“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea

You added Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   127 West 28th Street, Restaurant and Rooftop Now Open, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #217 of 464 Hotels in New York City
New London, New Hampshire
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Although the rooms are fairly nice, the management of this hotel is terrible. I had a major problem during my stay. I complained to Indigo's customer service, they told me hotel management would call me back within2 days. After a week, I called Indigo again. They again promised a call within two days. After another week I called Indigo for a third time and the checked with the hotel's management and told me the hotel was not going to call me back. I would have expected better customer service than this. Frankly, I'm sure a discount motel would have called me back right away. Avoid this overpriced hotel at all costs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear George M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
flippyflops88
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Glass, the hotel's rooftop bar, is AMAZING! I attended the venue for an open mic and had a great time. The service was impeccable. The bartenders were personable, which is really hard to find in the city, as well as a very hospitable manager.
I would without a doubt return to this venue over and over again. Because I was so impressed with the service, I almost forgot to mention the beautiful view. Even in the winter, they leave a space for you to take a look at the skyline of NYC. A beautiful and warming bar and I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was at the Hotel Indigo for an event in the bar, January 17th, I didn't know what to expect from the place. I first walked into the lobby and was very impressed. I then proceeded to go upstairs to the bar for a charity open-mic. The rooftop bar looked great. The space itself, is very big, heated, modern and yet comfortable. The view from the bar was awesome and the bartenders were generally nice guys who I ended up chatting with. All in all, I had a great time there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I helped organize a benefit concert at the rooftop bar of the Hotel Indigo back in January that went fabulously. Everything from setting up to breaking down the event could not have been made easier with the help of the friendly front desk staff and one of the managers, Shaun Smith. He was also kind enough to let the event run past the time scheduled. Another manager, Mar, also allowed sound equipment to be stored at the hotel for a later pickup time. A better venue for the concert, with its cool ambiance and beautiful views of the Manhattan skyline, could not have been picked. I highly recommend the rooftop bar for hosting private events, whether they be casual get-togethers or formal affairs. Huge thanks to Shaun, Mar, and the rest of the hotel and bar staff for making my organization's event such a success!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel Indigos are colorful, modern, and not the cookie-cutter boring sameness that permeates so many chain hotel/motel chain rooms. Hotel Indigo in the Chelsea and "garment district" section of lower Manhattan continues this model in an area that is "changing" from 100% commercial during the day and empty at night into an area that is becoming more residential with more human activities after 5:00: restaurants and shopping. Within one block of this Hotel Indigo are three other "small" new hotels {Each is on a small footprint but is 17+ stories high with only 6 rooms/floor]. , stores, For most light/air ask for a room on a high floor; Rooms on the street side of the hotel will also have more light. Restaurant has limited and overpriced menu. Rooftop bar would be more pleasant if the volume of the music were kept to lower levels. "Off the beaten track" but still in central Manhattan. Give it a try,

Room Tip: High floor, street side
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill M, Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear wharfinger,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel. We are happy to hear your positive remarks and your overall satisfaction with our hotel and area. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future. Fell free to contact me if you have any question or need any assistance. Thank you again,

Bill Mehalco
646-484-4329
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been staying in nyc on business for the last few months so i think i have a good handle on what you can get for your money.

The indigo is without doubt the best priced hotel hotel for the quality of rooms.
It is on par with the eventi and thompson les. The rooms are new, the linen is good and you can even open the window which i love. The area is not the best nor the worst but it is midtown and the subway is not so far. I walked easily to Union square.

The down side. The desk staff and resteraunt staff while nice enough were frankly amateur. I had the impression that they were either new to the jobs or had received zero training. During my check in i could not believe the state of the check in desk. it was a mess. I think the remains of somebodys lunch was visible. I had never seen this anywhere else.

It was suprised at the quality of the room vs what i had experienced at check in. Normally you get dissappointed when you see the room this was the opposite.

I would politely say to the manager make sure the check in desk creates a better experience
and impresson. After this i would ask have he staff received training ? -- I am a customer on business i dont expect to be greated with a ' whats up'.

This hotel has the makings of something very good ... but the staff currenty do not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at back. Breakfast was an odd expereince You can have omlette but you cant change top...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear dogduckcow,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and noticed the attention to detail we put into the cleanliness of our rooms. I do apologize for the shortfall with the front desk and I can assure you this has been taken care of. We greatly appreciate your comments and feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. Thank you

Bill Mehalco
646-484-4329
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

i was skeptical but was assured by friends that have stayed at other Indigo properties- plus the value could not be beat but i was expecting budget quality and i have to say the room size is pretty much the same as the standard rooms at Tribeca Grand, Soho Grandm Thompson LES,
it is a new building with nice rooms- great bed and aveda bathroom products! central location- close to many chelsea spots and easy access to rest of city. super friendly and helpful front desk staff.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the back- you wont have a view but it will be quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo