“Ok location, great price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   127 West 28th Street, **Rooftop & Restaurant -Under Renovation**, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #180 of 451 hotels in New York City
Hong Kong, China
“Ok location, great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in February. The price was fantastic, which helped to make our decision. The room was actually fairly nice. The bed is on wheels and does slide around. We were in room in 906, which had no view. There is a good size safe in the room, and the shower is only an overhead type. The problem though is the pressure is on the weak side.

Also, the room only comes with one set of towels. To resolve this, I would swing by the gym (LL) and grab another full size towel each day.

We did not deal much with the staff, but all dealings with them were nice.

There was some snow while we stayed there and the street became quite icey. The hotel did a good job of keeping the area clear in front of the hotel. The construction site next door meant having to wade onto the slushy street to make the way to 6th Avenue.

I know its not the hotel's responsibility, but it would be nice if the hotels along the street de-iced the whole sidewalk. That's a wish list item.

The TV in the room has 150 channels, and it seems almost half of them are in Spanish.

I would definitely recommend the hotel if you can get a low rate, it's a strong value.

Room Tip: Room 906 has no view. Not sure what floor you have to hit to start seeing stuff.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Azhkman,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our property on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Regarding the snow throughout the block, we are unfortunately are not able to shovel beyond our property. We can, however give our neighboring hotels and shops a call to de-ice their properties. Please let me know personally if you will be staying with us again and we appreciate any feedback!

Best Regards,
Mariam Dar
646-484-4329

867 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very enjoyable stay. Helpful staff, clean, comfortable room, great room service. China Latina restaurant in the lobby does the room service. The food is excellent and quite reasonably priced. Good location, very convenient to most things. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New London, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Although the rooms are fairly nice, the management of this hotel is terrible. I had a major problem during my stay. I complained to Indigo's customer service, they told me hotel management would call me back within2 days. After a week, I called Indigo again. They again promised a call within two days. After another week I called Indigo for a third time and the checked with the hotel's management and told me the hotel was not going to call me back. I would have expected better customer service than this. Frankly, I'm sure a discount motel would have called me back right away. Avoid this overpriced hotel at all costs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear George M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
flippyflops88
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Glass, the hotel's rooftop bar, is AMAZING! I attended the venue for an open mic and had a great time. The service was impeccable. The bartenders were personable, which is really hard to find in the city, as well as a very hospitable manager.
I would without a doubt return to this venue over and over again. Because I was so impressed with the service, I almost forgot to mention the beautiful view. Even in the winter, they leave a space for you to take a look at the skyline of NYC. A beautiful and warming bar and I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was at the Hotel Indigo for an event in the bar, January 17th, I didn't know what to expect from the place. I first walked into the lobby and was very impressed. I then proceeded to go upstairs to the bar for a charity open-mic. The rooftop bar looked great. The space itself, is very big, heated, modern and yet comfortable. The view from the bar was awesome and the bartenders were generally nice guys who I ended up chatting with. All in all, I had a great time there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I helped organize a benefit concert at the rooftop bar of the Hotel Indigo back in January that went fabulously. Everything from setting up to breaking down the event could not have been made easier with the help of the friendly front desk staff and one of the managers, Shaun Smith. He was also kind enough to let the event run past the time scheduled. Another manager, Mar, also allowed sound equipment to be stored at the hotel for a later pickup time. A better venue for the concert, with its cool ambiance and beautiful views of the Manhattan skyline, could not have been picked. I highly recommend the rooftop bar for hosting private events, whether they be casual get-togethers or formal affairs. Huge thanks to Shaun, Mar, and the rest of the hotel and bar staff for making my organization's event such a success!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel Indigos are colorful, modern, and not the cookie-cutter boring sameness that permeates so many chain hotel/motel chain rooms. Hotel Indigo in the Chelsea and "garment district" section of lower Manhattan continues this model in an area that is "changing" from 100% commercial during the day and empty at night into an area that is becoming more residential with more human activities after 5:00: restaurants and shopping. Within one block of this Hotel Indigo are three other "small" new hotels {Each is on a small footprint but is 17+ stories high with only 6 rooms/floor]. , stores, For most light/air ask for a room on a high floor; Rooms on the street side of the hotel will also have more light. Restaurant has limited and overpriced menu. Rooftop bar would be more pleasant if the volume of the music were kept to lower levels. "Off the beaten track" but still in central Manhattan. Give it a try,

Room Tip: High floor, street side
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill M, Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear wharfinger,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel. We are happy to hear your positive remarks and your overall satisfaction with our hotel and area. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future. Fell free to contact me if you have any question or need any assistance. Thank you again,

Bill Mehalco
646-484-4329

Been to Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea? Share your experiences!