration. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, and staff are super friendly. Free wifi!!! Given how convenient the location is (in Chelsea and very close to all the art galleries and Highline), Indigo is affordable. Easy to get to everywhere you want to go in Manhattan, by foot, by train or by car.

Recommend it!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Gloria H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are pleased that our hotel suited your needs! Thank you for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you would like to stay with us in the future.

Ridgeland, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days for a business trip... Room was very cramped and small... Paint was peeling off the ceilings.. Room number was 501... I was not very impressed and felt like I was over charged for the quality of the hotel... I think the room was too small.. When we got to the hotel we were told that they did not have anymore 2 bed rooms even though that's what we were told we would get... The hotel is very close to a subway station and is centrally located... This is a 3 star hotel, not a four. The coffee maker was nice. The room was very noisy during the day. The TV had issues. The bed was clean and of average comfort. The king size bed dominated the room.. The staff was helpful... Check in and checkout was fast and easy... I would not stay here again with the expectation that this is a four star property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Allen T,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate any feedback positive or negative, and will do our best to address any issue. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the paint peeling in your room. Our engineers have been sent up to inspect that room. In regards to your reservation that came in for 2 beds, the front desk always tries to accomodate any requests made. If you booked through a third party, the rooms given are usually run of the house rooms. If you didn't specifically pay for a room with two beds, depending on our occupancy, we would or would not be able to put you in a requested room biased on availability. My sincerest apologies if you were not pleased with your stay beyond that. Your comments, however, are great feedback. Thank you for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I travel to NYC on busieness a few times a year, and try to stay in different parts of town. This time (for one night in March 2013) I stayed in Chelsea & at Hotel Indigo.

The hotel is located in the middle of the wholesale flower district with a minimalist lobby. The check-in process was fast and easy. I got there very early (7 AM) due to a Red-Eye flight, but the front desk was kind enough to let me go to the room prior to the actual check-in time of 3 pm which was much appreciated and allowed me to rest a little before a full day's worth of meetings.

The room was a good size, with fresh decorations, and Latest tech. Bathroom was also done tastefully with high end amenities.

I didn't use the restaurant, but had a great pizza @ Waldy's Pizza which is a block away from the hotel (it was recommended by the staff at the hotel). One of the best pizzas I have had in a long time!

As for Chelsea and the area, it is very close to Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, and Union Station and not as touristy as some other parts of the city.

All in all, a good property, great value, and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear magicmard,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had a seamless check-in experience and that you liked our spa style bathrooms with Aveda products. I will pass along your comments to the respected departments and we look forward to your stay with us again in the future! Thank you for staying with us. Below is my contact information if you may need anything.

Amherst, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Located in the flower district, the 28th street subway is close by. The room itself was quite tight with attractive Asian influenced decor. The bed was king sized and we had a coffee maker. The bathroom was adequately spacious. We were located at the back of the building, surrounded on all sides. Even so it was quite noisy - to be expected I suppose in the city. The heating in the room was also quite loud every time it kicked in. We tried the china Latina fusion restaurant and breakfast prices ranged from $10 for yogurt with granola, and upwards. Now to the price - big ouch at approx $350 per night. Apparently this is a very busy time in NYC and there wasn't much available so there we were. In summary, it is a conveniently located hotel. Noise can be an issue. The room was tight, attractive and clean but very expensive. Sorry about the swimming pool. Again my butter fingers accidentally hit it and I don't know how to unselect it. I don't even know if there is a pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Niah707,

Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ancaster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay location is great. For a four star I was expecting big entrance but everything is a bit small but for NY it is probably good. I would recommend but would not pay more than $150 for a room

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea? Share your experiences!