“nice modern rooms at a good price ... however” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   127 West 28th Street, Restaurant and Rooftop Now Open, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #194 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“nice modern rooms at a good price ... however”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been staying in nyc on business for the last few months so i think i have a good handle on what you can get for your money.

The indigo is without doubt the best priced hotel hotel for the quality of rooms.
It is on par with the eventi and thompson les. The rooms are new, the linen is good and you can even open the window which i love. The area is not the best nor the worst but it is midtown and the subway is not so far. I walked easily to Union square.

The down side. The desk staff and resteraunt staff while nice enough were frankly amateur. I had the impression that they were either new to the jobs or had received zero training. During my check in i could not believe the state of the check in desk. it was a mess. I think the remains of somebodys lunch was visible. I had never seen this anywhere else.

It was suprised at the quality of the room vs what i had experienced at check in. Normally you get dissappointed when you see the room this was the opposite.

I would politely say to the manager make sure the check in desk creates a better experience
and impresson. After this i would ask have he staff received training ? -- I am a customer on business i dont expect to be greated with a ' whats up'.

This hotel has the makings of something very good ... but the staff currenty do not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at back. Breakfast was an odd expereince You can have omlette but you cant change top...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bill M, Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear dogduckcow,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and noticed the attention to detail we put into the cleanliness of our rooms. I do apologize for the shortfall with the front desk and I can assure you this has been taken care of. We greatly appreciate your comments and feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. Thank you

646-484-4329

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

i was skeptical but was assured by friends that have stayed at other Indigo properties- plus the value could not be beat but i was expecting budget quality and i have to say the room size is pretty much the same as the standard rooms at Tribeca Grand, Soho Grandm Thompson LES,
it is a new building with nice rooms- great bed and aveda bathroom products! central location- close to many chelsea spots and easy access to rest of city. super friendly and helpful front desk staff.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the back- you wont have a view but it will be quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is relatively close to a few different subway stops, nearby to a couple different bars and restaurants, and if all else fails there is a McDonalds across the street. The property is small but comfortable, the front desk people were always very kind. My only complaint is that the heater in the room did not work 100% of the time. In fact it would be in the 30's outside and my heater would continuously pump out cold air. There were times when I left the "heat" on all night and turned it up all the way, the heat WOULD kick in eventually, after hours of cold air pumping in. But it seemed like when housekeeping came in during the day they would turn off the heater and I would have to start the process all over again. I called down to the front to complain about this and they said someone would come check it out, I don't think this ever happened. I would recommend this only for spring travel, when heat is not required.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear frhou,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for our front desk staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the heater issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I agree with all of the good reviews Hotel Indigo has received; however,there are details that in an average hotel would be totally acceptable, but in a hotel of this caliber... For example, while my room was clean, quite nice looking and the bed VERY comfortable, there were nicks in the paint, the floor tile in the bathroom shower was very discolored. There was no hotel information book--where ice machines are (another small problem--only 1 ice machine and it is in the lower level). I had to call for its location and then call for how to use the television, what was available on TV for additional charge, etc. The Keurig cups offered only 1 tea. I asked housekeeping to give me two on my second day. They didn't. The staff was friendly.
Probably the best example of the uneven quality: yes, the amenties were Aveeda, and yes there was a bathrobe, but the bathrobe was not plush terry, but rather a cotton waffleweave.
Again, very small details, butI expect almost perfection for the scores people have given the hotel, and I have styaed at hotels in NYC that deserve the 4 1/2 to 5 stars they get because they attain that level of excellence.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
indigo21, Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear lindaannie2,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms and hotel. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the room, ice machine, television, and room directories. I would love to talk about this in more detail so we can fix these issues for future guests. Please feel free to contact me below and we hope to see you again real soon!!

Denton, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We come to NYC every few months for work, and tried Hotel Indigo this time. I love it! It's conveniently-located, a bit funky, great service and they pay such attention to detail. From the amenities in the bathroom, to the Keurig maker, to the free WiFi, to the bathrobe provided, to the modern yet cozy interiors - all just little extras to make your stay. The staff has been superb as well, more than eager to exceed your expectations. We also tried the restaurant downstairs (China Latina or something like that) and it was really good. An interesting mix of Asian and Latin food, again, with great service. Will definitely return here next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
indigo21, Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear t0nyaglen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. We are excited to hear that you loved our hotel and the amenities we offer to our guests. Your comments will be forwarded to all our staff and again thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

SE US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
- Rooms are clean, and by NY standards, large enough
- Staff is very friendly and helpful
- Rooms are quiet - I requested a quiet room and got a great king bed room on the 16th floor overlooking the street. Although you could hear the noise from nearby establishments when in the elevator, and a bit in the corridor, once inside the room it was very quiet.
- Location is great - 1/2 block (and NY blocks are short) to the subway, about a 10-15 minute walk to Times Square, lots of nearby places to pick up breakfast & lunch, short walk to nice places to eat dinner.
- This hotel is on the same street as many of NY's warehouse flower and plant shops; those stores line the streets with their goods, so it makes for a pleasant arrival from 6th Ave to the hotel.
- Nice amenities - Single serve coffee cup in the room, business center computer where you can print a boarding pass, free wifi in the room, complimentary newspaper at the front desk (NYT on Sunday!). There is also a small fitness room on the lower level.

All in all this hotel was a great choice and great value. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: For a quiet room with lots of light, ask for a room facing the street on a high floor (to get away f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
indigo21, Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Just_IMHO,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel. We are excited to hear that you loved your stay with us and you enjoyed your room, the hotel location, service, and amenities we offer. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions and we hope to see you again real soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel Indigo was great because they accommodate my husband and I while we waited to get back into our apartment from Hurricane Sandy. The staff at the front desk was always accommodating and friendly. They continued throughout many weeks make us feel at home.
There is a cool rooftop bar that always has happy hour deals from 5-7pm on the weekdays.
The gym downstairs was small but had two treadmills and two bikes. Great for a quick workout!
The rooms were very modern and clean.

Location is 4 blocks from Macy's on 34th. Easy to get to public transportation the 1 train is on the corner of 28th and 7th Ave.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear m201188,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with our property. We are happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you while waiting for your apartment to become habitable. As you may already know, if there is anything we can do to assist you during this time we are just a phone call away. Thank you again and hope to see you again real soon!

646-484-4329

Been to Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea? Share your experiences!